Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

When you equip a Power Anklet it guarantees you receive the parents Speed IV and two other random IV's? Right?
Wrong.
I have a Gible with a 31 Speed and Attack IV (Relatively Superior) with a Power Anklet and a Father with a 31 Speed, Attack and Defence IV (Outstanding) holding a Power Bracer. This should mean that all the offspring have 31 Attack and Speed IV's guaranteed along with the occasional Defence 31 IV. For some reason however it doesn't always work, in order to get the breeding chain this far I've used the Power Items successfully but now its stopped working and the IV's don't always transfer, I've been frequently getting Gible without a 31 Speed IV or a 31 Attack IV, looking back retroactively I can also see that some pokemon lack two 31 IV stats when I have been breeding with two power items giving 31 IV's from the start. Am I missing something here? I'm playing on Soul Silver so it should work, and all the sites I've checked don't list any exceptions to the transfer rule.

I also just got another Gible that was only decent all round with a 31 Speed IV coming from the above Parents :/

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
TOMAIUS i don't use the power items because i rng but i'm pretty sure you can only pass on one iv like that. On top of that i've seen lots of frames in the rng reporter where only 2 ivs were passed along sans item so it may be that with the item that the offspring only recieves the itemed iv along with only one other randomly passed iv not two.

"Because a Pokémon is limited to holding one item, you can only control a maximum of two IVs passing down (one from the father, the other from the mother)."

That goes against everything I've read :/, but I'll give it a shot thanks :)

If I have say Rotom-W that's learned Hydro Pump, when I revert back to original form, what move will Rotom have in place of Hydro Pump? Is it whatever move I chose to forget to learn Hydro Pump when I went to Wash forme?

I'm using Everstone method to breed Starmie's. My prior Starmie had Timid nature a solid 30 speed IV, but had Illuminate, so I figured Everstone would pass on Timid, so my odds of a 31 Speed IV with Natural Cure would be 1/64. Now I've been at it for 2 days, and every single Timid Staryu has Illuminate. Is this because of Everstone? If so, should I just regular breed (With Power items)?

You're completely right, I'm sorry. It appears that the Bulbapedia descriptions and Smogon descriptions differ, if I'm reading the Smogon one correctly. I don't know which one is right, and I'm sorry for answering your question incorrectly. I'll try to find out, but we might just be reading the Smogon description wrong and the person who wrote it meant that it doubled the critical hit chance, or Bulbapedia could be wrong.

EDIT: Marriland seems to agree with bulbapedia, http://pokemon.marriland.com/hgss/pokedex/absol/, but veekun agrees with Smogon: http://veekun.com/dex/abilities/super%20luck. Now I'm really unsure, but I think that Smogon's description is probably the right one, as Bulbapedia is user-generated and thus prone to error, while Smogon's facts are checked. Also, it seems pretty easy to misunderstand raising the crit rate one level as doubling it, because until level 4, it is doubling the last level. But I don't know, so I'll see if I can PM a mod or something.
Thanks for looking into it. I just wanted understand more about the capability my Absol have but I also understands that it would be difficult to confirm this because a random generated chance of 1/2 or 1/3 is kinda hard to test because it is a matter of luck. I have tried to deal continuous 9 critical combo and thus brought up my curiosity to ask this question.

If I have say Rotom-W that's learned Hydro Pump, when I revert back to original form, what move will Rotom have in place of Hydro Pump? Is it whatever move I chose to forget to learn Hydro Pump when I went to Wash forme?
Forgot something.

If I go into WiFi battle with Rotom-W and I revert back to original form, will I only have 3 moves?

if the only move your rotom had was the specific form move then it change to thundershock, if you had any other move and the specific form move then it just turn into a empty move spot.

I'm using Everstone method to breed Starmie's. My prior Starmie had Timid nature a solid 30 speed IV, but had Illuminate, so I figured Everstone would pass on Timid, so my odds of a 31 Speed IV with Natural Cure would be 1/64. Now I've been at it for 2 days, and every single Timid Staryu has Illuminate. Is this because of Everstone? If so, should I just regular breed (With Power items)?
Anybody?

You should be able to get a Staryu with Natural Cure as Everstone only gives your pokemon a 50% chance to keep his nature, not his ability.
I'd agree with you, but I have yet to get even one Timid with Natural Cure, even with bad IV's

Can a Celebi with HP Fire be legit? Or is the only way possible to have it is for it to be hacked?
This question applies for WiFi play,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)