Move Jumpluff back to GSC OU

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was OU forever and whoever moved it down did so without any real reason to do so I assume. It was certainly used enough to gain the OU title.

Whoops, forgot to add what this would do to benefit the site. It would make the tiers more accurate and would allow users to use the site as a historical Pokemon resource as well as a current one.

EDIT: This also includes Charizard & Jynx

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
havoc said:
in the cases of Jynx, Jumpluff, and Charizard, their usage has never exceeded BL in the past 5 years or so
He was the one who changed it. Bring it up with him.

He was the one who changed it. Bring it up with him.
It doesn't matter in the past 5 years really. GSC and RBY (and frankly RSE) are stagnant metagames and it's far too late to be making changes too them. Besides, those were all rather difficult Pokemon to use, and were used mainly by extremely skilled players, who have moved onto DPP. They were all incredibly OU when GSC was still popular.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
We don't have any usage stats for GSC and it's rarely played. You don't seem like you actually know much about the GSC metagame and it doesn't even really matter at this point. I don't see the point in making this thread or even changing GSC tiers at all.

We don't have any usage stats for GSC and it's rarely played. You don't seem like you actually know much about the GSC metagame and it doesn't even really matter at this point. I don't see the point in making this thread or even changing GSC tiers at all.
Well this kind of idiocy was expected. I do know a reasonable amount, and at least enough to make this kind of suggestion. I agree though, let's not make any changes to the GSC tiers! So that includes reversing the changes made to Jumpluff, Jynx, and Charizard.

havoc

pottlepalooza
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
we did just make a couple of changes to the GSC tiers that were long overdue, you can read about it in the Mt. Silver forum. if you have any issue about it, you can (maturely) discuss it there.

just because the tiers were that way for a while didn't mean they were correct. in being the best source for ALL competitive pokemon, we must make sure that we get the older generations correct as well as the most current. if you can demonstrate competency for knowledge of GSC and produce a convincing case, I would be more than happy to discuss your opinions, but as they stand currently, the tiers are both balanced and reflect the uses of pokemon correctly.

what havoc said. not that it really matters what the GSC tiers look like right now, but if people want to discuss it that's fine with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)