NBA Season 2009-2010

Its not about any of that, but people dont realize how incredibly bad this is for the league if top players continue to do this. Honestly I dont get where this sense of entitlement to winning came from. Personally when I play I hate the other team, and even when I played my friends I wanted to beat them rather than just join them if I lost then i'd want to beat them more not take the easy route and sell out

The league is basically going to be this in 2-3 years: Knicks/Lakers/Heat/Mavs/Magic all with super stacked teams while teams bad teams will have the worst attendence ever

Mmm...nah...Nash > CP3. Nash makes the Suns tick, even now...Hornets have just gone downhill since that one season. Granted, Hornets have also been trading away talent for a while, but still...
comparing their teams isn't comparing their skill.

How is it not? Nash makes EVERYONE better around him, and he himself is very talented (2 time MVP, and he's still putting up MVP-worthy numbers imo).

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://www.wwl.com/Hornets--Chris-Paul-not-pushing-for-trade/7772810

so yeah

This was basically driven by LeBron James/Maverick Carter/William Wesley.

The question is, when is the NBA going to fine these bastards, considering this is clearly tampering, which is a major offense in any sports league.

LeBron should get suspended for 30 games minimum and a $ 1,000,000 fine if the Hornets decide to file charges.

Honestly I hope someone lands on his knee and we never have to be "graced" by the presence of LeBlackHole ever again. He is a negative influence not only on the NBA, but on all sports.

James no, that happens between players all the time. Carter and Wesley yes. Get them as far away from the NBA as possible.

Steve Nash makes everyone else around him....

New Orleans with Paul - Playoff, Fringe Championship contender.
w/o CP3 - Wins 20 games a season.

He's 3rd all time is assists avg. Only LeBron James over the past 3 years has accounted for more % of their respective team's offense. Yes including your beloved Nash. CP3 accounts for 44% of his team's offense.

And lets not even START with defense.

Oh and let's not forget all the injuries New Orleans suffered last year (or the year before that)

How is it not? Nash makes EVERYONE better around him, and he himself is very talented (2 time MVP, and he's still putting up MVP-worthy numbers imo).
no he isn't putting up MVP numbers otherwise he would have been up for consideration. if you're going to let something like MVP be remained to subjectivity, you've already given into bias.

fact is, simply because Nash's team has had success doesn't mean he is actually better. what makes you think Paul doesn't make his teammates better? 10+ assists has to make SOMEBODY better. put Chris Paul near Amare instead of Tyson Chandler or Emaka Okafor and he'd be in the WCF too. the case of circumstance can be made for Chris Paul (and plus he's still young).

tl;dr lol i just realized i was speaking to another Suns fan. you guys are ridiculous. UH OH RONDO > STEVE NASH TWO FINALS APPEARANCES DEBATE OVA.

Steve Nash is also a dinosaur compared to everyone else and hes still putting up pretty good numbers... Its not easy being a 36 year old PG

Not to mention a certain back-up point guard to Steve Nash was just as effective in the lineup. System playaaaaaa

That's enough hatin' on Nash though, we all know that if it wasn't for a certain Robert Horry pick, Nash would've had his ring by now. Or not.

Im almost certain he would've... Amare out of game 6 for doing nothing hurt them badly, especially since Game 6 was at home for the Suns... Dumb Robert Horry messin things up

Im almost certain he would've... Amare out of game 6 for doing nothing hurt them badly, especially since Game 6 was at home for the Suns... Dumb Robert Horry messin things up
Not exactly sure why you, of all people, would call Robert Horry dumb. I admit I have a soft spot for him thanks to the Houston years.

Dude, Robert Horry is such a playa. He shifted around the league with perfect timing to win seven rings on three different teams. He's the only non-1960s Celtics player to win at least seven rings. Give him some credit. As for him him-checking Nash, well I found it rather hilarious. Almost as good as when Karl Malone smashed him the face with an elbow.
*highly dislikes Steve Nash*

Not exactly sure why you, of all people, would call Robert Horry dumb. I admit I have a soft spot for him thanks to the Houston years.
Just because he can hit a few shots doesnt mean hes not dumb... Idk why you would even bother posting this lmao, honestly you are coming off a bit stupid. I dont hate Robert Horry, but I dont see why I couldnt slight him for completely messing up the Suns chance at a ring

I've just never liked him. I don't really like his play style and he just comes off badly on me. :/
Also, when he won those back-to-back MVPs, which I disagree with his second one, when Kobe should have had it. Meh, not really up for argument though, because you won't change my mind.

4 team trade between the Rockets, Hornets, Pacers and Nets.

Rockets get Courtney Lee
Hornets get Trevor Ariza
Pacers get Darren Collison and James Posey
Nets get Troy Murphy and Julian Wright

I like this trade for all these teams. Hornets get that wing player they so desperately needed. I'd say they'd better hope Paul says healthy but their chances would've been shot if he gets hurt whether Collison is there or not.

Pacers FINALLY get a PG of the future. Oh and they save some money too. Now that front court....

Nets get the PF they wanted, young talent in Julian Wright and most importantly, Murphy's expiring contract who they can turn into more talent around the trade deadline.

And the Rockets get A LOT of financial relief. Not to mention they replaced a young wing player with Finals experience with... another young wing player with Finals experience. Lee may not be a shutdown defender like Ariza but he's still pretty solid on defense and (much) more efficient on offense.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
you mean trading a potential superstar PG for one of the worst players dollar for dollar in the NBA?

the guy took 400 threes shooting 33%, shot 39% from the field, and had a TS% of under .500. his defense is overrated too and he's a team cancer.

holy fuck this is the problem with the NBA - not superteams or shit like that but the fact there are about 5-10 front offices who have no idea what the fuck they're doing

hey man when your superstar point guard is unhappy and you could cater to the fans and trade the young probable star with no knee problems you have to do it (especially when you could have traded the superstar for some pretty great stuff earlier on)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)