The Cricket Thread Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice win by England.

Nothing impressive about the WI batting order. The pitch was a road.

I hope Sehwag is fit for the test series. Whats wrong with him, gets injured so easily =/

Morgan is the man, probably one of England's most consistent performers atm.

Maharoof shows why he should never have been dropped, fucking good man.

Australia's new team kinda sucks. :/

Also good to see Prince get 50, hopefully he can carry onto a hundred. Funny how he's doing well now that he's not opening...

It's not a new team... most players are the same that beat Pak and WI... they were just made to look godly because Pak and WI sucks ass..

Australia is average now.

We'll see. An England ashes win in Australia would definitely relegate Australia to "distinctly average."

Fucking hell, Bangladesh can't even beat Ireland. -.-
ikr =(
at least they tied up the "series"

Oh and Afridi's retiring from tests, whoop-de-do. He was never a great Test player really; anyways, he's more suited to ODIs / T20s.

It was just a matter of time before the Afridi retiring happened.

Murli retiring is more important xD

I hope India win the toss tom cuz I don't have much to do other than watch TV, and I dun wanna see SL batting ._.

I'm in India right now xD

I wanted Murali to get 800 wickets, but India didn't really have to crash and burn that badly. Anyways, for once, I don't care that India lost. Murali 800!

4 down now India... not looking good.
But really, it's a boring test match. Sri Lankan pitches need to be more bowler friendly.
Pak vs Eng tomorrow... only gonna watch paks bowling though, I'm sure they'll do just fine in that department ;x

Nice century from Raina on debut. As for Sachin, well... 48th ton, 5th double-century. Only a matter of time before he gets to fifty centuries. Although this pitch was an absolute highway. Match heading towards a definite draw. India's bowling is really lackluster for the supposed "#1" Test team.

On the other side of the world, England in a strong position against an in-form Pakistan. Morgan ton on debut.

LOL Pak collapsing like Australia did in the last test xD

I bet all the Indian fans would love to borrow the Pakistani quickies and the Pakistani fans would love the Indian batting line-up,lol

how awesome would that be eh.

-V Sehwag
- Salman Butt/ G Gambhir
- R Dravid
- SRT
- VVS
- S Raina/ Umar Akmal
- MSD
- Bhajji
- M Aamer
- M Asif
- Umar Gul/ Zaheer khan

I'm all go for giving youngsters a chance to play for the team.. But these new guys don't even average above 40 in the domestic circuit... There's more than a dozen batsmen in the country right now who have performed far better.I'd say they were harsh with the senior players... A test team along the lines of...
Butt
Farhat/Jamshed or anyone else
Younis
Yousaf
Umar
Kamran
Shoaib.m
Aamer
Asif
Kaneria
Would be one of the strongest teams in the world, on paper at least... If Kamran can hold on to those catches :/
I doubt the Y's will be coming back though, but without doubt there are people who can take their place in the domestic pool right now... Damn corruption in the whole board picking people with certain " requests " is screwing up the team.
And the Pak collapse is no where near the Aus one.... nearly all top batsmen had averages over 50. This is more of an expected event imo

Jesus christ you couldn't get two differing games. tbh I preferred the Eng v Pak game, I always appreciate a wicket that's bowler friendly, with wickets tumbling than a bore draw like the SL v India game ;_;

Jesus christ you couldn't get two differing games. tbh I preferred the Eng v Pak game, I always appreciate a wicket that's bowler friendly, with wickets tumbling than a bore draw like the SL v India game ;_;
Almost all of us prefer wickets that assist bowlers a bit. But at the same time I don't consider extremely seaming conditions good either. I like wickets falling yea but matches ending inside 4 days =/= good wicket.

The last test between Ind-SL seems to be a really good wicket so far though =)

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
It seems captaincy has a positive effect on Taylor's batting.. But if it is going to result in him batting like this all the time, I reckon he should keep it.

Have a nice day.

Randiv didn't do anything wrong. There is nothing against it in the rule book. Indians whimper a lot. Even Adam Gilchrist was denied the fastest century in the world when Matthew Hoggard bowled a wide in a test match and you would be knowing about the bizarre wide rules in test cricket. But, he never complained.

Still, you don't expect that from the team that won the best behaved (or w/e its called) award 2 years in a row. The rule itself is messed up. If the game was over as soon as the no ball was bowled then why was the ball counted in sehwag's innings and not the runs?

As for today's match NZ won the toss.. anything above 230 should be good enough.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ugh ingram.. They'd be better off opening the batting with Southee..

[edit] - it's not like they dont have enough batsmen, with McCullum at 9 and Mills/Tuffey at 11..

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)