RMT- Custom Shoddy Battle Team 1 VS 1 Standard

Aelita

Return To The Past, Now~
is a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Uhm, hello everyone, this is my first thread, so I apologize if I have already broken any rules. I would like you people to tell me what you think of this nice little team I thought of myself, thanks to Smogon.

Changes are in Bold.

INITIAL TEAM-BUILDING

I decided this team because I saw Ambipom leads were quite darn effective and killed a lot of my leads, including the resistant Metagross, quite fast. So I decided to make it my lead.

I also decided that Tyranitar+ Cradily were insanely bulky together, so I wanted them as parts of my team.

I saw that Bronzong wouldn't get killed fast due to experience with it, so I decided to keep it as one of my team members.

Jirachi had annoyed the hell out of me, especially with Serene Grace+Iron Head. I decided that it would be time to turn the tables.

Looking back on my team, I saw that I had three fire type weaknesses. I needed to cover those, and Kingdra came to mind with 4x Fire resistance.

Here goes the team.

TEAM WITH CHANGES

Ambipom @ Life Orb

Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Speed/4 Def
Nature: Jolly
~Fake Out
~Low Kick
~Return
~Taunt

I decided to try out a Choice Band on my lead, Ambipom, because a Choice Banded, Technician-boosted, STAB Fake Out with a 100% flinch rate is quite scary, especially coming from such a fast lead. I plan to start with this, then switch to something more appropriate for the opponent's Pokemon, if it isn't killed. If it survives and I switch, Pursuit ensures the opponent doesn't switch withouut taking a ton of damage from Technicial Choice Band Pursuit. The EVs ensure the most damage.
Due to experience with it, I switched to LO Ambipom because it actually did more damage (wierdly).

Tyranitar @ Leftovers

Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/52 Atk/176 SpecAtk/28 Speed
Nature: Quiet
~Substitute
~Focus Punch
~Crunch
~Thunderbolt

Standard TyraniBoah throughfare. I chose this mainly because I needed someone to set up Sandstorm for my next Pokemon, Cradily, for the 1.5x Special Defense boost.

Cradily @ Leftovers

Ability: Suction Cups
EVs: 252 HP/116 Def/140 SpecDef
Nature: Impish
~Stockpile
~Recover
~Toxic
~Rock Slide

The. Best. Staller. In. The. Game. Stockpile Staller because of all the things that can't kill it without STAB Ice Beams after it has Stockpiled three times and can just Recover off the damage. Once the opponent figures this out, he/she will send out a Steel or Poison type, hence Earthquake to counter both.
According to suggestions, I changed the attack to Rock Slide. I didn't choose it initially because of the 90% accuracy, but I'll play with it and see how it goes.

Jirachi @ Leftovers

Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Speed
Nature: Bold
~Calm Mind
~Wish
~Thunderbolt
~Psychic

This is a very nice mid-game staller, as Steel+Psychic is resistant to a lot of attacks and it can set up with Cosmic Power behind a Substitute, and just Substitute once more if it's broken. The EVs are divided as such because they cover up Jirachi's weaknesses: Ground (Physical) and Fire (Mostly Special).
The whole moveset and EV spread had been changed as suggested. Hopefully it will now net me many more victories ^_^

Celebi @ Leftovers

Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/152 Atk/8 Def/96 SpecDef
~Grass Knot
~Leech Seed
~Recover
~Hidden Power [Fire]

This is the Dual Screen set, chosen mainly because it goes nicely on with the stallers. Set up, attack with Earthquake if the opponent is not immune to it, and Explode to go to someone else.
Bronzong was changed to Celebi because it is a better staller (though it gets killed a lot before I can do anything useful with it)

Starmie @ Leftovers

EVs: 136 HP/152 Def/216 Speed
Nature: Timid
Ability: Natural Cure
~Surf
~ThunderBolt
~Rapid Spin
~Recover

Because I realized that a lot of Pokemon have Fire-type weaknesses, I chose Kingdra. This is a scary set, especially at mid to late game when Draco Meteor can actually kill half someone's team.
Kingdra was switched to Starmie. I needed a Rapid Spinner, as entry hazards were a big concern while playing in the metagame.

Let the critical reviews begin. I'm open to suggestions, as I know that no team can be perfect.

I Will Ask You This,What The Hell Is Kingdra And Bronzong Doing Here And Infernape Owns This Team.

I Would Recommend Using WishCM Set For Jirachi And Use Silk Scarf > Choice Band For Ambipom Because After Fake Out,You Must Switch :S

Use Life Orb Or Silk Scarf For Ambipom.

Ambipom @ Life Orb/Silk Scarf

Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Speed/4 Def
Nature: Jolly
~Fake Out
~Low Kick
~Return
~Taunt

Since You Have Infernape Weakness(Bar Kingdra),Use Rotom Or Heatran Or Starmie And Replace Bronzong Or Kingdra.

Use This Set For Jirachi:
Jirachi @ Leftovers

Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
~ Calm Mind
~ Wish
~ Thunderbolt
~ Psychic

Now For The Ground Weakness,You Can Use Dragonite/Gyarados/Rotom/Celebi...But I Guess Celebi Works As It Helps Tyranitar And As Your Status Absorber,You Can Replace Brozong Or Kingdra

Use This Set:

Celebi @ Leftover
Bold Nature
Ev's:252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Moveset:
~ Grass Knot
~ Recover
~ Thunder Wave / Leech Seed
~ Hidden Power Fire / Earth Power

Leech Seed Helps To Stall And Also This Counter's Swampert As I Can See He Is a Problem

Now For Infernape Counter:

Starmie @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Timid Nature
Ev's:252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~ Hydro Pump / Surf
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice Beam
~ Recover / Rapid Spin

No Other Than Starmie!Anyways I Cant Help You That Much Without Removing Cradily >_>

Good Luck!

Sorry this is just a short rate I just looked over it.

First running choice band and fake out together is a very bad idea. Is suggest life orb just not a choice item. Running 2 weathers is usually not a good idea because they cancel each other. If you want a stall jirachi u-turn seems pretty pointless to me so I would replace that slot with wish or toxic. you have a fighting weakness. Sorry for not finding solutions I did my best with the time I had.

I would say ditch Bronzong and Kingdra as Rain and Sandstorm just aren't going to work together, and Bronzong doesn't do much for this team anyway, as the screens won't make that much of a difference when Cradily will have amazing defenses in the sand anyway.

Use the set [DR]InferNAPE suggested for both Ambipom and Jirachi as a Choice Item on Ambipom just won't work. The WishCM Jirachi can be effective as a late game sweep and with a few Calm Minds+Wish, it can be specially defensive.

Rock Slide>Earthquake on Cradily, as you can't touch levitating, or flying, steels at all with Toxic+EQ, mainly Skarm, who still can wall this thing anyway.

In place of Bronzong, run this Starmie

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
Ev's:136Hp/156Def/216Spe
~ Surf
~ Thunderbolt
~ Rapid Spin
~ Recover
As, against stall teams, Toxic Spikes WILL be a problem for this team. Plus, he can counter Infernape+Gyarados. Ice Beam won't be as needed without Salamence.

Now, in the last slot I suggest Dragonite, as his weaknesses,Ice,Rock, and Dragon, are resisted by members of your team. As for the set I recommend BulkyDD.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability:Inner Focus
Evs:252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 Spe
Nature:Adamant
~ Dragon Dance
~ Dragon Claw / Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Roost

Ummmm... CB Ambipom seems a little odd. Why not just use LO? You get a really strong Fake Out while being able to hit it with a stronger attack without having to switch.

Aelita

Return To The Past, Now~
Thank you for the suggestions, everyone.
As per your suggestions, Bronzong and Kingdra have been replaced with Celebi and Starmie/Dragonite.
Jirachi's whole set has been changed.
Ambipom is now holding a Life Orb.
However, I would like your opinions on a few things.

~Should I go for Earth Power or Hidden Power [Fire] on Celebi?
~Should I opt for Starmie or Dragonite in the last slot? (Movesets up for consideration)

As For Celebi,Use HP Fire As To Counter Scizor Etc.

I Dont Really Know Either Starmie Or Dragonite...You Can Try Both As For Testing And Which You Like Best And Use It :)

I think both Earth Power and HP Fire is good.
Earth Power for Heatran.
HP Fire for Scizor.
But because you have only one counter for Fire types, and Earth Power can still damage neutrally Scizor, I think Earth Power is better. HP Fire can't hit Heatran, and Earth Power's base power is 90, while HP Fire's is only 70.

I think you will need a Rapid Spinner, and because Starmie is faster then Dragonite, and it hasn't 4x weakness, I say Starmie.

I think both Earth Power and HP Fire is good.
Earth Power for Heatran.
HP Fire for Scizor.
But because you have only one counter for Fire types, and Earth Power can still damage neutrally Scizor, I think Earth Power is better. HP Fire can't hit Heatran, and Earth Power's base power is 90, while HP Fire's is only 70.

I think you will need a Rapid Spinner, and because Starmie is faster then Dragonite, and it hasn't 4x weakness, I say Starmie.
I Will SAY This,His Team Is WEAK To Scizor And Kingdra And Ttar Gives A Decent Check Against Scarf Versions Of Heatran..Use USE HP FIRE > Earth Power

Use Starmie ^_^

Aelita

Return To The Past, Now~
I Will SAY This,His Team Is WEAK To Scizor And Kingdra And Ttar Gives A Decent Check Against Scarf Versions Of Heatran..Use USE HP FIRE > Earth Power

Use Starmie ^_^
The last Pokemon has been changed to Starmie.
However, wouldn't HP Fire be effectively walled by Kingdra?
If my team is weak to it, shouldn't I utilize Earth Power instead?

And is HP Fire there for the sole purpose of beating Scizor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)