Smogon VGC: Smocon 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Exhales*

Wow.... I spent about an hour or so reading and browsing all the pics/vids... and I have to say it was one of the best reads I have ever had! I truly enjoyed every moment of the account and it brought back a lot of memories for me too. :)

I'll definitely be ready for a RC pic next year. It's sad that we both forgot about that TWO EVENTS in a row. I'm so looking forward to seeing you and all the other members of the crew next year for sure.

I'm just happy we had the chance to talk a lot more than at JAA 4 years ago. I think I only saw you twice then.

Anyhow, thanks for telling this wonderful story. It was a pleasure and a privilege to read it all.

The "HACK!! HACK!!!" on the Alaka vs Deagle vid STILL gets me. I absolutely love that part. LOL

See you around on the forums and IRC, Man. I look forward to next year and you actually competing. (You said you will, so we're going to hold you to that!) I'm sure we'll all be glad to give you advice on the games. :)

Once again DM, you are the master of writing stories. I'm not even sure I should finish mine after reading this epic tale, it would pale in comparison. Seriously though, I was so surprised and happy when Paul told me that you were there (Exact text message exchange: Paul: "Yeah after seeing all the people there im really sad, sucks ass im missing people like you, et, dm and stuff" Me: "Wait dm? Are you telling me that doom fucking mullet is here? Et is so quiet lol, he almost never speaks unprompted and speaks very quietly when he does" Paul: Apparently bojak is staying in my hotel room" Me: What the fuck, when did this happen? I am going to lose my mind when I see him lol"). I just couldn't believe that I would finally get to meet you after 4 years of knowing you online. You are the reason why I have always wanted to meet other smogonites; your JAA story was an inspiration. I can honestly say that the weekend in Indy was one of the best weekends of my entire life, and I will never forget it. I love you man, and I eagerly await our next meeting!

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ugh I saw this 12 hours ago and couldn't read it because I was on my phone and now I just got home but need to sleep so I need to put it off again to do it justice :(

Not only does the state take about 17 hours to drive across, but EVERY SINGLE DRIVER with an Ohio license plate sucks at life. They just pick a line and go, “slower traffic stay right” be damned. I can’t describe how many times I raged at other people, nor can I even begin to count how many times I was forced to pass jackasses in the right-hand lane. To you reading: if you ride the left-hand lane, you are a BAD DRIVER and SUCK AT LIFE.
Bwahahaha. I live in Huntington, WV, right across the river, and we get that shit all the time. Cruising in the wrong lane, not using turn signals, generally being a cock? Odds are 9:1 that they've got an Ohio plate.

When a friend first got his driver's license, he was t-boned just as he was pulling out of the DMV. By an Ohio driver. Going the wrong way on a one-way street. No joke.

I hear you on driving in Ohio, man. Shit fucking sucks there... I end up there once a year or so to visit some family down there and it never fails to be agonizing. Especially because the cops actually observe the speed limit there, none of that "ehhh whatevs you can go like 10 over" shit that happens in real states.
This too. Seriously, fuck Ohio!

The name's Patrick Smith by the way. Next year I gotta make plans for staying and hanging out longer.

Great recap! :)

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Also, Jeremy's online name is Bonta-kun. Fish, Paul, DTrain, the Ha's, and I hung out a bunch with him at Nats last year. He won the 2008 competition in NYC, thus winning a trip to Worlds that year.
Ah, thanks! I'll make that change.

Amazing story DM. It was a shame that we barely got to hang out in Indy but next year I'll fix that and tag along with the group more. Reading this makes me miss Indy so much :(.
Yeah man, I was always so busy staying out late and being irresponsible that I didn't spend enough time with people like you and your brother who went to sleep at reasonable hours. We'll definitely change that next time around.

DM it was a pleasure to finally meet you! I knew how you looked like so it was no surprise when Fish introduced us. That red corvette though was pretty awesome haha. Like Duy said I also plan to hang out with you next time since you were a pretty cool guy to be around. I look forward to seeing you at future VGC events!
Oh shit, I forgot that part! That's one of my favorite parts of the story, meeting you and you saying: "Yeah, you're DM. I recognize your... everything." Adding that in!

fuck what was i possibly looking at ~_~ gonna blame the sleep loss

or maybe she just has a nice ass alright FUCK
hahaha

But Sixonesix-- dude we saw him downstairs after you guys all gave up the partying and hahahahahahahahahaha
lol what, was he hammered??? That's awesome, he hid it so well.

DM for official Smogon historian maybe?
Sign me up. I love writing these as much as you guys like reading them.

I look forward to next year and you actually competing. (You said you will, so we're going to hold you to that!) I'm sure we'll all be glad to give you advice on the games. :)
Thanks man! I'm excited to finally be getting involved.

I'm not even sure I should finish mine after reading this epic tale, it would pale in comparison.
SCREW YOU DUDE. That happens every time, you'd better finish it.

And thanks for the kind words, it was awesome to meet you too. You're basically King Medicine's first fan. :doom:[/QUOTE]

The name's Patrick Smith by the way.
Thanks, got it!

Man, I am so frustrated that I didn't get to go to Nats to chill with y'all. ;-;

NEXT YEAR. NEXT YEAR I WILL BE THERE.

Woo, a very late bump.

This is the god of Pokemon warstories. I loved the pictures and the whole thread in general, to be honest. I want a red car picture next time though :o

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Haha, definitely man. I missed a bunch of those this time around. I honestly never actually met you, but you're still on the "DM owes you an RC pic and a beer" list.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
ATTENTION EVERYONE WHO GOT A CD:

I accidentally deleted the playlist upon coming home, but apparently none of the song titles load when you play the CD in a computer. For posterity's sake (and since I made no mention of the CDs in the story), here is the official song list:

(all songs are by King Medicine, 13-19 are originals)
1. Not in Nottingham (Disney's Robin Hood)
2. In the Aeroplane Over the Sea (Neutral Milk Hotel)
3. Baby Bitch (Ween)
4. I Will Survive (Donna Summer/Cake)
5. Young Shields (Casiotone for the Painfully Alone)
6. Karma Police (Radiohead)
7. Oh Comely (Neutral Milk Hotel)
8. Old Man (Neil Young)
9. The Weather (Built to Spill)
10. Landslide (Fleetwood Mac)
11. Like You Know (Film School)
12. Untrustable/Part 2 (About Someone Else) (Built to Spill)
13. All the Loose Ends
14. The Escape
15. Boy/Girl: Part 5
16. A Good VD Gift
17. Old Fashion, New Passion
18. Every Breath Fleeting
19. Doll House

TTS has told me his CD doesn't work, so I will be sending him a zip of all the files. If anyone else has a CD that isn't playing for whatever reason, let me know.

I would kill for a killer trip like this!

You guys are awesome!

Awesome thread young Ben Affleck Aka DM!

Hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)