Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
im still waiting for my counter-taunt, like a move that makes you only use non-attacking moves, that would be game breaking, what do you think the new dragon will be like?
I was hoping for that too, but that's kinda.. really cheap, lol. And Kibago I think will be Dragon/Fighting, I would love that typing!

im still waiting for my counter-taunt, like a move that makes you only use non-attacking moves, that would be game breaking, what do you think the new dragon will be like?
That would be kinda broken...
give it to Clefable and 32PP. GG.

Uhh, King. Empoleon posted saying growth raises atk etc. 'if no-one said that already' so... yeah.
Doesn't the move Growth raise Special Attack? (Technically Special in gen I when it was introduced, but thanks to the Special stat split introduced in gen II it only raises Special Attack from then on.)

Also, I am hoping Victini gets a really good BST, perhaps enough for OU if not ubers...

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Doesn't the move Growth raise Special Attack? (Technically Special in gen I when it was introduced, but thanks to the Special stat split introduced in gen II it only raises Special Attack from then on.)

Also, I am hoping Victini gets a really good BST, perhaps enough for OU if not ubers...

It raises attack along with special attack in Gen V.

Lol, someone's kinda lost... Growth raises both of them in Gen V, and Victini will have 10o in all stats. So what happened to Pokemon Sunday, what info?

A demo Shikijika seems to have 58HP at level 20 (PJ).
My pet ability I'd like to see introduced is "Pacifist" that ignores Taunt.
A support Pokemon that could not be Taunted would be pretty cool.
Even better would be "Strong Willed" to block all move restriction (Encore, Torment, Choice etc).

A demo Shikijika seems to have 58HP at level 20 (PJ).
My pet ability I'd like to see introduced is "Pacifist" that ignores Taunt.
A support Pokemon that could not be Taunted would be pretty cool.
Even better would be "Strong Willed" to block all move restriction (Encore, Torment, Choice etc).
Pacifist sounds more like the opposite of Taunt.

That is, you use it and the Pokemon is forced to use Support Moves

Pacifist sounds more like the opposite of Taunt.

That is, you use it and the Pokemon is forced to use Support Moves
What I had in mind is an ability that causes Taunt to have no effect on Pokemon with it.
So they would be able to do whatever they want as if Taunt wasn't used.

The other ability would ignore all move restriction so the Pokemon could switch moves while carrying a Choice Band, for example, while still getting the boost.
Sorta like Klutz or Unaware but related to moves/items that try to restrict move choice.

@Mario with Lasers
Lets hope Shiki's stats are closer to the high end of that estimate :o

Wait. What are all the stats (not base stats, but actual stats) that have been revealed so far (I have dial-up which = not too many videos without spending hours waiting for it to fully load X( )? I made a QBasic program that does backwards calculation based on Smogon's Damage Formula to find Base Stats, so I could use it and either tell the information if you all don't already know and if you care, or just do it for my own sake.

What I had in mind is an ability that causes Taunt to have no effect on Pokemon with it.
So they would be able to do whatever they want as if Taunt wasn't used.

The other ability would ignore all move restriction so the Pokemon could switch moves while carrying a Choice Band, for example, while still getting the boost.
Sorta like Klutz or Unaware but related to moves/items that try to restrict move choice.
Anti-Taunt. No. That's just asking for an unstoppable Setup sweeper or wall. Or an unstoppable Baton Pass user. Anything with an ability to ignore Taunt would completely broken if it is allowed any setup moves at all.

Choice items are also restricting as penalty for the sheer power they help put out. Would I like to see more things with Klutz? Yes. Would I like to see something that can abuse Scarf or Band/Specs without penalty? No.

Lol, someone's kinda lost... Growth raises both of them in Gen V, and Victini will have 10o in all stats. So what happened to Pokemon Sunday, what info?
I meant up to gen IV. Gen V made sense of raising both Attack stats in Growth. I didn't think such a move existed even in gen IV, barring the rare boosts from the likes of Ancient Power. Thanks for catching up with the details. And I actually expected that exact stat distribution, since I expect Victini to be along the lines of Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy (the small, cute legendaries) hence the expected 100's. I didn't recall watching that specific Pokémon Sunday at all.

Anti-Taunt. No. That's just asking for an unstoppable Setup sweeper or wall. Or an unstoppable Baton Pass user. Anything with an ability to ignore Taunt would completely broken if it is allowed any setup moves at all.

Choice items are also restricting as penalty for the sheer power they help put out. Would I like to see more things with Klutz? Yes. Would I like to see something that can abuse Scarf or Band/Specs without penalty? No.
Well it's kind of the point of an ability that ignores Taunt, to have a a Pokemon that cannot be stopped by Taunt.
I get that you don't like the idea but unstoppable is a bit alarmist since I said nothing about such a Pokemon's stats or immunity to Roar/Whirlwind.

Along the same lines, a Pokemon or two than can use Choice items without penalty wouldn't necessarily be the end of the Pokeworld.
Clefable can get a 1.3x boost for free and we survive while Guts can already guarantee 1.5x with enough momentum to sweep before status wins.

Pokemon with very good abilities (eg. Poison Heal/Pure Power/Huge Power) are seldom extremely gifted statistically and in terms of movepool.
It's part of the balancing process. Nonetheless, their abilities can often give them a niche that other Pokemon cannot fill.

I really want a Dragon that doesnt have 'enough' potential to be moved to Ubers
It must have a Double Ice Weakness
Dragon/Grass seems pretty cool and unique. Scizor is able to handle it
The only reason, is because there isnt enough dragons outside Ubers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)