Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way that Pokabu will be in UU or NU.

It's NFE.
Some NFEs are, or have been, UU, such as Chansey, Scyther, Porygon 2 and Magneton. All the other NFEs are NU, in reality.

If NU is the lowest usage tier that Smogon gets to in generation 5 (which I really hope it isn't), then Pokabu will be at least NU.

NFE *should* mean nothing in terms of competitive battles. It's just an in-game status of a Pokemon. It's a label that Game Freak give to certain Pokemon, just like "legendary", or "starter". It's like how people say things such as "Articuno and Regice should be OU, because they're legendary". It's just a completely flawed arguement.

It does happen that most NFEs have poorer stats, and are almost completely outclassed by their evolutions, so it's unlikely one will ever be OU (although Porygon 2 almost was in DPP), but you can't say it won't be, just because it's NFE.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Some NFEs are, or have been, UU, such as Chansey, Scyther, Porygon 2 and Magneton. All the other NFEs are NU, in reality.
It just so happens that these specific Pokemon were, at one point, fully evolved. They only gained evolutions after subsequent generations (Chansey and Scyther in Gen 2, Porygon 2 is itself an evolution added in Gen 2 and gains an evolution in Gen 4, Magneton gained an evolution in Gen 4).

It's reasonable to assume that there may be several Pokemon that gain subsequent evolutions in Gen 5.

Incidentally Wynaut is Uber, but it's also a NFE. Go figure.

Right, presumably from CoroCoro, the official site, etc.

I'm not denying the existence of pre-release photos of Electivire. I'm just saying he wasn't in the demo since Mario with Lasers said he was. And when he replied that he had seen a battle screen with it, I figure he meant something blurry that could be confused with a demo shot, such as a commercial clip.

Don't remember the origin, but that was Electivire's first appearance. I still remember uploading that to my photobucket when it was revealed.

If Pokabu's deffence is low then he will drop to UU or NU, high health and atack doesnt help without good speed which he probably lacks.
Add in a SR weakness to that and he becomes dead weight on a team.
Yes, the future doesn't look too optimistic for Pokabu's evolutions, but we don't know what changes BW will bring. It would be rare for GF to make a starter NU in its debut generation - even Sceptile and Torterra made it to OU and UU respectively. That said I can't really see how it will function, if it's Fire/Dark Sucker Punch would be useful, but I have this suspicion Pokabu's evo will be a slightly better version of Flareon...

Those are exceptions because they are powerful enough regardless of having an evolution.

If NU is the lowest usage tier that Smogon gets to in generation 5 (which I really hope it isn't), then Pokabu will be at least NU.
No it wont. it will be NFE. Pokabu's Final evolution could be NU/UU/whathaveyou, but Pokabu will not. it will be NFE (which, according to Smogon's Strategy dex, it's it's own "tier") which pretty much limits it to Little Cup.

regardless, this is irrelevant. The point I was making is that Pokabu's evolutions are what we will be judging, not Pokabu. Pokabu's stats could easily shift to give it more defence when it evolves, or give it a type that resist Stealth Rock, or whatever else you want it to do. Stop assuming how it's going to perform, since you're basing it of practically nothing.

I kinda expected the little piggy to get a high HP/low defence kinda thing going on. Just look at Mamoswine; they're both build fairly similar when it comes to looks and whatnot. I guess that's a stretch, though.

And am I the only person who see's Kibago evolving into Ononokusu? I mean look at the tusks on that thing; definitely a prominent feature of both pokemon. Also, the head features a small spike which Kibago also has. It just fits.

@Below: Darn, must have missed it then.

I kinda expected the little piggy to get a high HP/low defence kinda thing going on. Just look at Mamoswine; they're both build fairly similar when it comes to looks and whatnot. I guess that's a stretch, though.

And am I the only person who see's Kibago evolving into Ononokusu? I mean look at the tusks on that thing; definitely a prominent feature of both pokemon. Also, the head features a small spike which Kibago also has. It just fits.
Yes, this was discussed several pages back. People seem to think it might be a Dragon or Dragon/Dark BST 600.

I'm probably tardy to the party on this one, but holy shit @ the sturdy changes. (For those who have no idea what I'm talking about: Sturdy is now a built-in Focus Sash)

Helllllooooo Forretress. And this is probably way more valuable on Skarmory than Keen Eye even though most unboosted attacks can't OHKO him. This could even make people consider Donphan and Aggron. And speaking of Aggron.... Sturdy + Taunt + Metal Burst. Just...wow.

Unforunately I can't see Magnezone ever benefiting from this since Magnet Pull is pretty much the reason anyone even uses him.

@everyone: Go check Serebii

Looks like we have a new fish. Although; we don't know if its the Old Rod fish yet or not. So; green = envy : P?

Apparently Darumakka has arms and legs, shown in a serebii pic that was added recently.
I'm guessing that nitro charge/shell blade/grass mixer aren't signiture moves. They may be, but I'm doubting that a 50 BP attack is a signature move to one of the starters :/
I'm loving every pokemon from this gen so far (especially Wargle and Tsutarja), although I could go without gear and the psycho chipmunk family...

I think he means it would only reverse abilities, example, Heatran's firepower would weaken when hit by a fire type move, electivire would lose speed when hit by thunderbolt, vaporeon would lose 25% when hit by a water type attack.
No, that's not what he means. He states that instead of raising gyarados attack and speed with dragon dance, it will lower his attack and speed.

Yep. Also, Brock leaves and Ash gets two new people to travel with.
You know, i'm even wandering if ash is going to be in the new series, because i've got the feeling that they are not only making back a red and blue experience in the game, but that they also want to get back the experience that people had with the first series. That girl with the kibago looks like she could be the new Ash.

Basurao has a rectangular jaw with the top half of its body being green and the bottom half being grey. Writer compared it to Carvanha
I've got the feeling that Basurao is some kind of stonefish pokemon.

The actual Tabunne is hilariously different from what it was described as, which was "round, small, cute, and pink". It was basically only 2/4. Oh well.

Nitro Charge is awful weak, but do we have the exact percentage of its speed increase? It could be like a Speed-boosting, Fire-type, physical Charge Beam. Which is what I'm betting on, since I don't think the 50 base damage is coincidence.

Tabunne is too cute.

Also, pokejungle rumors probably fake- they say Darumakka doesn't have arms, and that conflicts with the new pictures on Serebii.

Tabunne is too cute.

Also, pokejungle rumors probably fake- they say Darumakka doesn't have arms, and that conflicts with the new pictures on Serebii.
Actually, it's confirmed at the very least what the three attacks do (except for the BP and accuracy of Nitro Charge and Grass Mixer). Really there aren't any actual rumors besides the kind of stats Mijumaru and Pokabu have and Shikijika's attacks. But it seems kind of weird they got the arms and legs thing mixed up for Dharmakka. It got Bassrao right at least.

We already had a (although blurry) picture of Basurao though, even before the rumors.

Well, I guess I'm just skeptic because they're... you know, pokejungle rumors.

Why is Focus Sash Sturdy such a big deal when Stealth Rock still fucks you up?
Because we don't know if it's like Focus Sash, we just know a Pokemon with full health can't be OHKO'd. For example, will Donphan's leftovers restart his Sturdy ability? If yes, then that's pretty wicked.

Because we don't know if it's like Focus Sash, we just know a Pokemon with full health can't be OHKO'd. For example, will Donphan's leftovers restart his Sturdy ability? If yes, then that's pretty wicked.
The problem with that would be getting back up to full health after going sturdy. Skarm is probably the best for something like that since it has roost

How many Pokemon with Strudy are actually able to be OHKO'd by common moves from Pokemon they would normally stay in against? Could they retaliate back or reactivate Sturdy by healing? Sturdy isn't so amazing if chances are the Pokemon will not be up against moves that will not OHKO it anyways. Sturdy also loses to Pokemon that manage a 2HKO against it.

Well, Sturdy was situational to the point of being useless and it was improved so the excitement is understood.
Obviously, the best way to ensure it counts is to lead with the Sturdy Pokemon.
The fact that you're basically able to run sash and something else (lum? custap? unknown new item?) might prove useful.

EDIT @BlueBomber: Make the Filler Sucker Punch..mind game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)