Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
who is weak to fighting, ground, fire and idk wtf else, high atack and immune to most status is nice, but he is probably gonne get ohkoed by fire blast/CC/EQ with SR in field or not. unless he get some uber defenses but then he would probably be slow, thus wont outspeed shit like lucario and/or gyara and would get hit by a SE +2 CC or +1 waterfall.
How about trick room, that stops sweepers like Luke and Gyara, and if he does end up having a fuckton of Atk and Def he can easily kill them under Trick Room.. but just speculating, how do you see that? Would it work?

How about trick room, that stops sweepers like Luke and Gyara, and if he does end up having a fuckton of Atk and Def he can easily kill them under Trick Room.. but just speculating, how do you see that? Would it work?
I see it joining Ryperior.

But, with Speed increased in Sandstorm, that could probably stack with choice scarf. If so, I don't really see speed as a problem, as well as most likely having extremely powerful Ground and Steel type moves.

who is weak to fighting, ground, fire and idk wtf else, high atack and immune to most status is nice, but he is probably gonne get ohkoed by fire blast/CC/EQ with SR in field or not. unless he get some uber defenses but then he would probably be slow, thus wont outspeed shit like lucario and/or gyara and would get hit by a SE +2 CC or +1 waterfall.
Weak to Water, Fighting, Ground, and Fire. Hmm, all of which Heatran is weak to (except Fire --> 4x Ground), yet he somehow manages to top OU. He doesn't have a single 4x weakness, which is great, and he resists Bug, Dark, Dragon, Flying, Ghost, Normal, Psychic, Rock, and Steel. He is also immune to Electric and Poison. Of course he would lose to a set up sweeper who already has a boost, most Pokemon weak to attacks would. Lucario and Gyarados have no business switching into this thing in the first place, as Earthquake / Rock-move would destroy them, respectively.

In Trick Room, he has the obvious advantage of resisting Bullet Punch. Besides, he is likely to learn Rock Polish anyways. Rock Polish / Earthquake / Iron Head (or whatever) / Stone Edge could work.

I think Ice body Glaceon will be pretty good at least in the lower tiers. I have been using a specially bulky Wish + Protect Glaceon in NU (don't remember the rest of the moves, Roar/toxic and ice beam I think) and it was suprisingly hard to take down. Wish hail it would be even better as it would help with the SR weakness and while the opponents non-ice pokémon takes damage from hail every turn.

I think motordrive would be pretty good on Jolteon. I mean, sure Jolteon is fast enought but I assume he would be able to batton pass the speed boost (since it gives an accural speed boost unlike lets say unburden)?

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
yeah, a sun team can be pretty powerful (in ubers, where all it's useful pokemon are) but it does nothing but boost fire, and accuracy on fire blast. it needs a beef up
What? Where'd you hear that? I'm pretty sure it doesn't boost Fire Blast's accuracy. It does make SolarBeam a one-turn attack, halve Water damage, prevent any Pokémon from being frozen, lower Thunder's accuracy to 50%, and make Synthesis, Morning Sun, and Moonlight restore 2/3 of a Pokémon's HP. It also affects Pokémon with Chlorophyll and Solar Power and makes Weather Ball a Fire-type attack.

Pretty sure it doesn't boost Fire Blast's accuracy, though.

I don't remember who said it, but Drill Liner didn't affect a stat, it activated Doryuuzu's ability... somehow. I'm assuming it still has Sand Scatter and Sand Power, but it minimizes before the words finish so I can't tell which ability it was. Best I can guess is there was a sandstorm raging and Doryuuzu had Sand Power, and the ability pops up at an awkward time after hitting Deathkarn, saying it boosted Drill Liner's power. This would be weird but it wouldn't slow things down too much, it appeared to pop up as Deathkarn's HP was dropping (albeit it stopped dropping by the time the ability thing showed up...).

Betting Ground/Ghost for Deathkarn.

Weak to Water, Fighting, Ground, and Fire. Hmm, all of which Heatran is weak to (except Fire --> 4x Ground), yet he somehow manages to top OU. He doesn't have a single 4x weakness, which is great, and he resists Bug, Dark, Dragon, Flying, Ghost, Normal, Psychic, Rock, and Steel. He is also immune to Electric and Poison. Of course he would lose to a set up sweeper who already has a boost, most Pokemon weak to attacks would. Lucario and Gyarados have no business switching into this thing in the first place, as Earthquake / Rock-move would destroy them, respectively.

In Trick Room, he has the obvious advantage of resisting Bullet Punch. Besides, he is likely to learn Rock Polish anyways. Rock Polish / Earthquake / Iron Head (or whatever) / Stone Edge could work.
I like that set, and with Sand Power in SS that thing would rape.

What? Where'd you hear that? I'm pretty sure it doesn't boost Fire Blast's accuracy. It does make SolarBeam a one-turn attack, halve Water damage, prevent any Pokémon from being frozen, lower Thunder's accuracy to 50%, and make Synthesis, Morning Sun, and Moonlight restore 2/3 of a Pokémon's HP. It also affects Pokémon with Chlorophyll and Solar Power and makes Weather Ball a Fire-type attack.

Pretty sure it doesn't boost Fire Blast's accuracy, though.
ive got no idea where i heard that from, so it could be inaccurate info, since i dont play uber. but after all that, does it really matter. im thinking about 3000 diferent team combos for an uber sun team because of you...thank you ToT

I hope to dear god that rampardos gets sand scatter/throw. I heard sand scatter doubles speed somewhere... I don't know the exact numbers but it'd bring him up to 116 base speed, add a choice scarf on that and it's 135, so going by Jolteon that's around over 400 with a Jolly nature. Running around with 165 base attack at those speeds... my god, it'd be beautiful! Rampardos would finally have some competitive worth!

I would love a chlorophyll Leafeon; or I can see it with Herbivore. I like all weather conditions, so I'm ok, but I really hope they improve hail a wholeeeeee lot. Swift Swim ice version would be amazing.. and I personally don't mind all the water types, they are my favorite :D
Water types are my favorite as well so I like that they kick ass. But I've seen at least one very vocal complainer who doesn't like how "overpowered" the water type is.
@those thinking that Sandstorm is going to be overpowered, remember Rhyperior in pre-dp:

115/130/55 defenses (but his Sdef is boosted by sandstorm and he've got solid rock to help against SE hits) and 140 Base Attack. Add one of the best offensive combinations for STAB and 2 100BP Stab moves (Stone Edge and Earthquake) and BAM!, you have an ultimate uber.

He is at low OU now, isnt him?
This isn't about one pokemon though. This is about sandstorm in general. 3 types have immunity to it, those types are getting attack boost with a new ability and a speed boost with another in addition to the sp.def boost that rock already gets.

It feels a little uneven in comparison to the other weather types, moreso with hail and sun though.

Did anyone mentioned the fact that the green rock, plant monster, and Emoga sprites were fake? Ignoring the first two does my means Emoga is post-national dex?
I'm still not certain how it being in the demo would mean it was pre-national dex to begin with, since the demo's aren't the real game, and encounter rates are changed along with the Pokemon belonging to the opponents.

So what now? What's the argument for Emonga not being related to Pachirisu now, people?

I think Ice body Glaceon will be pretty good at least in the lower tiers. I have been using a specially bulky Wish + Protect Glaceon in NU (don't remember the rest of the moves, Roar/toxic and ice beam I think) and it was suprisingly hard to take down. Wish hail it would be even better as it would help with the SR weakness and while the opponents non-ice pokémon takes damage from hail every turn.
I think so too.
Glaceon's 65/110/95 defenses are pretty sturdy while it hits a whole lot harder than Walrein and will possibly have Wish.
Assuming egg moves are legal with Ice Body:
~Wish
~Protect
~Fake Tears/Toxic/Roar
~Blizzard
seems workable on a Hail stall team while being different from Walrein.

I don't think it's always understood that Glaceon doesn't die that easily.
At full health (and max HP/min Def Bold) Glaceon is surviving CB Scizor's BP and has a chance to KO back with Blizzard assuming Fake Tears on the switch and two turns of Hail damage and/or SR.
Not that I'd be recommending such a matchup but it speaks to the fact that Glaceon can sponge neutral attacks quite well and force switches esp. in lower tiers.
I can see where 12.5% passive recovery every turn would help it to do that more effectively.

I don't remember who said it, but Drill Liner didn't affect a stat, it activated Doryuuzu's ability... somehow. I'm assuming it still has Sand Scatter and Sand Power, but it minimizes before the words finish so I can't tell which ability it was. Best I can guess is there was a sandstorm raging and Doryuuzu had Sand Power, and the ability pops up at an awkward time after hitting Deathkarn, saying it boosted Drill Liner's power. This would be weird but it wouldn't slow things down too much, it appeared to pop up as Deathkarn's HP was dropping (albeit it stopped dropping by the time the ability thing showed up...).

Betting Ground/Ghost for Deathkarn.
I was the one who suggested Drill Liner boosted some stat since I could see the animation but couldn't read it.
Hmmm..so it will say that the attack was boosted by Sand Power every time Doryuuzu uses a Rock/Ground/Steel move?
Even though it probably won't add much delay I hope it only happens the first time after switching in.

On another note, Deathkarn is a pretty cool name for an ancient coffin. I'm guessing the english localization won't be quite as dark.
Ground/Ghost is neat as well; three immunities are always welcome. Levitate probably doesn't make sense but Solid Rock...

things look interesting so far. a couple of cool new quirks. I can see sand power and sand throw becoming a problem depending on how widespread they make it. looking forward to the new sturdy, my Golem lead is going to be sexier than ever now that it can have Lum with an auto sash. I'm still not sold on the Miracle Shooter. Things like Max Revive seem to ridiculous to me. I wonder if we'll test the brokenness of items now aswell?

I'm still not certain how it being in the demo would mean it was pre-national dex to begin with, since the demo's aren't the real game, and encounter rates are changed along with the Pokemon belonging to the opponents.

So what now? What's the argument for Emonga not being related to Pachirisu now, people?
Why would they include pokemon post-national in a demo for the game in the first place? It's like saying that munna was a drowsee prevo; you just don't know till the game's out.

I think so too.
Glaceon's 65/110/95 defenses are pretty sturdy while it hits a whole lot harder than Walrein and will possibly have Wish.
Assuming egg moves are legal with Ice Body:
~Wish
~Protect
~Fake Tears/Toxic/Roar
~Blizzard
seems workable on a Hail stall team while being different from Walrein.

I don't think it's always understood that Glaceon doesn't die that easily.
At full health (and max HP/min Def Bold) Glaceon is surviving CB Scizor's BP and has a chance to KO back with Blizzard assuming Fake Tears on the switch and two turns of Hail damage and/or SR.
Not that I'd be recommending such a matchup but it speaks to the fact that Glaceon can sponge neutral attacks quite well and force switches esp. in lower tiers.
I can see where 12.5% passive recovery every turn would help it to do that more effectively.
I think Toxic works better in this set, since it's stalling, not attacking. But that's my opinion, besides that it looks pretty reliabe ^-^

explain how the hell pachirisu gets wings again? i must've missed it.
Evolution?

Why would they include pokemon post-national in a demo for the game in the first place? It's like saying that munna was a drowsee prevo; you just don't know till the game's out.
Because they're going to market the hell out of it? Since it's not in the demo, it's a moot point, but Electivire got the shit revealed out of him long before the game came out, and it wasn't available until after the Elite Four, so presumably they have no qualms with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)