Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

it's 1 if the other two are still roaming.
Ok, but why does the guide mention an offest, then? Quote of guide below.

The order for regeneration is Entei -> Raikou -> Lati@s. If all 3 roamers have been released and KOd, then defeating Lance will respawn Entei with frame 1's spread, Raikou with frame 6's spread, and Lati@s with frame 11's spread. If Raikou has been caught and the other 2 have been KOd, then Entei will respawn with frame 1's stats and Lati@s will respawn with frame 6's stats. If Entei is still roaming and the other 2 have been KOd, then Raikou will (probably) respawn on frame 2 and Lati@s on frame 7. The extra offset on the last example is due to the fact that having Entei on the map will cause the frame to automatically advance by (at least) 1 when the game starts.
Edit: Doesn't this mean latias is on 3 if the other two roamers are present? Do I have that right? Can anyone confirm it?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok, but why does the guide mention an offest, then? Quote of guide below.

Edit: Doesn't this mean latias is on 3 if the other two roamers are present? Do I have that right? Can anyone confirm it?
yup its three I was just going by the actual monster frame not the adjustments made due to roamers. On the other hand, since roamer advancements in HG/SS aren't consistent and can vary from seed to seed you could even start on frame 4 (1 from latias and the other 3 from roamer advancements), but in the end just look at the seed your using and you'll know what frame you'll start on.

Thank you. I'm going to give the RNG a go now. With that much time involved between the RNG and checking the results, I didn't want to frig up the frames once I manage to hit the delay, which could take me minutes or hours. Thanks again.

Yeah...I disconnected my internet and then restarted my comp. All I had open was RNGreporter and Pikatimer. The exact same thing was happening. It seems like the Pikatimer just starts messing up after I add in the delay I get and then update. Because I am trying to hit 741 and I consistently land on 695, 697, 699 and 701. When I update the Pikatimer it then begins to mess up. Oh well. I just want to know if this will go away? Or should I uninstall it and then reinstall it?
Uninstalling it wouldn't do anything. The problem with 'updating' pikatimer is that it doesn't adjust both timers so updating by a delay of 40...which is quite a lot...could cause you to miss your second...but only by 1...

What do you use for your calibrated delay? 480? the reason I ask is that, maybe you should change it so you don't have to update regularly....I never touch that option.
I use 490...should I set it lower to match my being off by 40? Would that then be 490?
I quoted these strings of messages in the hopes that somone can answer the last question I asked. Since PikaTimer was on on the first RNG attempt I did, I just missed my delay by 42-48 each time I started over, and off on the rest...is there something I can change the calibrated delay to to fix the issue?

And if I am indeed off by almost exactly a second, e.g. one second over the delay time, then what do I need to change on PikaTimer to fix this?

You do not change pikatimer to fix a wrong second landing in the game. You change the minute you start the DS clock. Every minute on the DS changes the time you land in the game by 1 second. So adjust your DS clock up or down by the necessary minute(s) to land on the right second. As for the swinging delays, I haven't found anything to help fix it, so I just make do. I still have a lot of catches and bred pokes to show for it, so I recommend you get on with the RNG and be patient and persistent. Keep Pikatimer at a countdown that keeps you in the range and hope you land on your delay eventually.

Signum, Riski has guides in her thread that helped me a lot when I was learning. Read up on them a bit, I'm sure you'll get it in no time.
I've seen Riski's guide but it is not for HG SS (Egg one that is).
You do not change pikatimer to fix a wrong second landing in the game. You change the minute you start the DS clock. Every minute on the DS changes the time you land in the game by 1 second. So adjust your DS clock up or down by the necessary minute(s) to land on the right second. As for the swinging delays, I haven't found anything to help fix it, so I just make do. I still have a lot of catches and bred pokes to show for it, so I recommend you get on with the RNG and be patient and persistent. Keep Pikatimer at a countdown that keeps you in the range and hope you land on your delay eventually.
That's not entirely true... I was landing on the wrong second myself and I adjusted Pikatimer to compensate for that and eventually started hitting the proper second again and the right delay when I was RNG'ng the stationary Latias.

Maybe you could write us up a guide on how you compensate on Pikatimer. It's easier for me to adjust the minute of the DS, but if Pikatimer can be adjusted too, well, it would be nice if it was easy to understand how.

Edit: I do have a guide for egg IVs on Platinum. I just don't bother with the part on shininess or nature, because there's already adequate guides for that.

When RNGing roamers, having a Synchronizer doesn't matter, right? Does that mean you need a spread that you can get without a Synchronizer?

You change the minute you start the DS clock. Every minute on the DS changes the time you land in the game by 1 second. So adjust your DS clock up or down by the necessary minute(s) to land on the right second.
So, if I am a second over the delay time, do I set the clock a minute ahead or a minute behind to fix it?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
When RNGing roamers, having a Synchronizer doesn't matter, right? Does that mean you need a spread that you can get without a Synchronizer?
no a synchronizer won't work and all roamers are generated using method 1 so search for a method 1 spread.

Yes, you need the method 1 frame only.

So, if I am a second over the delay time, do I set the clock a minute ahead or a minute behind to fix it?
If you're one second too slow, you start one minute earlier. If you're one second too early, you start a minute later.

Ok...so I tried what you said Riski, I first went up a second before you mentioned I needed to go lower and sure enough I went up ANOTHER second on average. Then I tried going down a second. When I did this EVERY time I got crazy results or I got no results at all. So, I went back to the normal time without messing with the delay and I again got 697 on the right second when my delay is 741. So, if we assume that Pikatimer is working correctly, what do I do?

Every time I have updated the Pikatimer with 697 or 695 I end up getting crazy results again, but about a third of the time I am a second over.

Ok...so I tried what you said Riski, I first went up a second before you mentioned I needed to go lower and sure enough I went up ANOTHER second on average. Then I tried going down a second. When I did this EVERY time I got crazy results or I got no results at all. So, I went back to the normal time without messing with the delay and I again got 697 on the right second when my delay is 741. So, if we assume that Pikatimer is working correctly, what do I do?

Every time I have updated the Pikatimer with 697 or 695 I end up getting crazy results again, but about a third of the time I am a second over.
When you update pikatimer, are you at least hitting approx the right delay?

When you update pikatimer, are you at least hitting approx the right delay?
No, not at all. When I update the PikaTimer I then get results that are, about 1/2 to 2/3 the time 1 sec ahead and dead on the delay. When I change the DS clock to one minute before I get erratic results every time. Usually no results or 2 seconds ahead...

make sure your date is right first off then just keep going 1 minute behind and if you get a random result, dont record it. just if your within like 30 of your delay (and on the right second) then record it. and it also could be you missing your pikatimer beeps. im not even close to a pro or anything but just something to think about.

No, not at all. When I update the PikaTimer I then get results that are, about 1/2 to 2/3 the time 1 sec ahead and dead on the delay. When I change the DS clock to one minute before I get erratic results every time. Usually no results or 2 seconds ahead...
Dead on the delay meaning you're 'dead on' ie. hitting it? I'm very confused. I'm not asking if you are hitting your second, I know you are off. How about the delay?

make sure your date is right first off then just keep going 1 minute behind and if you get a random result, dont record it. just if your within like 30 of your delay (and on the right second) then record it. and it also could be you missing your pikatimer beeps. im not even close to a pro or anything but just something to think about.
My date is indeed right. And if I am missing the beeps it is by a very little amount...VERY little. Oh well. I will keep trying.

Dead on the delay meaning you're 'dead on' ie. hitting it? I'm very confused. I'm not asking if you are hitting your second, I know you are off. How about the delay?
Ok, here is a list of what I got AFTER I updated my Pika timer when I got a delay of 697:

739: 1 second over
771: exact
735: exact
737: exact
667: 6 second over
737: 1 second over
741: 1 second over
743: 1 second over

Okay since most of your seconds are 1 sec over and most of your delays are close except for a few sporadic ones try this.

'Update' your pikatimer. Now your delays are more accurate right but you're getting in to your game too late? Add one second to your calibrated time now. You're basically telling pikatimer, you're not giving enough time to get that initial delay. (EDITED: I was right the first time =.=')

Basically pikatimer works like this:

Second timer = calibrated second + (delay - calibrated delay)/60

and then the first timer is to help you start the clock from the first minute...

You increase your calibrated second so that your 2nd timer is pushed longer and thus you start your second timer earlier. However you are keeping the same delay.

I believe this is the reason why your seconds are off because pikatimer only adjusts the second timer in order to help you hit your delay. Its intentions are, if you're not hitting your delay at *suppose 50.00 seconds, maybe you can hit it at 50.78 seconds*. Technically this works, but because your delay is so off, it's causing you to hit it at 51.10 seconds. This was all theoretical, but you get the picture.

For this run you can do this updating, but for future breeds/catches I seriously recommend you to try recalibrating. Most people don't really have to, but maybe you should.

Youpods learning how to RNG! :D

Okay, so I am stuck with something... If Buneary moves when getting the egg... Does that mean that I am wrong with what I have done?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)