Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hi.. i am a new player for pokemon and pretty new in this forum also..

I have spent the past few days reading the wall of text, trying to figure out how to get a perfect IV egg, but i still cant figure out much and therefore here i am, wishing to ask few questions that may be responded..

Thanks in advance for whoever attempts to guide me.

First of all, i am playing HGSS..

May i ask, if i don have a pair of parents with good IV, will i still be able to get a flawless pokemon through breeding?

and what does the advancing of the frame do?

thanks

Soo I've been RNG abusing Oak's Charmander for the past few days. I hit my delay twice.
My target frame is 137. So to what frame number do I advance to then stop? The first try, I called upto 131 but then my Charmander that I got was on frame 136. The second time, I advanced upto frame 132, but my Charmander was on frame 138. >.> What am I doing wrong?

Can someone explain me how the spreadsheets provided by smogon work? How do you feed them to the RNG reporter? Explain in detail please.

Copy the seed in the appropriate field in RNGreporter and select the proper method according to what you are trying to RNG.

Copy the seed in the appropriate field in RNGreporter and select the proper method according to what you are trying to RNG.
Yes so I am on the main RNG reporter window, and I click "generate" after copying the seed I want in the Seed space. But the results I get do not match the ones in the spreadsheet.

I know I can respawn Entei, Raikou and Latias (HG) by re-beating Lance at the Pokemon League. I've got some questions.

1- I know that Entei's frame is 1 and Raikou's is 6. Which is Latias's frame? Is it 11?
2- Does the battle advance the frame?
3- If I capture Entei and kill Raikou and Latias are the frame of the killed ones 1 (Raikou) and 6 (Latias) when I respawn them?

Thanks for the answers.

Having more trouble.
On SS, I'm trying to RNG for shiny Moltres (as practice before I go for a shiny and IV'd Latias,) and I found a good low frame of 11 with Method K (seed 040D01F7.) Elm's responses were PPKPKPEKEE. I reached the correct delay, 493, with the correct 10 Elm responses, and then when I talked to it it wasn't shiny (10 Elm calls + Moltres = 11 frames.)
Anything I might be doing wrong?

Mmk, when breeding, if I want a shiny egg that also has the desired nature and ability, how would I go about plugging that in to RNG Reporter? The only option I see for shiny is the Shiny Only box, which isn't what I want.

Mmk, when breeding, if I want a shiny egg that also has the desired nature and ability, how would I go about plugging that in to RNG Reporter? The only option I see for shiny is the Shiny Only box, which isn't what I want.
You want to select the "Time Finder" option. Then click on the "shiny egg" tab and you will see all of those options there.

You want to select the "Time Finder" option. Then click on the "shiny egg" tab and you will see all of those options there.
Ohh, I guess that'd help xD Thank you very much

Edit: Does this mean that I will have to enter the game at the shown time with the requested delay, then put the parents in to the day care to get said egg with the desired ability, nature, and shininess?

Ok peoples!!

I am having a problem. I have hit my delay twice, stored my parent Pokemon twice and then rejected the first egg twice and accepted the second, because I had two frames. In both cases I didn't get the right nature or shiny for the horsea I am going for. Also, I did make sure I had the right date and time by the way.

What could be going on?

Another note, I know for sure I don't have international parents so I know that isn't the problem as well.

Edit: I did the whole process a third time and I have found that every time I get a male horsea with swift swim (what I wanted) but I then get a hasty nature and not shiny.
I did check the HGSS shiny egg box and I reverified my ID and SID numbers. the list generated also states that I am suppose to get Adamant so I am pretty sure my ducks are all in a row. What the heck is going on?

Edit #2: Alright, I got the shiny egg with Adamant nature this time. But this time I changed out my Jolly Ditto without an everstone with an Adamant one that did have an everstone.
My question is...When breeding with RNG is the female parent or Ditto suppose to be holding the Everstone for this to work?

Ohh, I guess that'd help xD Thank you very much

Edit: Does this mean that I will have to enter the game at the shown time with the requested delay, then put the parents in to the day care to get said egg with the desired ability, nature, and shininess?
Yes. You save right in front of the Daycare lady and then go for the delay you select. Once you know you have hit it you then store your parents into the daycare. Take note of the order you stored them as well as this will affect the IVs in the next stage. Then you ride your bike around until you get the egg. Once you do you save in front of the daycare man and then check to see if you did indeed get the shiny you wanted.

Yes. You save right in front of the Daycare lady and then go for the delay you select. Once you know you have hit it you then store your parents into the daycare. Take note of the order you stored them as well as this will affect the IVs in the next stage. Then you ride your bike around until you get the egg. Once you do you save in front of the daycare man and then check to see if you did indeed get the shiny you wanted.
Alright, thanks for the help.

I'm currently trying to RNG a shiny egg in Platinum, and want to make sure I understand everything correctly. So, I'm saved in front of the daycare lady. I set the time on my DS and pikatimer, enter the game (hopefully hitting my delay + Seconds) etc. Then, when in game, do I flip the coin 10 times to verify my seed? Because I have a frame of 6, so I was wondering where I'd end up after doing that? Or do I not flip the coin at all, and do journal flips to hit frame 6 somehow?

I'm currently trying to RNG a shiny egg in Platinum, and want to make sure I understand everything correctly. So, I'm saved in front of the daycare lady. I set the time on my DS and pikatimer, enter the game (hopefully hitting my delay + Seconds) etc. Then, when in game, do I flip the coin 10 times to verify my seed? Because I have a frame of 6, so I was wondering where I'd end up after doing that? Or do I not flip the coin at all, and do journal flips to hit frame 6 somehow?
Oh, I thought you were playing HGSS. I'm sorry. The information I gave you a little while ago may be wrong then. You should go to Riski's thread and read up on D/P/Pt breeding. Riski's thread and Bearfan092's links to the videos helped greatly for me.

Oh, I thought you were playing HGSS. I'm sorry. The information I gave you a little while ago may be wrong then. You should go to Riski's thread and read up on D/P/Pt breeding. Riski's thread and Bearfan092's links to the videos helped greatly for me.
I realized I was in the wrong tab, but I know what to do now ;x Thanks though :3

I am trying to breed a perfect rotom using the timefinder. Do you do the verifying flips before or after the normal flips?

@Plusle: Are you abusing for IVs right now? If so, then you need to do the page flips to advance your frame, collect the egg, then use the coin flips to see if they match your target. If so then hatch your egg and see if you got your target.

If you're working on getting the nature/shininess, then you will do the coin flips, switch to the happiness taps, then go back to the coin flip for the ones you need to do.

Soo I've been RNG abusing Oak's Charmander for the past few days. I hit my delay twice.
My target frame is 137. So to what frame number do I advance to then stop? The first try, I called upto 131 but then my Charmander that I got was on frame 136. The second time, I advanced upto frame 132, but my Charmander was on frame 138. >.> What am I doing wrong?
Hi, this might seem like a weird question, but did you happen to RNG your Soul Dew Latios/Latias before your Oak's Charmander RNG? I'm researching RNG problems that may be related and your answer would be helpful. Sorry I can't help you with the frame problem.

Edit: Nevermind. Further research has eliminated the the stone as a factor.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I know I can respawn Entei, Raikou and Latias (HG) by re-beating Lance at the Pokemon League. I've got some questions.

1- I know that Entei's frame is 1 and Raikou's is 6. Which is Latias's frame? Is it 11?
2- Does the battle advance the frame?
3- If I capture Entei and kill Raikou and Latias are the frame of the killed ones 1 (Raikou) and 6 (Latias) when I respawn them?

Thanks for the answers.
1- Yes it is 11
2-it does but i goes back to where it was before the battle at the end of it, so simpy don;t worry about that when your RNGing at the Elite Four.
3- Yes

Ok peoples!!

I am having a problem. I have hit my delay twice, stored my parent Pokemon twice and then rejected the first egg twice and accepted the second, because I had two frames. In both cases I didn't get the right nature or shiny for the horsea I am going for. Also, I did make sure I had the right date and time by the way.

What could be going on?

Another note, I know for sure I don't have international parents so I know that isn't the problem as well.

Edit: I did the whole process a third time and I have found that every time I get a male horsea with swift swim (what I wanted) but I then get a hasty nature and not shiny.
I did check the HGSS shiny egg box and I reverified my ID and SID numbers. the list generated also states that I am suppose to get Adamant so I am pretty sure my ducks are all in a row. What the heck is going on?

Edit #2: Alright, I got the shiny egg with Adamant nature this time. But this time I changed out my Jolly Ditto without an everstone with an Adamant one that did have an everstone.
My question is...When breeding with RNG is the female parent or Ditto suppose to be holding the Everstone for this to work?
I would really appreciate someone helping me understand this.

Having more trouble.
On SS, I'm trying to RNG for shiny Moltres (as practice before I go for a shiny and IV'd Latias,) and I found a good low frame of 11 with Method K (seed 040D01F7.) Elm's responses were PPKPKPEKEE. I reached the correct delay, 493, with the correct 10 Elm responses, and then when I talked to it it wasn't shiny (10 Elm calls + Moltres = 11 frames.)
Anything I might be doing wrong?
Same here. If anybody experienced in HGSS RNG abuse could list some common mistakes, that's probably all I need.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Same here. If anybody experienced in HGSS RNG abuse could list some common mistakes, that's probably all I need.
it would help if you caught it and noted the IVs/Nature, from there we could see by how much you missed and suggest what to do or what went wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)