Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I did not know you received the first-stage of the starter, or else there would be more possibilites. For example, Torterra could have gotten Solid Rock but it wouldn't make sense on Turtwig. :(
Waaaaait. We're going to get Gloriousaur/Charmander/Squirtle? But wouldn't they revert back to Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent upon evolving?

Looks like Serebii's guess was spot-on, then. Either those new abilities are "Dream World-exclusive" merely because the pokémon themselves aren't native of Isshu and are actually gotten normally as secondary abilities upon breeding/catching after E4 in-game, or they can be now passed on by breeding somehow (how cool would that be???).

OK I agree with you on lowering the BP of Draco Meteor and Outrage, but why Close Combat? Earthquake has 100 BP, with absolutely no side effects. Ground is resisted by Bug, Flying, Grass, and Levitate. Fighting is resisted by Bug, Flying, Ghost, Poison, and Psychic. The lowering of both defenses is why Close Combat has the extra 20 BP.

What would make Swift Swim Blastoise remotely decent? There are already a ton of Swift Swimmers, and Blastoise doesn't have much attacking power.
Because every other Fighting move has some (relevant) issue to deal with, with it being either a shitty side effect (Superpower, Focus Punch), low BP (Brick Break), relatively low Accuracy (Cross Chop, Dynamicpunch) or restricted distribution (Vacuum Wave, Aura Sphere). Close Combat is the ONLY move with no issues whatsoever; yes, you may say "but it reduces the user's defenses!", but like Mekkah said a long, long time ago, "why bother with having your defenses lowered when you're killing everything anyway". What's the reason to work on having every single Fighting move "balanced" from RBY to ADV only to shit on it upon DPPt's release? The same happened with Outrage, but the difference is that the Dragon-type was boosted as a whole (all dragons get Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, Outrage and Draco Meteor. Lol ridiculous) and that well fuck Dragon IS a naturally broken type since RBY, at least flavor-wise. Fighting-type always was the "really good but balanced" offensive type and yet oh joy Close Combat.

Do you see what I mean here? Close Combat is exaggerated, just like Outrage and Draco Meteor. All three of them should be nerfed -and even then would still be used, they would just not be as much ridiculous.

PS.: Solar Power Venusaur up in this bitch.

venusaur - poison heal would be pretty tight - would probably be enough to bring him to OU. If not how about we invent something like say this - Verdant Bloom - All health gained is doubled. (leftovers, gigadrain, synthesis, etc)
blastoise - drizzle. choice scarf / water spout/drizzle. would make him OU.
Charizard - hmm lets invent something here. Dragon Wings- Changes the pokemon's secondary type to Dragon. Pokemon is immune to ground attacks. enough to bring him to ou as well.
Chances of happening: 0%

I think it will end up with Charizard getting Intimidate, Venusaur gets Solar Power, and Blastoise Shell Armor. Oh, and Sandslash is going to get Sand Throw or Sand Power, though either would put him in UU at best.

I think it will end up with Charizard getting Intimidate, Venusaur gets Solar Power, and Blastoise Shell Armor. Oh, and Sandslash is going to get Sand Throw or Sand Power, though either would put him in UU at best.
neato, if that happened i would stab someone

The difference is Sandstorm itself does not boost the power of Rock-attacks. Sand Throw will boost your Speed, but then you aren't as powerful as a Swift Swimmer would be. Sand Power will boost the power of your Rock-, Ground-, and Steel-type attacks, but you won't be as fast as a Swift Swimmer would be. There is a distinct difference. Overall, I think they've done a nice job balancing the two weathers themselves, but I do not think Tyranitar or Hippowdon are ban worthy.
You're right that Sandstorm on paper isn't as beneficial as Rain or Sun, but the sweepers that get Sand Power and Sand Throw might be strong enough to make auto-sand broken.

No, I'm saying that TTar and Hippowdon would be broken because of auto-sandstorm setting up for Pokemon with that ability.

but then a sandstorm team is destined to take either OU or UU by storm anyways, i mean aerodactyl, dugtrio, and azelf can already set it up at the speed of light, not to mention they all have stealth rock.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. THUMBS UP! Oh wait, this isn't youtube...

Because every other Fighting move has some (relevant) issue to deal with, with it being either a shitty side effect (Superpower, Focus Punch), low BP (Brick Break), relatively low Accuracy (Cross Chop, Dynamicpunch) or restricted distribution (Vacuum Wave, Aura Sphere). Close Combat is the ONLY move with no issues whatsoever; yes, you may say "but it reduces the user's defenses!", but like Mekkah said a long, long time ago, "why bother with having your defenses lowered when you're killing everything anyway". What's the reason to work on having every single Fighting move "balanced" from RBY to ADV only to shit on it upon DPPt's release? The same happened with Outrage, but the difference is that the Dragon-type was boosted as a whole (all dragons get Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, Outrage and Draco Meteor. Lol ridiculous) and that well fuck Dragon IS a naturally broken type since RBY, at least flavor-wise. Fighting-type always was the "really good but balanced" offensive type and yet oh joy Close Combat.

Do you see what I mean here? Close Combat is exaggerated, just like Outrage and Draco Meteor. All three of them should be nerfed -and even then would still be used, they would just not be as much ridiculous.
I guess you're right, 100 BP would probably be the best. I don't see Draco Meteor receiving a damage drop any time soon, because it is a clone of Overheat. Outrage isn't really the frightening prospect; it's the versatility that any Dragon-type can have BOTH that scares me.

I guess you're right, 100 BP would probably be the best. I don't see Draco Meteor receiving a damage drop any time soon, because it is a clone of Overheat. Outrage isn't really the frightening prospect; it's the versatility that any Dragon-type can have BOTH that scares me.
It's funny, cause before Gen4 Dragon's had no good STAB Dragon attacks (Except Dragon Claw, and then that wasn't even seen a lot).

dragonite must feel like gamefreak really hates him
He got ExtremeSpeed back. Now, he needs Thick Fat 8D

It would still be owned by SR. But I do agree. More pokemon need weather starting abilities. OU pokemon with drizzle would be great.
true, how about making SR be absorbed by ground types when they enter the field?( you know rocks do sink in sand...if that helps but meh)

It's funny, cause before Gen4 Dragon's had no good STAB Dragon attacks (Except Dragon Claw, and then that wasn't even seen a lot).

He got ExtremeSpeed back. Now, he needs Thick Fat 8D
thick fat dragonite would beast

true, how about making SR be absorbed by ground types when they enter the field?( you know rocks do sink in sand...if that helps but meh)
the only problem is that stealth rocks float

Huh, I came here to type 'wouldn't it be cool if the starters got new abilities from the dream world?' , then I decided to check pokebeach first.

I hope all the starters get alternate abilities, and it would be stupid if the abilities didn't stay through evolution. I doubt that they will be breedable though. Blastoise will probably get the stupid Shell Armor ability; I think Venusaur will/should get Solar Power; I don't know about Charizard, I guess Intimidate would make sense, but I'm thinking probably Flame Body or something, but Intimidate would be better (Gyarados gets it, and both are dragon-like Gen I non-Dragon type Pokemon, so it makes sense to me).

Does anyone think that Isshu Pokemon will get new abilities in Dream World, or if they will even be in Dream World? And when will Dream World be first available (post-NatDex or Pre-NatDex)?

they need to introduce a new type that resists dragon or add a resist to an existing type because it is indeed very storng. However, if they just return outrage back to 90 BP, none of that would need to be done.

they need to introduce a new type that resists dragon or add a resist to an existing type because it is indeed very storng. However, if they just return outrage back to 90 BP, none of that would need to be done.
I don't think they will though. It is constantly stressed ingame that Dragon is supposed to be some incredibly powerful type with the only downside being that Dragon type Pokemon are difficult to raise (which is true ingame).

I hope all the starters get alternate abilities, and it would be stupid if the abilities didn't stay through evolution. I doubt that they will be breedable though. Blastoise will probably get the stupid Shell Armor ability; I think Venusaur will/should get Solar Power; I don't know about Charizard, I guess Intimidate would make sense, but I'm thinking probably Flame Body or something, but Intimidate would be better (Gyarados gets it, and both are dragon-like Gen I non-Dragon type Pokemon, so it makes sense to me).

Does anyone think that Isshu Pokemon will get new abilities in Dream World, or if they will even be in Dream World? And when will Dream World be first available (post-NatDex or Pre-NatDex)?
I'm thinking there will be no Isshu pokemon in the Dream World. The Dream World is probably just going to be to catch Pokemon not available in Isshu, and of course give them special abilities. If they want to give a new Pokemon an ability, just give it to them now lol.

I wonder how it works though? Are there certain Pokemon that are set to appear? is it like the PokeWalker with different areas and that A, B, C thing? Does the Pokemon going into the Dream World affect the Pokemon & items found? The Kanto starters are said to be password giveaways... I wonder if they will do all the starters like that?

A new type would be cool, but what obsessed said is true, and I can't really think of anything else they could add without it being very similar to a current one.

I don't see your guys' reasoning behind this. Sure, Outrage is very powerful, but it's very easy to counter, since they get locked on in the move. I don't think they should adjust it at all, I have no problems with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)