Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A scary thought just occurred to me about 3v3 battles. . . Flower Gift + 2 Helping Hands = a boost of 337.5%. Groudon's getting ready for a giant douche-parade at the VGC's.
Except your Cherrim is also hitting the gutter with that, lol.

On that note, I'm curious about that new move, Telekinesis. It was supposed to make a Pokémon float, no?

No, it really does make a difference getting both boosts.
Agreed, I just went over this, Base Power > Base Attack Stat. Kingdra's Hydro Pump in the Rain hits about 20% harder than Rampardos' Stone Edge. Rain will likely always be the most offensive weather option. Sandstorm will be for bulky attackers, and Hail for stalling. Sun is kind of just out there, not that I care, because I really don't like Chlorophyll Pokemon or Fire-types.

Ok Registeel needs a steel type recovery move. How about a move called Refine?
I don't see why they can't just give Registeel Recover rather than make a whole new move just for his type, but I still do like the idea of a Steel-Type recovery move. You still get points for creativity on that one.

iruchii said:
On that note, I'm curious about that new move, Telekinesis. It was supposed to make a Pokémon float, no?
Si, they just haven't revealed what advantage forcing an opponent to levitate actually gives you. Maybe in the next gen Levitate will have a drawback like Electric vulnerability or a few moves that hit harder on a Levitator. Then again, it could just be a single-target move that supposed to be used in double battles. I just don't know why it would allow enemies to be targeted in that case.

i second that one. that would definatly boost his usage. recovery+magnet rise+heatproof = damn
Recovery/Magnet Rise/A/B

so many options to try and cram into those last 2 slots. Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave, Iron Head, Earthquake, Explosion, Toxic, Seismic Toss, Ice Punch... x_x

Maybe:
Recovery
Stealth Rock / Magnet Rise
Ice Punch
Earthquake / Magnet Rise

I think it's like Worry Seed, with Insomnia changing for Levitate.
The major difference is, Worry Seed gives them an ability with a negative effect: Insomnia pokes can't use Rest. We have yet to see a single drawback on Levitate. Although Telekinesis does become more useful if the ability is replaced with Levitate rather than Levitate becoming more of a secondary (although beneficial) status effect.

Like, against a poke that you wouldn't be hitting with EQ anyway, but is making good use of their ability. For example, Tangrowth on one of these frequently-mentioned Sun Teams. Take away his chlorophyll and send his ass into the air. You're probably not EQ'ing a grass type anyway. I'd say Worry Seed is still the superior option here due to Sleep Clause.

maybe pokes w/ levitate have a high chance to be hit electricity in BW. so in that case, send floatzel flying, and fuck em sideways w/ thunder.

Ok Registeel needs a steel type recovery move. How about a move called Refine?
Only if Regirock and Regice get variants of it as well. Poor Regice never gets the love it deserves.

Also, I'm somewhat against it, as RegiSteel is hard enough to kill already in UU without it resorting to something silly like Rest. Now, if it gets Recover, and is paired with a Cleric, good luck breaking it. :/

Only if Regirock and Regice get variants of it as well. Poor Regice never gets the love it deserves.

Also, I'm somewhat against it, as RegiSteel is hard enough to kill already in UU without it resorting to something silly like Rest. Now, if it gets Recover, and is paired with a Cleric, good luck breaking it. :/
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if a solid recovery move would result in Registeel being bumped up to BL.

I think it's like Worry Seed, with Insomnia changing for Levitate.
Except Insomnia is fairly niche ability, especially with sleep clause and you've already slept a poke on their team... And, on walls like Suicune who depend on Rest they are totally screwed up by it. Levitate will help them more than harm them.

You see, that's the thing that will keep Sand from being banned. The Pokemon need an ability to boost their Rock, Ground, or Steel attacks OR an ability that doubles their speed. Water types with Swift Swim get double speed AND naturally have their STAB attacks boosted... At the same time. Pokemon that benefit from Sand only get to pick one.
Not true. rock types gain a boost to special defense. Gaining a boost to Speed or Attack ON TOP OF special defense that they already receive does more for Rock types would more than equal the power of rain.

Also, only Drizzle is over centralizing. Sunny Day sucks, the only Pokemon with abilities that enhance it are grass, who hate fire attacks. Sunny Day also lacks any sweeper comparable to the majority of the Swift Swimmers. No Sunny Day booster pokemon is anywhere near as powerful as Kingdra. An instant Sunny Day is no real problem.

Sunny Day centers more about "crippling sweep and synergy". It's not overly powerful, but the ones that can abuse it loves to throw status around and to have some level of synergy

Let's say Sunny Day is about crippling enemies while outspeeding them while providing you with some power (normally the power comes from the fire types while the crippling shit comes from the grasses).

It's the balanced weather.
Balanced things sometimes sucks in Pokemon though. Look at Golduck or Nidoking: Balanced (stats i mean) is their middle name...

An instant Sunny Day is no real problem.
i agree that insta-rain is worse than insta-sun, but where as rain is only for water types, sun provides for both grass and fire, causing them to cover one anothers weaknesses, and it could be troublesome to fight a grass/fire team in sun.

I'm starting to get worried about the weather love. I use Sunny Day teams a lot but I don't want them to be popular...and the other weathers. It'd be hard to get your own weather up and there would be so many rain vs sun matches etc

Not true. rock types gain a boost to special defense. Gaining a boost to Speed or Attack ON TOP OF special defense that they already receive does more for Rock types would more than equal the power of rain.

Also, only Drizzle is over centralizing. Sunny Day sucks, the only Pokemon with abilities that enhance it are grass, who hate fire attacks. Sunny Day also lacks any sweeper comparable to the majority of the Swift Swimmers. No Sunny Day booster pokemon is anywhere near as powerful as Kingdra. An instant Sunny Day is no real problem.
Attacking > Defending. I thought that's what Gen IV taught everybody? Shit, even Blissey has a hard time with special attackers. Defensive boosts (ie Sandstorm Special Defense boost for Rock-types) are inferior to boosts to individual attacks or attacking stats (ie Rain Dance for Water-types). Would I rather have Defense boost + Speed/Attack boost or Speed boost + Attack boost? Yeah, I'll take the latter 10/10 times. The saving grace is Sandstorm does damage.

Speaking of weather, I truly feel Hail needs to boost something else. Offensively, I don't think there should be abilities that boost Ice moves in Hail because that's essentially what Hail does in the first place (makes Blizzard viable, which is more powerful than Ice Beam). That's why I think (as some others have mentioned) a physical Defense boost would be proper. Along with giving the Ice-type a resistance to Dragon, I think it would go a long way in making the type better.

A weather-focused metagame would get really stale, though even at the current time I think we need more Cloud Nine users (in OU if you are without a weather-inducer, Snorlax, or Blissey, you basically lose to Rain teams).

As has been said repeatedly in this thread, Sunny Day was tested along with Rain Dance. Both proved overpowering to the DPP metagame. This was the test, I believe, in the event you're interested in reading up.

Grass's weakness to Fire doesn't matter much when they can overspeed and hit it with various super effective attacks (Ancient Power/Earthquake/Hidden Power), plus the always viable Sleep Powder for anything too troublesome. Even the slowest viable Sunny Day sweeper (Tangrowth) has 100 base speed in the sun. Additionally, any fire attacks thrown at Suny Day Grass sweepers can be eaten up by Flash Fire Pokemon, who are already boosted by the sun.

It's not nearly as effective a strategy as Rain Dance, but it has it's uses. It's mostly limited by the fact that Water is one of the best types offensively and defensively in the game, and Rain gives STAB+WEATHER+DOUBLE SPEED whereas Sun has to deal with two lesser types and only getting two out of those three.

And what has to be understood is that the weather itself isn't broken (as it stands now), but merely the ability to cause the weather instantly upon switch in, especially since the abilities have no time restriction other than actively changing the weather. Which is why the moves themselves, Rain Dance and Sunny Day, are still fine.

Originally posted by Kitsunine And what has to be understood is that the weather itself isn't broken (as it stands now), but merely the ability to cause the weather instantly upon switch in, especially since the abilities have no time restriction other than actively changing the weather. Which is why the moves themselves, Rain Dance and Sunny Day, are still fine.
Aug 14th, 2010 6:01:32 PM
Especially since Groudon and Kyogre, the only ones who can do it, are already pretty broken themselves. This just makes them even more daunting to face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)