World Championships Thread - BLUECOOKIES WORLD CHUMP

Status
Not open for further replies.
CONGRATS BLUECOOKIES!
just walked in the door from a con to find that JAPAN IS DEFEAT

ballin', bro

YOU ACCIDENTALLY 1ST PLACE

First American to win? Nice, congrats.

Now hopefully the VGC will invite Australia to compete next year and we'll give you all a run for your money :p

Skarmbliss won. XD

Well done BlueCookies, nice to see a different country winning worlds. Enjoy your prizes and that uber trophy they give you. :D

Congratulations BlueCookies! I checked the thread whenever I could to check for updates, so thanks to all of those who kept us updated. Great job!

To save time and money in making a HG/SS compatible version of PBR, they just teach the MC some PBR lines. Smart business there :P !

Congratulations on your win BlueCookies!

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I've been getting alot of questions about the team I used at Worlds and how it worked so here is a quick rundown of what it was:

Groudon
~Brave, 0Speed
252HP/252Atk/6Def
*Earthquake
*Rock Slide
*Protect
*Swords Dance

Jumpluff
~Jolly
252HP/252Speed/6SpDef
*Sleep Powder
*Protect
*Bounce
*Encore

Dialga
~Quiet
252HP/252SpAtk
*Dragon Pulse
*Trick Room
*Protect
*Flamethrower

Abomasnow
~Quiet
252Spatk/252HP
*Blizzard
*HP Fire
*Protect
*Grass Knot

Mewtwo
~Sassy
252HP/236Spdef
*Trick Room
*Selfdestruct
*Blizzard
*Protect

Parasect
~Brave
252HP/252Atk
*Spore
*Seed Bomb
*Protect
*X-Scissor

Items/Pokemon that use said item:
Iron Ball - Groudon, Mewtwo, Abomasnow
Life Orb - Dialga, Abomasnow, Parasect
Focus Sash - Jumpluff, Parasect
Sitrus Berry - Dialga, Abomasnow
Yache Berry - Jumpluff, Parasect

This team may look weird to you, but it's something that andrea and I have been playing around with for months. Groudon/Jumpluff is a typical lead, distrupting the opponenet with sleep powder and encore. The constant threat of disruption makes people double target Jumpluff and allows me to set up Swords Dance. I try to preserve Groudon until Jumpluff dies so Dialga can come in and Trick Room. From there, I play it by ear and play around with a slow Groudon and Dialga. The last Pokemon for this team can either be Abomasnow or Parasect. Abomasnow works obvious in Trick Room, but Parasect is what makes this mode shine. Jumpluff wastes opposing Lums/Chestos so that Parasect can Spore without worry. Dialga/Parasect is amazing pair and I will get into that more when I post my warstory.

The second mode of this team is what catches people off guard. I run a slow, 0 speed Iron Ball Mewtwo to set up a Trick Room. It's paired with Abomasnow to fake an Abomatwo lead. Blizzard is there in case I want to attack. I never used it once. Mewtwo is EV'ed to take Spouts and Specs Dracos and Trick Room after. Once it's done, it booms and lets either dialga or parasect have all the fun.

I played with maybe 12 different combinations of Pokemon/Items this weekend, each with it's advantages and disadvantages. Life Orb Parasect was definitely my MVP.

I'll do a more indepth analysis when I'm not tired as balls.

I've just been looking through Lorak's pictures and look what I found! I found a picture where mattjFTW was posing!

YEAH SKAAAAAARMBLISS WON! ALL HAIL THE COOKIES OF BLUE! Best weekend ever? It was my pleasure to meet so many awesome people. :)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
EMERGENCY PIZZA TAXI CHEF.

Team Mike here -- Congrats Ray. :) Skarmbliss == Smogon so it is irregardless. Either way the best fact is that North America won this year. :D

p.s. this is skarm

Well done, bluecookies, as well as everyone else who competed in this year's VGC, including Huy, Metabou, and DeagleBeagle, who I'm sure gave a valiant effort.

Also wanted to say to Huy that is a very interesting team; Trick Room Dialga + Groudon seems logical enough, but the way you handled the rest of the team was especially creative! I would be very interested to see what bluecookies' winning team looked like as well, unless that is some sort of classified information now that it is indeed a winning team.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, North America.
idk my bff usa

PS: Japanese players who can read / type in English should most on Smogon more so we can get a worldwide community going =) If you're reading this, post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)