Orugos's art thread- pretty hiatus-y for now sorry!

Oh my god, I think you're my favorite artist on Smogon at the moment...

I'm requesting a Togekiss... I think it would really look amazing in your style.
The background - a sunset behind a city would be amazing ;3

muffinhead

b202 wifi vgc
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
AHMAHGAHD you are soooooo good!! I wish I could be half the artist you are. I like that little smiley face too :>
um. I know you probably have 84840509281 requests but if you draw a super cute corphish or something cute of your choice I will love you forever. Your art is ridiculously good (especially when you draw cute pokes).
Teehee. Kaybye :D

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
aaaaaaaah orugos you finished the groudon/flareon/steelix! man, I really really like how it came out. I really love how smooth all the colors and lines are, and how fluffy flareon looks! I just thought of a request that I would love to see interpreted in your style;

basically just a fuggin' cute surskit? they hardly get any love, but i love them oooh so much~

please and thanks! :)

haha qq I cant hide my gender around cute things

anyway, shiny breloom is up, and god I love its palette so much. I really wanted to paint something up, so I wanted to do a s!breloom in the woods during autumn. I was thinking about when I was a kid and played pokemon snap and hey you, pikachu a lot... and I loved the river level in snap with the poliwags, and the autumn-y area in hyp with bulbasaur where you cook.

I'll post progress shots of how this goes again since it was really fun to look back after dusknoir :>

I started refining stuff before I took the second cap, oops

I used some brushes from leventep on DA for the foliage, though I kind of hate it atm... I dunno what Im going to do with it right now :c

Breloom has the tiniest arms, I just can't understand how it punches..

seriously though, your art is amazing! the slowpoke you drew like.. pages ago was soooo cute, I just wanted to hug it. you're one of my favorite smogon artists. (:

keep up the good work!

edit: tried some motion effects, but it looked pretty tacky. oh well

Dodrio>anything I can find by ovopack.
Not to say he/she isn't beyond amazing,
But that is....... wow. :D :D
I loove how you did the feathers and the body..
Makes me ashamed to own a tablet.
:DD

Edit:
Mind sharing a tip on how you made the feathers?

horndrill: what kind of project? O:

djgopher: do you mean the feathers on the body? I um
its kind of hard to explain
I'm a really huge fan of ayami kojima and I think I (heavily) adapted my way of painting feathers from how she does hers.

ayami kojima: http://gallery.aethereality.net/list/artist/38/
examples of her feathers: http://gallery.aethereality.net/download.php?id=4277
http://gallery.aethereality.net/download.php?id=4293

see how instead of painting each barb, she kind of paints in the shadow of the feathers? imo they look much more wispy and soft this way.

How I did it with dodrio is kind of like this, I paint in a whole area of shadow, like the body, and then I add dark silhouettes (in the form of lines, kinda) of some individual feathers.

unless you meant tail feathers.

<<<< Oh my, you don't mind do you?
EDIT: Would you be able to take a request for a picture with riolu cute and everything :3?

its a joint project to make nine members of a pokemon baseball team...

The Canalave City Berries!

Fatecrashers is working on a sableye pitcher and iv asked scepticallistic to work on mr. mime the catcher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)