Another OU Team! :O

I have moderate success with this team, but I feel it still needs a lot of improvement. I have had difficulty pinpointing exactly where my problems are so I decided to come here for help. Sorry for the lack of pictures, as I am not intelligent enough to add them. XP

Swampert@leftovers
240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD
Relaxed
StealthRock
Earthquake
IceBeam
Roar

Swampert is a fairly useful lead who generally manages to get stealth rock out. I usually have to switch right away against roserade though. users of taunt sometimes give me trouble also, but swampert is a useful electric immunity and is helpful in defeating heatran (when it doesnt have HP grass or is choiced onto a different move)

Gyarados@leftovers
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant
DragonDance
Waterfall
Earthquake
StoneEdge

Gyarados is the star of this team. I often find opportunities to bring him in, get up one or two dragon dances and sweep. i opted for adamant over jolly because once i have dragon danced a few times it outspeeds everything anyway, and the extra power is always useful. Gyarados is also my main Heatran counter. and without him i often lose to heatran.

Jolteon@choicespecs
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid
ThunderBolt
HPGrass
ShadowBall
HyperBeam

Jolteon is my switch in to most electric types and water types. He is also my only real counter to gyarados. without him my team can be swept by a gyarados. Hyperbeam is gimmicky and i don't use it often, but i found that i was never using baton pass so i have been trying out various moves.

Skarmory@shedshell
252 HP / 64 Atk / 176 Def / 16 Spe
Impish KeenEye
BraveBird
Roost
Spikes
Whirlwind

I actually find that skarmory isn't all that usefull on this team. I usually only have him in for one turn then i have to switch. he can be useful sometimes though and if i can get up a few layers of spikes it can be very useful to just spam whirlwind.

Blissey@leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold NaturalCure
Wish
Protect
Flamethrower
Toxic

Blissey is capable of defeating all special sweepers except heatran. i find swampert and gyarados also really like wish support. flamethrower is to hit everyone who can't be toxiced. Blissey is a fairly useful part of my team. although i dont find toxic as useful as i would have hoped.

Infernape@LifeOrb
252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive
CloseCombat
FireBlast
GrassKnot
StoneEdge

Infernape is a very potent wallbreaker. I often find myself getting at least 2 kills with it before it goes down. Grass Knot often fails to KO however and i find it not as useful as just switching to someone else, however Infernape is still very powerfull on this team.

Overall this team has been fairly effective and I have been using it for some time now. However it is weak to Gyarados and Heatran. It could also use Rapid Spin Support but I am not sure where to fit that in.

I'd replace your Infernape with a NP Mixape version. Great Wall Breaker, and you'll find Grass Knot to be much more powerful. I'd also replace Skarmory with Heatran to absorb Will-o-Wisp and Toxic that might put an early end to your Gyarados sweep. Over Blissey, maybe put Forretress. He can set up Spikes, which will help Gyarados as well, and also spin away those Rocks Gyarados hates so much. Also, I'd change Jolteon to the Fake Tears set to help it take down bulky waters that plague this team. Good luck with the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)