The 2010-11 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i handled myself well this week.. im in a league with my gfs mom and her father too.. and her parents [which are hardcore football fans as well, followers of epl, so not rookies] used their wildcards today after they realized only Drogba can give them points.

im feeling confident going into the next weeks.

i love when people use their wildcards.. and only pick the players that had a good first few games. ITS A LONG SEASON.

my only regret so far is getting rid of Carroll before the season started.. knowing he would be the only way Newcastle would win games. He does it all for that team.

Braga beats Sevilla in their own soil 4-3, they go on to the Champions with 5-3 aggregate.

Wow. I'm portuguese, and even I didn't think they were going to get trough after they got Celtic and Sevilla, the toughest ones possible for them in each round. Congratulations to them.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
my only regret so far is getting rid of Carroll before the season started.. knowing he would be the only way Newcastle would win games. He does it all for that team.
Bullshit. He was 'only' joint top club scorer last season alongside Kevin Nolan both of whom scored 17. That's a rather modest total for a striker, even moreso in the Championship where there are a lot more games (46 vs 38 in the Prem).

Going into the match with Villa it was all 'Carrol isn't Premiership quality, he doesn't score enough goals yadda yadda yadda,' he puts in a fantastic performance and now we're a one-man team. ?_?

I obviously love him as much as the next Geordie but we have quite a few players who are just as, if not more important to the team (Enrique for example, who won player of the season last year by a landslide, or Nolan who scores just as many goals as Carrol from midfield).

If Carrol keeps playing like he did vs Villa then I'll happily eat my words but comments like that are totally unfair at this point.

Also, 3-2. yay. wouldn't have minded going out tbh as the League Cup is just a pointless distraction (yeah Man Utd, face it...you won shit last year) and I'd rather we focused on the League but heck, why not.

Ajax is in the CL! 2-1 win. 1-0 Suárez, 2-0 El Hamdaoui, 2-1 Shevchenko (penalty).

After the penalty I was afraid it would become 2-2 but Man Of The Match was Ajax- and Dutch national team goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg.

BREAKING NEWS!

Poules for CL are clear.

A: Inter, Werder Bremen, Tottenham Hotspur, FC Twente.
B: Olympique Lyon, Benfica, Schalke'04, Hapoel Tel Aviv.
C: Manchester United, Valencia CF, Rangers FC, Bursaspor.
D: Barcelona, Panathinaikos, FC Kopenhagen, Rubin Kazan.
E: Bayern München, As Roma, FC Basel, CFR Cluj.
F: Chelsea, Olympique Marseille, Spartak Moskou, Zilina.
G: AC Milan, Real Madrid, AFC Ajax, AJ Auxerre.
H: Arsenal, Shakhtar Donetsk, SC Braga, Partizan Belgrado.

Awfully hard, but beautiful poule for Ajax (poule G). Ajax and Auxerre will fight for place #3. Real #1, Milan #2.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Easy group for bayern :D
second place should be sure, but I think we'll go first
Schalke should become second in their group and Bremen got a bit unlucky

fairly easy group for arsenal, should get first place
too bad for spurs though looks like they're gonna have their work cut out

Though group for Benfica, but very balanced, between it, Schalke and Lyon anyone can get through.

Braga has a chance of making history here and go to the 1/8th's, Partizan and Shakhtar are accesible opponenents for it.

Group G games are a must see. It's been a while since we had a group of death in the Champions. Well, there it is, folks.

arsenal 2-1 blackburn, walcott and arshavin again
chelsea only leading 1-0 after 62 mins, malouda goal
wigan are much improved and are holding tottenham at 0-0 after 63 mins

Good job Arsenal.

Bad job, my fantasy team.

I guess that's what I get when I dont use my wildcard along with the others and overhaul my whole team with the best players from the first 2 weeks. Lame.

Yay Arsenal.

Meh showing from my squad, 33 points. Still at least Drogba is keepin it up, though now I wish I hadn't got rid of Rooney.

It's gonna be a long season.......

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
My fantasy team needs to pick up a 2nd decent midfield. Yay arsenal though.

42 points, I dont suck at this as much as I expected.

Atta boy Torres.. get your glorious form back. Stubborn Sunderland did work, as Aston Villa and Everton continue to look very mediocre.

Extremely impressed at how Wigan played (won't mind saying they costed me quite a few possible fantasy points). Conceding 10 goals in 2 games before bouncing back to grab a win at WHL is pretty amazing. Also Everton looked pretty inept in front of goal, I was convinced Aston Villa would let one past but Everton didn't seem to have any ideas.

Glad to see Torres is scoring...WBA looked pretty comfortable even though they were playing at Anfield, what's up, Liverpool?

AC Milan have made excellent transfers this summer, probably the best IMO. Boateng, Ibrahimovic and Robinho are all excellent additions to the Milan squad. I expect big things from AC Milan this year.

Also, even though I'm not a Chelsea fan, I have to admit that Chelsea is the team to beat at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)