Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Majin, take a Jigglypuff. You must evolve it immediately with the moon stone found in mount moon. It may not know (until possible) any attacking moves with a BP under 100.

Just so you know: Double Edge, Focus Punch, Blizzard, Hyper Beam, Solarbeam, Thunder, Fire Blast, Overheat, Dream Eater and Mega Kick. Mega Kick is available right when you leave mount moon. You could make a damn good Sunny Day set with those moves.

@MajinNecro
Bring a Magnemite with a -Spe nature. It must solo the current AND the former Saffron Gym Leaders (fighting master and Sabrina) to evolve.
Name this Magnemite DonJuan

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yep Char is at lv 40, Flare, Egg, Oddish and Machop are at 41 to 44. I just have to go get the Super Rod and get a mon from Pallet Town. I'm hoping to finish the run by tomorrow so I can finish my Sapphire Nuzlocke.

Also I'm just grinding so much because I'm intending to beat as much of the E4 with Carmander as possible. Given that its base stats max at like 150 it needs to be trained a lot.

EDIT: Also if the challenge were a Nuzlocke I would agree with you about the overlevelling but for me the fun in a Scramble comes from defeating the Elite Four, the rest of the trainers don't matter as much since usually your full team and movesets aren't set. Given the fact that most of the fun comes from the challenge I want to use Char and Eggy a lot against the E4 but that requires a lot of grinding due to stats and movepool. Finally for whatever reason I find grinding at the start or in the middle of a playthrough to be much more enjoyable than before the League (except in HG/SS eurgh).

Alright, so far I'm gonna have:
-DonJuan the Magnemite, -Speed nature, must solo Sabrina and the Karate Dojo Leaders to evolve (Vratix)
-Jigglypuff, must evolve immediately into Wigglytuff, its attacking moves with 100 base power or more. (Dexington)
-Gyarados with Substitute and Flail. (Texas Cloverleaf)
-Rhyhorn that must learn Rock Tomb and solo one of Koga's Pokemon with it, then learn Blizzard and solo one of Giovanni's with it. If not, I can only use it against one Elite 4 member. (Senfroz)
-Medium the Drowzee, must be taught all level-up moves but one. Must never be the highest or lowest leveled. (Ruwisc)

Leaf Green, no trades, no glaring type weaknesses

One more and I'm ready to go :)

MajinNecro69, take a Rhyhorn. It must learn Rock Tomb via TM and solo one of Koga's Pokémon with just Rock Tomb in order to evolve. It also has to learn Blizzard via TM and solo one of Giovanni's Pokémon (in the Gym battle) with just Blizzard. If it doesn't do that, you can only use it against one Elite 4 member of your choice.

MajinNecro69, take a Rhyhorn. It must learn Rock Tomb via TM and solo one of Koga's Pokémon with just Rock Tomb in order to evolve. It also has to learn Blizzard via TM and solo one of Giovanni's Pokémon (in the Gym battle) with just Blizzard. If it doesn't do that, you can only use it against one Elite 4 member of your choice.
I assume I must leave it as a Rhyhorn until I beat the Elite Four?

MajinNecro, take a Drowzee. If Drowzee evolves, then you must teach it all but one of its level-up moves when it tries to learn them (choose which one to skip wisely). If you skip multiple level-up moves, then it cannot evolve. It must never be the highest-leveled or lowest-leveled member of your party. Name it 'Medium'.

I assume I must leave it as a Rhyhorn until I beat the Elite Four?
I believe there is either a rule in the OP (maybe it is just an understood rule) that if nothing restricts you from doing something then you are allowed to do it. I.e. if he does not explicitly say you can't evolve Rhyhorn then you may evolve Rhyhorn.

Also, he gave Rhyhorn's evolve conditions. So it is moot.

I got through Sliph and am training MyBoat. It's soloing the Fighting dojo at Lv. 15 (now Lv 21) lol, the only thing they use is Focus Energy. I taught it Psychic, and am not using water gun since it is a STAB move that is not Surf.

And my Cloyter knows Aurora Beam, Clamp, Tri Attack, and Tackle. I haven't used tackle since I taught it tri attack though.

Majinnecro, you will not be able to use your starter. Instead, take a htimonchan who must know all three elemental punches. Have fun! Name him Kimbo Slice.
Edit: Since you don't actualy get anypokemon until after Brock, take a bulbasaur named "Replaceable" who you can use until you get to cerulean city. Once you get to cerulean, you must permanently box him or release him before both the rival fight or misty's gym.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Tetriny, I give you your new favorite Pokemon of all time: Porygon. It must solo Giovanni in the Viridian City gym without using a STAB move. It must be your lowest level Pokemon at all times.

Awesome, I get to spend ages in the Game Corner getting coins for Porygon, and any extra TMs I may need. Sounds kinda fun, actually. I'm pretty good at getting the three 7s, so hopefully it won't take too long. :P

I just need one more Pokémon, and then I can get started. :)

@Tetrinity, your final Pokemon is a Diglett named Digda. It must always know Dig, and cannot use Scratch, Aerial Ace, and any other move that makes no sense.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Tetrinity, here's a twist. Awesome Pokemon, terribly restricted.

Take a Zapdos. It may only be used in Gyms, against your Rival, and against the Pokemon League. Every battle it enters it must solo the opponent. It may learn one of the following moves: Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Drill Peck.

Alright, so here's the team I need to use for my LeafGreen Scramble:
-KimboSlice the Hitmonchan, must have all three Elemental Punches
-Medium the Drowzee, if I evolve it, i must teach it every level-up move except one that I must skip.
-Rhyhorn, it must learn Rock Tomb and solo one of Koga's before it can evolve, and Blizzard and solo one of Giovanni's, otherwise I can only use it once in the Elite Four.
-Gyarados, it must have Substitute and Flail.
-Jigglypuff, evolve it immediately, and it can only learn 100 base power or more attacks for attacking moves.
-DonJuan the Magnemite, -Speed nature, must solo Fighting Dojo and Sabrina before it can evolve.

-Bulbasaur named Replaceable that I must abandon or permanently box before the Cerulean City Rival battle or Misty.

Thanx to doomvendingmachine, Senfroz, Vratix, Ruwisc, Dexington and Texas Cloverleaf for the suggestions. Everyone wish me luck :D

I have to take the Diglett, because it was posted first and I'm fairly sure legendaries aren't permitted anyway. It's kinda a pity, because that Zapdos challenge sounds interesting and difficult. Maybe next time. :P

Anyway, here's the full team!

1) Pikachu - after evolving into a Raichu, it may not know any Normal type moves

2) Spearow - if it evolves into Fearow, may not learn Drill Peck. May be traded for the in-game Farfetch'd, which may not learn Slash. Neither Pokémon may be taught more than one TM/HM move.

3) Paras (Suicide) - may evolve if it solos Misty and knows Spore. Must defeat one of Blaine's Pokémon or Spore must be deleted.

4) Charmander (Darigaaz, male) - may evolve into Charmeleon if it solos Lt. Surge. May evolve into Charizard if it solos the entire Fighting dojo using no items/heals.

5) Porygon - must solo Giovanni without using a STAB move. Must be my lowest levelled Pokémon at all times.

6) Diglett (Digda) - must always know Dig. It cannot use moves that do not make sense for Diglett/Dugtrio to use, such as Scratch or Aerial Ace.

Thanks go to zdrup15, Ruwisc, Dexington, Vratix, Sprocket and auramaster for the Pokémon. Wish me luck! I foresee Porygon and Paras being the most difficult Pokémon to use, but we'll see how it goes. :)

Btw Tetrinity, Parasect doesnt have to solo that Pokemon of Blaines, it just has to kill it. Easier, but still difficult unless you sac something to do it.

EDIT: You can use anything for HM slaves. Just catch a Meowth or something.

Alright, fair enough. That does make it at least slightly easier. Slightly.

I'll be needing an HM slave for Surf, but other HMs can be taught to my party members (I won't bother with Flash, since Rock Tunnel is possible to get through without it anyway). Means I need to cripple Paras or Charmander (albeit temporarily) by giving it Cut, but hey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)