Nuzlocke Challenge

Well I just caught an Oddish with Pokerus as the first pokemon in a route. There's a 1 in 21845 chance of any Pokemon getting Pokerus, and yet I've caught several Pokemon with Pokerus, but have never seen a shiny (1 in 8192 chance).

I'm sure the game is fucking around with me.

Sapphire Nuzlocke Run, Part 3: South to North​

Part 1
Part 2
Kippy Lv 16
Mutt Lv 14
Wunupp Lv 15
Sandbag Lv 15

So as soon as I got to Slateport Beach I messed up every trainer in there (and got a 6-pack of Super Potion Juice for my troubles) with no problem. Also beat up those Team Aqua guys at a museum, delivered the Goods, went all the way back to Rustboro to get an Exp. share, and then headed out on that long route beneath Cycling Road. Caught an Electrike! Named it Ohmer, but I had to do some serious leveling, which I did with the power of EXP SHARE! Battling my rival gave me a scare though, as I was switching out Wunupp (the Shroomish), her Grovyle used Pursuit! I had no idea it learned Pursuit! Thankfully Wunupp stayed in the red, and my Makuhita, Sandbag, Vital Threw it to death. I finished heading towards Mauville, and Mutt evolved into a Mightyena! I looked at its stats and was pretty impressed, it's become a real powerhouse now.

The Gym was easy; I just Mud Shotted everything to death with Kippy, headed to Verdanturf (caught an Oddish with Pokerus which I spread to my team), when tragedy once again befell me. Ohmer was level 19, with just an teensy bit of EXP before it learned Spark, so I battled a Triathelete that had a Doduo. I was pretty confident since its Peck was doing minimal damage. But then it used Fury Attack.

One hit. I wasn't worried, Ohmer had 2/3 health.

Two hits.

Three hits.

Four hits. I noticed that even if it got the 5th hit I would survive

Five hits.

CRITICAL HIT.

My HP dropped to 0. $&^%(^(*&%!!!! Ohmer died, 4th victim of the Critical Hit Terror. And I was so happy at the thought of getting a Manetric at level 23! I was tempted to pretend that it didn't happen, but I knew that was against the rules. So I just watched Ohmer drop off my screen. He died as he lived, quickly.

I deposited him in my PC, went down Cycling Road to level up a bit (leveled my level 8 Nincada, Samur, to level 15 just in case I ever neede a Shedinja on hand), and challenged the Winstrate Familly. It was pretty easy though, since Sandbag got Fake Out and I used it whenever I could. I caught a Numel on Route 112, so I added into my team (called her Cammie) and gave him the Exp. Share so he could catch up. I had to detour through Fiery Path, thoguh I didn't run into any Pokemon so I have a bit of a reserve there in case of another fatality. At the other side of the desert I rested up at that old lady's house and almost lost Wunupp to a Roselia. It had paralyzed me and the idiot Wunupp got parahaxed 4 times in a row while she spammed Growth. Then Roselia got a crit on Absorb and I survived by 3 HP. Managed to beat it down though. I turned towards Route 113 (the one with the ash), and caught a useless Spinda. END OF SESSION.

It was a pretty long session, that's why I had to condense it as much as possible. I'll be back on Monday with at least until Lavaridge Gym I think. also I'm hoping to see more people doing this, I kinda feel like I'm the only one right now!

EDIT: Nice Death, a comic makes it way easier to show what happened in your run, good luck!

Kippy Level 22
Mutt Level 22
Wunupp Level 22 (evolves next level!)
Sandbag Level 22 (evolves in two levels!)
Cammie Level 18
Samur Level 15
Veegee Level 9
Raffles Level 12 (Pokerus baby!)
Gaviota Level 4
Bowie Level 5
Wyrm Level 10
Ohmer Level 19 (*SNIFF*)

go away, critical hits, no one likes you anyways

i am thinking about doing one of those on firered or emerald but just to make sure before i do something stupid, am i only allowed to do on oficial games or can i use famous hacks too? for example emerald 386.

also great going crimson.

edit:also, am i allowed to reset for starters and gift pokemons nature?
lots of people do hacks, and if you check the nuzlocke forum, you can find some really good hacks to do this run in.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I swear, grinding a Magikarp is the most tedious task known to man.

And I'm pretty sure Flamethrower counts as a Lazer move.

I agree. If Hydro Pump is considered a Lazer move, then Flamethrower should be as well.

And yes, grinding a Magikarp is way too hard...

So I was happily loping aroud in the SS Anne, whipping every trainer there with my Compoundeyes Sleep Powder Butterfree Lepidot. Doo-doo-doo-dah-WHAT?! Rival Blue wants to battle! ASDFGFHNKJFJHASDF...Four of my Pokemon were at half health, only Emerald the Ivysaur and Talos the Pidgeotto remained relatively unscathed.

It started out nicely. Blue led with his Pidgeotto, which has oddly only grown only 2 levels since I last saw it. Granite (Geodude) got a pretty safe switch into a Quick Attack, only suffering a very small amount of damage. Unfortunately, our poor rock got a Sand-Attack right in the face. As dust filled the ship, a shower of rocks aimed at Pidgeotto missed. Well.

As Pidgeotto futilessly released a Gust, Granite decided the time was right to drop another Rock Throw. The poor avian tumbled to the ground, wings tattered from the downpour of boulders. In my head, I thought "One down, three more to go." So far so good.

Apparently, Blue was a rather impatient fellow. The battle was just getting warmed up, but Charmeleon was out. I watched as the crimson reptile flexed its claws, ready to tear Granite apart. Somehow, I wasn't worried. Despite his powerful attempts to shred Geodude with a Metal Claw, it sadly came to little effect. Granite's tough skin was all the protection he needed, and he unleashed a Magnitude. To my dismay, it was barely a tremor. Why do you always get a Magnitude 5 when you most need one?

Seeing Geodude's power, Charmeleon went for the Ember, apparently anticipating a burn. The flames spluttered and went out in contact with Granite's arms, which slammed the ground. A Magnitude 9 shot out, and the shock waves sent Charmeleon reeling back in pain. Blue's stongest, most trustworthy Pokemon fell to the ground, defeated.

Raticate came out next. As Granite retreated, Gold the Weepinbell jumped out of her Pokeball, bladed leaves whirling, releasing a massive cloud of sleep-inducing powder. Raticate, despite its efforts to hold its breath, slumped to the ground, fast asleep. Gold wasted no time bringing it down with Vine Whip.

But Blue was a tricky player. He had his trump card hidden, until now. Kadabra sprang out, twirling his spoon menacingly. I stared in awe at the creature that had once been a frail, helpless Abra who could only use an undamaging Teleport. Unfortunately, now it had more than a Teleport in its arsenal, as its Confusion knocked Gold across the room. I withdrew the dazed Pitcher Plant, who was at critical health.

Pika leaped out, but was instantly blasted back by a wave of telekenetic energy. This was just too much for the poor Pikachu's defenses, and I watched in horrer as the first Pokemon I ever caught was slammed into a wall and fell forward, limp and defeated. Anger sparked inside of me, and I swore revenge. It was no epic war though, and Talos quickly ended the fight with a Quick Attack.

Blue scampered. I swore that this would never happen again.

Ew. It's taking forever to get a Gyarados without an Exp. Share.

Current Team:

Emerald (Ivysaur) - Lv. 24
Lepidot (Butterfree) - Lv. 17
Riptide (Magikarp) - Lv. 16
Talos (Pidgeotto) - Lv. 20
Gold (Weepinbell) - Lv. 21
Granite (Geodude) - Lv. 20

Dead:

Monk (Mankey) - Lv. 7, Killed by Ekans
Pika (Pikachu) - Lv. 17, Killed by Blue's Kadabra

started a platinum nuzlocke. not so lucky with natures, but i've got chimchar, starly and shinx at the end of the first two routes. should be quite fun...

Screw you, Groshi. This is how Smogon friggin' works. ;)

Anyway, my Platinum 'Locke failed horribly thanks to Skuntank screwing over everything.

Sweet. In my leafgreen nuzlocke run my charmander died while catching a weedle in the viridian forest. My pokemon besides the weedle were 2 rattata. I'm stubborn though. After intense grinding i got the bedrill to lvl 12 the calm (bleck) rattata to lvl 10, and the adamant (sweet) rattata to lvl 14. And although beedrill and the calm rattata died in the process, I beat Brock.

I swear, grinding a Magikarp is the most tedious task known to man.
Agreed I've done it twice on one run and I have lost both my Gyaradoses to bullshit.

1st died to Crit Spark from Pachrisu
2nd died to horn drill from a Goldeen, what makes things worst this Gyarados was about 12 exp away from leveling up and making Horn Drill ineffective.

If you can dump Magikarp and get something else.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, unfortunately Magikarp was my "Oh Shit" button. I'm in Dewford Town and have used up all routes (except one Old Rod fishing route, which would be another Magikarp) and my entire team is Magikarp and Poochyena. It's either die to Brawly or train up a Gyarados.

Mudkip and SHroomish died to poison, Whismur, Lombre, and something else were crithaxed by May.

What's a lazer move? Oh and btw, my new Breloom and Hariyama both have insane attack, I'm doing well. My Numel isn't pulling his weight though, we'll see what happens when it evolves.

Hey I'm doing an emerald nuzlocke and I've got two whismurs. One is naughty, the other is mild. Which should I choose? I'm leaning towards the naughty one to boost her stab. What do y'all think?

Hey I'm doing an emerald nuzlocke and I've got two whismurs. One is naughty, the other is mild. Which should I choose? I'm leaning towards the naughty one to boost her stab. What do y'all think?
Something about the phrase "one is naughty and the other is mild made me giggle, but "I'm leaning toward the naughty one to boost her stab" made me spit out my Yoo-Hoo. Keep up the good work!

I tried an Emerald one, with the rule that I wasn't allowed to challenge a gym leader with more Pokémon than they used, or any Pokémon at a higher level than their highest. Started with Torchic and caught nothing but Wurmples and Poochyenas before getting to Roxanne. Luckily, a level 15 Beautifly can one shot her Geodudes with Absorb, then I was reliant on Poochyena spamming Sand Attack to beat Nosepass...

The run I'm doing (bad) comics of is going really slowly. I think I make too many comics. I haven't even got Pokéballs yet.

Time for update #9 of Flamestrike's Nuzlocke challenge!
Update #1
Update #2
Update #3
Update #4
Update #5
Update #6
Update #7
Update #8

Brandon answered the call. “Hey Professor Elm, what’s up?” he asked, wondering why Elm would call him. The only times he ever did call was when something important was happening, such as when Team Rocket took over the Radio Tower.
“I just heard about your latest Gym victory! Your mother is very proud of you, and to be honest, I’m quite proud myself.”
“It’s not that big a deal,” Brandon replied. Actually, it was a very big deal, since it meant he would almost be done this hellish challenge, but he didn’t mention that.
“Well, it’s a big enough deal that I got a very special gift for you, as a reward for all the hard work you’ve done, both at defeating Gym Leaders and completing the Pokedex.”
“Seriously? What is it?”
“That would ruin the surprise! You’ll have to come to the lab and get it, and then you’ll find out.” Intrigued, Brandon rushed off to the Pokemon Center to get a Pokemon to fly him back to New Bark Town.

Upon entering the lab, Brandon immediately noticed a Pokeball in Elm’s hand, except it wasn’t like any Pokeball he had ever seen. The top was purple, with two little red spheres coming out from it. It had an M printed on the front. “Maybe it’s a special Pokemon?” Brandon thought to himself. He hoped not; because he had already received a Pokemon in New Bark Town, he couldn’t use this new Pokemon, per the rules of his challenge. Seeing his perplexed look, Elm laughed and said, “I bet you’re wondering what this is, right?”
“I can tell it’s a Pokeball,” Brandon replied, “but I’m wondering what’s so special about it. Is there a Pokemon inside?”
“Not yet, but there will be.” This only confused Brandon more, so when he didn’t reply, Elm continued, “You know how usually, when you want to capture a Pokemon, you need to weaken it first, or else it will break free, right? And how some Pokemon are harder to catch than others? Well this Pokeball is called the Master Ball, and it can catch any Pokemon without fail. No need to weaken it or anything. Throw the ball and the Pokemon is as good as caught.”

Brandon was speechless. A ball that could catch any Pokemon, even in perfect condition? Why wouldn’t everyone use these? As if reading his mind, Elm continued, “Silph Co. in Kanto developed these, but they’ve only made limited amounts because they fear the power of the balls might be abused. Other than certain lotteries, the only way to get the ball is to have connections with the company, which I do. When I saw how well you were doing on your journey, I figured you could make good use of the ball, so I ordered it. Unfortunately, they only allow one per person, so you’ll have to use it wisely.”
“Th-thank you so much, Professor. I’ll make sure I catch something good with this.” Brandon turned to leave, but the Professor stopped him.
“Oh, and Brandon? Some pretty girls dressed in Kimonos were here looking for you. They told me to tell you to meet them at the Dance Theatre in Ecruteak.”
“Oh, ok. Thanks again Professor Elm!” Brandon left the lab, pondering this turn of events. Given his past run-ins with the Kimono Girls, he had no reason to doubt the fact that they were looking for him. That being said, he still had no idea why they seemed to follow him, or why they would want him to go to Ecruteak. However, he didn’t seem to have much of a choice. Sending out Laura, a small Spearow with a surprising amount of strength, he flew off to Ecruteak, eager to solve this mystery once and for all.

After preparing for battle in case the Kimono Girls had a quest of some sort for him, Brandon walked into the Dance Theater. Following him was a massive four-armed Pokemon, a Machamp named Houston. "I actually caught Houston close to here..." Brandon thought to himself, reminiscing. Then he remembered the tragic deaths of both Sara and Melinda, which also happened nearby. He was broken out of his reverie, however, by Silver exiting the Dance Theater. "What are you doing here?" Brandon said, not too pleased about meeting the selfish Trainer.
"If you must know, I was battling the Kimono Girls, and they smoked me. Happy? Good luck if you're battling them. You may have beaten Team Rocket, but these Kimono Girls are something else. I'm outta here, I don't want to watch you win." Before Brandon could say a word in reply, Silver was flown away by a bird Pokemon that Brandon didn't recognize. Scowling, Brandon entered, wondering if he too would have to battle the Kimono Girls.

Alive:
Matty the male Togekiss: Level 40, Quiet nature
-Roost
-Fire Blast
-Aura Sphere
-Air Slash
After evolution, Matty quickly proved just how powerful he is by coming in to relieve Kyle against Clair and finishing both Kingdra and Dragonair while ending the battle with relatively high health. Powerful attacks, recovery, and great Special Attack and Special Defense will make Matty easily the key member of my team. He also leads the team, and is the only one who can tolerate Anthony's arrogance, being friendly to him despite his attitude.

Jill the female Golem: Level 40, Rash nature
-Earthquake
-Rock Throw
-Protect
-Rock Smash
Earthquake alone has made Jill far more powerful, and while her common weaknesses hurt her slightly, her great physical Defense helps her greatly . She's both a great offensive contributor and a key defensive pivot, so she'll definitely see a lot of use down the road. While she is really close to the rest of the team, she can't bring herself to like Anthony, who since evolving has gone from overly shy to overly arrogant.

Tyler the male Alakazam: Level 40, Bashful nature
-Recover
-Focus Blast
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
Like Jill, a movepool upgrade has made Tyler even more formidable. With Psychic to replace the weaker Psybeam, he can rip through most Pokemon with ease. Although Tyler is far more quiet now that the team is essentially united, everyone in the group knows that they can always rely on his great wisdom and strength whenever it is needed. Matty has asked him to talk to Anthony and try to get him to change his arrogant ways, but Tyler feels they will fix themselves and refuses to interfere.

Houston the male Machamp: Level 40, Relaxed nature
-Payback
-Strength
-Cross Chop
-Dig
Houston continues to be a laid-back powerhouse for the team. Despite his attitude, he cares deeply for all his friends and will defend them to the death. While he isn't mean to Anthony, he doesn't care for his arrogant nature, and usually refuses to listen to him when he talks.

Kyle the male Chinchou: Level 41, Hasty nature
-Surf
-Blizzard
-Discharge
-Signal Beam
Kyle quickly earned the respect of the group, and was key against both Clair and her Gym trainers. His friendly, happy-go-lucky attitude made him quick friends with everyone in the group when he joined, but he can't stand Anthony's attitude, and is often arguing with him.

Anthony the male Mamoswine: Level 40, Jolly nature
-Ice Fang
-Ice Shard
-Endure
-Earthquake
Anthony was extremely shy as a Swinub because he felt he was too weak and useless to belong in the group. However, after two quick evolutions his power skyrocketed and his attitude changed drastically. His power boost has now made him feel like he deserves better treatment than the rest of the team, and as such the rest of the team dislikes him, particularly Kyle, who argues with Anthony constantly despite his usually carefree attitude. While still unproven in battle, Anthony is certain to be a powerhouse on my team.

Boxed:
Catherine the female Caterpie: Level 4, Lax nature
Laura the female Spearow: Level 3, Sassy nature
Kaila the female Drowzee: Level 10, Modest nature
Zach the male Nidoran: Level 12, Lax nature
Justin the male Kakuna: Level 13, Careful nature
Eric the male Sudowoodo: Level 20, Lax nature
Dylan the male Mankey: Level 15, Docile nature
Natasha the female Flaffy: Level 16, Mild nature
Jenn the female Rattata: Level 15, Bashful nature
Jillian the genderless Magnemite: Level 16, Jolly nature
Kayla the female Gyarados: Level 21, Jolly nature
Luke the male Tentacool: Level 20, Modest nature
Bill the male Weepinbell: Level 22, Modest nature
Colleen the female Gligar: Level 24, Calm nature
Ron the male Dratini: Level 15, ? nature

Dead:
Corey the male Cyndaquil: Level 13, Mild nature
-Quick Attack
-Leer
-Smokescreen
-Ember
Though shy, Corey was brave and always willing to stand up for his friends. He was my first Pokemon and I had hoped to have him along for the entire challenge. Unfortunately, Falkner ended those hopes with a critical hit Tackle from Pidgeotto that took me by surprise and ended my starter's life. RIP

Nick the male Rattata: Level 12, Mild nature
-Rock Smash
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
-Bite
Nick was the troublemaker of the group, but he was always ready to fight for his friends and was really close to Corey. After Corey's death I figured Nick was my best bet to finish off Falkner's Pidgeotto, but Roost gave it just enough time to kill Nick. RIP

Andrew the male Zubat: Level 20, Careful nature
-Wing Attack
-Supersonic
-Astonish
-Bite
Andrew was the oddball of the group, and sometimes got on everyone's nerves, especially Melinda, who disliked him. However, the rest of the team liked him, and he became close friends with Jill. Sadly, he was a victim of my overconfidence, and was beaten by a Kadabra's Confusion before he had the chance to do anything. RIP

Melinda the female Weepinbell: Level 21, Lax nature
-Vine Whip
-Sleep Powder
-Cut
-Poison Powder
After the deaths of Corey and Nick, Melinda quickly became a key member of my team. While a great friend, she was rather uptight, and as a result she didn't get along with Andrew. However, after Andrew's death she was wracked with guilt, and determined to be friendly to any and every new member that joined. Unfortunately, she didn't live long enough to see a new member, as a Bite crit, Sleep Powder miss, and Ice Fang all combined to bring her down. RIP.

Sara the female Pidgeotto: Level 22, Relaxed nature
-Whirlwind
-Twister
-Gust
-Quick Attack
My team leader after Corey's early death, Sara was easy to anger but a great friend nonetheless. She bonded well with everyone on the team, and was saddened by every loss. However, not long after Melinda's death, she fought a Charmeleon and after missing multiple Quick Attacks due to Smokescreen a Dragon Rage killed her. RIP.

Short update for story stuff, will do the Kimono Girls in the next update. When I went to type this, it turned out I hadn't saved before shutting off the game, which meant beating the Kimono Girls again and everything -_- Thankfully nothing of importance happened that I lost (I have a chance to catch something other than a Sandslash on Route 26, but that's it), but I almost lost Pokemon against the Kimono Girls -_-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)