Drifblim (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Trick
- Thunder Wave/Will-o-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Explosion

With Trick, Drifblim can outspeed the fastest pokemon in the tier (Electrode). Even without Trick, it's enough to outspeed Claydol. Thunder Wave disables faster/scarfed pokes, or you can use WoW to weaken other exploders. Knock Off gets rid of sash/choiced switch-ins (banded explosion hurts). Being the only other ghost in the tier, it can get a free switch-in on many predicted explosions.

Choice Scarf Azelf
Jolly
Levitate
252 Spd 252 Atk 4 Hp
Trick
Explosion
Stealth Rock
U-turn
A lead set to outspeed Electrode and high Attack to pump up the Explosion.

Played my first TC match. Must say it's fun. Gengar and Azelf seem pretty dominate. Magnetzone is reliable killing several steels that roam in TC. Fun though.
True words dude

The TC is a nice idea, but as i expectet the top OU pokes are absolutly dominating it. (Azelf, Heatran, Gengar and Metagross)
Snorlax usage is also very high , because it is the only "safe" switch in into the former 3.

I played just one battle but i can say the battles are pretty fast played. Luck is even more important than in standart because you dont have many pokes and less team balance. (crits and very common speed ties)

From my point of view the LNT matches were more interessing than this switch.in-attack-go.boom-and.die-metagame.

Has anybody thought about using chilian berry's in this metagame? I can imagine it being a-lot better than leftovers on bulky pokemon like forrtress and regirock.

Another possibly useful item is a silk scarf. In the hand of a player who knows how to use it, it can bluff a choice item, then get a kill with explosion/self-destruct when the opponent tinks they are safe.

Nitpick question, but when it gets released, will Eccentric Ditto be avaliable? The rules say it must carry Explosion/SelfDestruct, but doesn't specify how.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)