Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bwahaha, this generation will be cool, no hordes of zubat/geodude/tentacool just waiting for you to run into them. I hope it doesn't mean that there will be pokes very similar to those, though.

New rumour from Pokejungle:

Eletusk
Elephant Pokemon
Type: Electric/Ground
Abilities: Volt Absorb or Lightning Rod
Attacks: Wild Bolt, Thunder Fang, Horn Attack, Uproar
Appearance: Elephant with lightning-bolt shaped tusks. *Defense is highest stat
*Note: Poster said its pre-evolution may be name something like Laifan

Could be fake, but what do you think of the typing/ability?

The amazingly shitty name makes me skeptical. But I'd really like it to be true. Electric says fuck you flying types and ground says fuck you everything else. Pretty deadly :/

New rumour from Pokejungle:

Eletusk
Elephant Pokemon
Type: Electric/Ground
Abilities: Volt Absorb or Lightning Rod
Attacks: Wild Bolt, Thunder Fang, Horn Attack, Uproar
Appearance: Elephant with lightning-bolt shaped tusks. *Defense is highest stat
*Note: Poster said its pre-evolution may be name something like Laifan

Could be fake, but what do you think of the typing/ability?
Pretty neat typing to me, although it needs moves to hit grass types, as both his stabs are resisted. Also, Flygon/Claydol/Torterra will be problematic as well. Hidden Power Ice?

A Ground type with Volt Absorb seems pretty inane, since Ground is already immune to Electric, but it does provide healing in the form of 25% HP replenishment, so it's not THAT useless...

From serebii:

Serebii said:
The first details on special CoroCoro magazine; CoroCoro Special's October issue have started to come out through a Twitter so there is a possibility of it being inaccurate, with thanks to Sabonea Masukippa for translation. This issue confirms a new feature within Double & Triple Battles called Combination Attacks. These attacks can be joined together if you select both attacks by selecting two or more specific attacks. Three examples of these attacks include Grass Oath, Fire Oath and Water Oath. We don't know how these work exactly but we have three examples;
If you use Grass Oath and Water Oath, the moves combine to make a Moor attack which lowers your opponent's speed.
In addition to that, Fire Oath and Water Oath create a Rainbow in the sky which boosts the likelihood of secondary effects occuring for your team mates.
Grass Oath & Fire Oath creates a Field of Fire which will cause damage to the opponents each turn.
We'll bring more details on this brand new feature as and when it comes including and hopefully some scans & total confirmation so keep checking back.
Combination attacks sound really interesting. There's a lot of possibility there.

Okay, so we've finally gotten some exciting news on the Oath attacks, they can combine in Triple or Double battles to form new moves. For example, Grass Oath and Water Oath creates a swamp that lowers the opponent's Speed, Water Oath and Fire Oath creates a rainbow that increases the effects of added effects happening. (think serene grace) And Fire and Grass Oath creates a field on fire, damaging the foes every turn.

So, that got me thinking: What if there was an Oath move for all seventeen elemental types? There could be so many epic combinations!

I've already though of a few:

Ground and Water: A Mudslide occurs, doing damage along with harshly lowering the foe's accuracy.

Flying and Fire: A Phoenix flies across the screen, inflicting a burn on all foes.

Water and Poison: Badly poisons all opponents at the cost of lowering your own defenses.

Dragon and Anything Else: A huge meteor of the second elemental type bashes into the foe on the turn afterwards, causing untold damage.

Do you guys have any ideas?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Holy Frig. Combos in doubles and triples. This opens up doubles even more. The VGCs are gonna be insane next year. Oh, and a quick shout out to user IPL who called this very thing over a year ago. We were in a Subway at the World Championship last year, up late just BS'n about what gen V might be like, and he said, ''Well in the anime they've been 'combining' attacks in double battles for a while now so it wouldn't surprise me if they worked that into the game as well''

THUNDAAAA ARMOR!!!!!!
I wish. It may be extremely silly, both the "thunder armour" or any contest combos seen (fire ice, ice aqua jet etc), but if we were able to do something like that it would open up a whole realm of out of the box creativity. Maybe not the most effective, but still interesting.

Unfortunately, it will probably be limited to a few preset or junky things.

Upstart

Copy Cat
Do you guys think that it will only be the oaths that combine as I can't see them combining old attacks like fire blast and shadowball into one

I thought of another: Ghost and Dark would negate all damage multipliers against you,
and Rock and Steel would make a shield only breakable by critical hits.

I do hope these attacks have a use outside of Double Battles. It would be nice for Gamefreak to create moves with multiple uses.

Oh, and by the way:
Water Oath + Fire Oath with Jirachi is gonna be major lol.

Okay, so we've finally gotten some exciting news on the Oath attacks, they can combine in Triple or Double battles to form new moves. For example, Grass Oath and Water Oath creates a swamp that lowers the opponent's Speed, Water Oath and Fire Oath creates a rainbow that increases the effects of added effects happening. (think serene grace) And Fire and Grass Oath creates a field on fire, damaging the foes every turn.

So, that got me thinking: What if there was an Oath move for all seventeen elemental types? There could be so many epic combinations!

I've already though of a few:

Ground and Water: A Mudslide occurs, doing damage along with harshly lowering the foe's accuracy.

Flying and Fire: A Phoenix flies across the screen, inflicting a burn on all foes.

Water and Poison: Badly poisons all opponents at the cost of lowering your own defenses.

Dragon and Anything Else: A huge meteor of the second elemental type bashes into the foe on the turn afterwards, causing untold damage.

Do you guys have any ideas?

I highly doubt they'll create an Oath attack for every type. Assuming two attacks of the same type can't be combined (i.e. Fire Oath + Fire Oath), that would still leave Game Freak with 272 new attacks to program into the game. (17 x 16). That's a hell of a lot.

I do hope these attacks have a use outside of Double Battles. It would be nice for Gamefreak to create moves with multiple uses.

SNIP
Based on what we've seen from the seasonal effect, I've got an idea:

Hail and Powder Snow: It becomes winter until you move to another area.

Leaf Storm and a low-power Fire move : Fall.

Bug Bite and OverHeat: Summer

Growth and Sunny Day: Spring.

And another set of nonbattle Ideas:

Protect and Minimize: Protects you from the gaze of a Trainer.

Roar and Whirlwind: Prevents wild pokmon from occuring for 300 steps.

Sacred Fire and Aeroblast: Heals everything.

Teleport and Roar of Time: Time Travel.

Teleport and Spacial Rend: Dimensional Travel.

Teleport and Shadow Force: Distortion World!

@Overworld: They dont have to make every single combination. Just the ones that make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)