The Gauntlet - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gauntlet

Approved by Earthworm and the tournament directors.

Introduction:

We all play a game where Pokemon faint and then are later revived to fight again in another battle. Consider, though, what it would be like if the game were a little darker? A little less forgiving? A little more deadly? This tournament attempts to recreate that scenario on Shoddy Battle by building up its own banlist for individual players based on who they let faint - or "die" - in each round. Are you ready to brave the gauntlet?

History:

General Tournament Rules:

• General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • This is a single-battle OU tournament where your Pokemon can "die" between rounds.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as for the Standard ladder of the Smogon Server of Shoddy Battle. (Salamence is allowed for this whole tournament)
  • There will be a week of time for each round of the tournament. (Extensions for active members who simply cannot get together are OK) When signing up for the tournament, keep this in mind, as I will not hesitate to remove inactive players at the end of rounds or flip coins.
  • You must submit a log of your battle to me at the end of each battle. This is necessary so that I am made aware of what Pokemon you are disallowed from using for future rounds. This burden is placed on the winner of a match, but if the winner forgets, the loser must provide the log. If you win but neither you nor your opponent saved the logs, I will cross-reference both players to discern who lost what Pokemon. I reserve the right to force a rematch if I question the integrity of such cross-referencing.
  • Each Pokemon that faints on your team in any battle of the tournament can never be used on any of your teams for the rest of the tournament. The Pokemon that you can not use will be publicly listed for your opponents to see and build their teams around.
  • For example, in the first round, you win the match, but lost a Scizor and a Gliscor. These Pokemon can no longer be used by you in the second or future rounds, should you make it further.
Battle Rules:

• Evasion Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Strict Damage Clause
  • Timed Battle
Deadline:

The deadline for Round 6 is 11:59PM EST (GMT-4), 9/7/2010.

Matchups:

Players with asterisks next to their name are those who were pushed for activity or by coin flip. The Pokemon that these players lost randomly are listed with the other players' lost Pokemon below, but in parenthesis. If the player moving on does not want to lose these Pokemon, they may challenge me; I will then remove as many random OU Pokemon as Pokemon I KO in the match against me (unless I KO an OU Pokemon, which means it is automatically lost). Playing against me will not change which Pokemon are lost if I KO non-OU Pokemon, only remove (from right to left) or add to the lost ones based on how many Pokemon you lose against me. The requested matches against me will be counted as "extended" matches, and must be completed within the extended match timeframe. If you want to challenge me in this manner and you were moved on by coin flip / activity, you must contact me within a day of the posting of this round.

Eo Ut Mortus vs Blue_Tornado
undisput3d vs Taylor

Lost Pokemon:
undisput3d: Forretress, Rotom-A, Heatran, Bronzong, Tyranitar, Shaymin, Kingdra, Metagross, Uxie, Celebi, Machamp, Gyarados, Blissey, Smeargle
Taylor: Metagross, Tyranitar, Salamence, Suicune, Rotom-A, Jirachi, Empoleon, Machamp, Azelf, Scizor, Gyarados, Dragonite, Starmie, Gengar, Heatran, Flygon
Eo Ut Mortus: Cloyster, Gliscor, Celebi, Breloom, Suicune, Shaymin, Starmie, Gyarados, Jirachi, Hippowdon, Blissey, Zapdos, Rotom-A, Forretress, Milotic, Salamence, Heatran, Gengar, Kingdra, Bronzong
Blue_Tornado: Breloom, Tentacruel, Flygon, Blissey, Celebi, Suicune, (Togekiss, Dusknoir, Weavile)

joshe

the best
undisput3d vs Taylor

these guys always seem to pull it off so LETS GET IT

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
been in contact with undisputed but hes been rather busy and would like to play sometime this weekend so its all good

undisput3d vs Taylor

Goodluck to everybody. I picked these guys to win because they have a smaller lost-pokemon pile, with poekmon not as good as their opponents'. But, like I said, goodluck everybody. :)

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Eo Ut Mortus: Cloyster, Gliscor, Celebi, Breloom, Suicune, Shaymin, Starmie, Gyarados, Jirachi, Hippowdon, Blissey, Zapdos, Rotom-A, Forretress, Milotic, Salamence, Heatran, Gengar, Kingdra

Blue_Tornado: Breloom, Tentacruel, Flygon, Blissey, Celebi, Suicune, (Togekiss, Dusknoir, Weavile)
lol

Eo moves on, but because Blue_Tornado illegally used Flygon in his team, Eo gets to keep his own Flygon for the finals. I discussed this with Earthworm and he agrees with this verdict based on the battle log. Eo is also aware and agrees to it.

Still waiting on Taylor v. undisput3d. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)