Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
khz your starter is a Chikorita, however you're not allowed to use it except as an HM slave (unless someone else gives you a starter, in which case disregard this).

Take a Pidgey. You must have 6 badges to evolve it to Pidgeotto, and 12 badges to evolve it to Pidgeot. It must solo Jasmine in Olivine City, and Brock in Pewter City.

Well, apparently you can get a surskit in the safari zone, but I have no idea how the johto safari zone works, and susrskit is rare and doesn't learn bp till lvl 43. This all seems like too much work to me (and I'm not sure if it's even possible as surskit isn't native to johto and i don't know how the safari zone works). So, in conclusion, yes, do what you said in your post, unless your up for finding a surskit (if even possible) and grinding A LOT. I would just stick with sucker punch and spider web personally.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
It is not possible to get a Surskit in HG/SS until after you get the National Pokedex, which isn't until you defeat the Elite Four.

Rigtho guys, thanks! The final team is Chikorita, Tentacool, Snubull, Spinarak, Hoppip and Pidgey. I'll keep you updated.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Rigtho guys, thanks! The final team is Chikorita, Tentacool, Snubull, Spinarak, Hoppip and Pidgey. I'll keep you updated.
Technically I gave you the Pidgey, and I picked your starter unless someone else picks your starter. You still need a sixth (the Chikorita doesn't count). HM slaves do not count towards your party, you just can't use them in battle.

Also, I just realized my Pidgey's restrictions conflict with the Hoppip's conditions, so change Jasmine to Executive Archer at the top of the Goldenrod Radio Tower (when Team Rocket takes over Goldenrod).

khz your last pokemon will be a mareep. It can't have no-damaging moves and can only have physical attacks.

EDIT: The first votes have arrived!

I don't know if this has been done before, but I am going to do a Scramblocke run (that's just what I'm calling it). Basically, I am doing a Nuzlocke run, but each time I catch a new pokemon I am going to post in here asking for a challenge for it. So try to think up some inventive ideas, and don't forget to give it a good name that portrays it's challenge!

Right now I need a starter, I'm doing Heartgold. Also, I obviously can't trade because this is a Nuzlocke run as well.

I don't know if this has been done before, but I am going to do a Scramblocke run (that's just what I'm calling it). Basically, I am doing a Nuzlocke run, but each time I catch a new pokemon I am going to post in here asking for a challenge for it. So try to think up some inventive ideas, and don't forget to give it a good name that portrays it's challenge!

Right now I need a starter, I'm doing Heartgold. Also, I obviously can't trade because this is a Nuzlocke run as well.
Yes it has been done, but is usually done differently. Most scramblockes get a set list of somewhere around 12 pokes at the start, instead of getting conditions for each new pokemon caught. I like your take on it though :).

@Nanoswine: Take Cyndaquil, call it Dependant. In order for it to evolve to Quilava, you must complete evolution requirements for at least one other Pokémon. For Typhlosion, you must complete evolution requirements for at least three other Pokémon (if there are less than three others, just complete all of them to qualify).

Take Cyndaquil, call it Dependant. In order for it to evolve to Quilava, you must complete evolution requirements for at least one other Pokémon. For Typhlosion, you must complete evolution requirements for at least three other Pokémon (if there are less than three others, just complete all of them to qualify).
Alright, Dependant it is! Awesome challenge for a starter, and it'll be great flavor for writing the Nuzlocke updates.

@doomvendingmachine, I like this way better because it feels more like a Nuzlocke AND a Scramble, with both of the rules still pretty much intact. The other way it seems like you might be in trouble if you don't run into the pokemon on your list the first time in a route.

Alright, Dependant it is! Awesome challenge for a starter, and it'll be great flavor for writing the Nuzlocke updates.

@doomvendingmachine, I like this way better because it feels more like a Nuzlocke AND a Scramble, with both of the rules still pretty much intact. The other way it seems like you might be in trouble if you don't run into the pokemon on your list the first time in a route.
In most scramblockes I've seen you ignore the first pokemon on each route thing and just search till you find it. The only part that remains a Nuzlocke really is that your pokemon can die. I like your idea a lot, it kinda keeps with the spirit of both the scramble and nuzlocke. It gonna be hard thinking up unique conditions for your 25th tentacool though. >_>

I'm glad you like the challenge, I'm pretty pleased with it myself to be honest. :P

I think what most people do with a Scramblocke run is work out where they can catch each Pokémon on the list, and just take the first listed Pokémon they find in the given area rather than the first Pokémon full stop. It works, but it does seem to take away from the Nuzlocke side of things a little... I prefer your way.

Yeah, I prefer keeping the Nuzlocke style of only catching the first one you see to searching around for what's on the list.

Speaking of which, the first pokemon I see on route 46 is...

A Spearow! Who's got a challenge for it?

EDIT: As I wait here with the name screen on, I begin to realize one of the potential problems with getting a challenge each time you catch a poke...

Yeah, I prefer keeping the Nuzlocke style of only catching the first one you see to searching around for what's on the list.

Speaking of which, the first pokemon I see on route 46 is...

A Spearow! Who's got a challenge for it?

EDIT: As I wait here with the name screen on, I begin to realize one of the potential problems with getting a challenge each time you catch a poke...
Well, if noone else posts a challenge, then I'll do. Spearow (Perfurador) can't use normal type moves

I wanted to post a challenge, but couldn't think of a decent one and wasn't sure if it was a good idea to give two in a row anyway. I guess this is slightly different though, so I dunno. Like Nanoswine said, waiting around until somebody posts a challenge is a problem.

Well, if noone else posts a challenge, then I'll do. Spearow (Perfurador) can't use normal type moves
OK, Perfurador is up and running! Bug catchers are great training for him :)

Also, the main problem is naming them, as soon as I get to Goldenrod I can just catch them and not use them until someone puts up a challenge, then rename them when I get one.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Nanoswine, your Geodude must learn Selfdestruct (replace it with Explosion later). As long as your Geodude's Selfdestruct/Explosion KO's another Pokemon, you may revive Geodude (using Revives, Pokemon Center, etc) unlimited times. But if Geodude is ever KO'd by any other means (or if your Selfdestruct/Explosion do not KO the opposing Pokemon) it's dead.

*Edit* Clarified my challenge.

Nanoswine, your Geodude must learn Selfdestruct (replace it witH Explosion later). You are allowed to use unlimited Revives on Geodude, but only if it uses Selfdestruct or Explosion to KO an opposing Pokemon. If it is KO'd by any other means, or Selfdestruct/Explosion do not KO the opposing Pokemon, it's dead.
OK, I'm blanking on a name so I'll just call her Nuke.

Already I need another challenge lol, Pidgey anyone?

Pidgey, who will now be called Desperado, may only evolve into Pidgeotto if it KOs 5 Pokémon while in red HP (it doesn't have to last the whole fight like that, just deliver the KO blow). It may evolve into Pidgeot once it has learnt Roost by level up.

Edit: Aww, got ninja'd. Somebody give him some evo requirements, otherwise his Charmander remains stuck like that forever. :P

Pidgey may never evolve into pidegot. Name it "Gimped".

Edit: your challenge is going to single handedly add ten pages to this thread, lol.
lol, you're right >_> I think I might just keep editing one post until the page it's on ends to try and keep that from happening.

Also, I'm taking this one not only because it was first, but because Tetrinity already gave me a challenge. How about this, you can't give me a challenge for something unless the one you already gave me died? Whenever something dies I'll mention it in here so you know.

Also I just got my first top percent call, apparently I wasn't paying attention and I gave him my phone number T_T

Okay, sounds fair enough. Just bear in mind that there's only a limited number of people giving challenges in this thread. :P

I've only ever had a few top percent calls from Joey. Honestly, I rarely bother answering the phone unless it's from Baoba or a couple of random trainers who give decent items after the rematch. Joey wasn't too much of a problem, but my mother sure was. The number of times she called me to say she'd bought yet more berries was staggering. Even when I told her to stop saving my money, she called four more times before finally stopping. >___>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)