Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things I noticed from the video:
- Reshiram fires a Fireball and Zekrom. Zekrom TURNS INTO a lightning ball and slams into Reshiram. Does this hint something?
- As far as the "three gym leaders" thing, they look like nothing more than regular trainers. If you remember Erika's gym in 1st/3rd gen, you'll notice that she has trainers by her side.
1) I guess we can assume Reshy has Base 150 SpAtk and Zekrom has Base 150 Atk - making him the bane of Kyogre :). It may be true that their abilities raise their SpAtk/Atk then.
2) But there are three important differences:
*These trainers only appears AFTER you talk to Dento
*They are colour co-ordinated green, red and blue
*The badge is also coloured green, red and blue
Probs not a coincidence

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Pokabu's final evo is Rhyperiors body+ Hihidaruma's prevo for a head...

totally fake
Along with a little Magmortar in there as well. I wouldn't be surprised at the Grass ones, but the Fire ones are in my opinion incredibly unlikely. The middle one is big enough to be a final evo, and the 2nd stage is never very big, it's the final one that grows a lot, i.e. Ivyaur-Venusaur, Quilava-Typhlosion, Marshtomp-Swampert, Grotle-Torterra. It happens for all types, in all generations. The fire beard is not in GF's style, it looks way too amateurish, but I can see the second fire evo being the final fire evo. The water ones are just too different from Mijumaru to be true.

Some things I noticed from the collective videos:

First Video:

-Woogoru is shown to use Hyper Beam and Superpower (both moves that have a guaranteed negative side effect). Superpower implies a high attack stat, and the selection of these two moves in particular seem to imply that Encourage will indeed negate negative side effects.
-Reshiram uses a projectile Fireball, while Zekrom envelops itself in electricity to attack. Both seem to support their abilities and stat distributions (SpA Reshiram/Atk Zekrom), not to mention the awesome camera angles.
-Hihidaruma uses Complete Burn/Incinerate on Mijumaru, which means it is not a move exclusive to Victini.
-Large electric attack from Denchura hits Ononokusu...which rules out the possiblity of it being a Ground type and essentially confirms Bug/Electric for the tarantula.

Second Video:

-Hihidaruma seems to use either Superpower or Giga Impact on Shimama, probably Superpower considering the background was the same as Wooguru's.

Third Video:

-Pokabu knows Heat Stamp (from Serebii). Fire Type, 10pp
-Shimama has Shock Wave and either really low SpA, or Mamanbou has high SpD.
-Mamanbou has Wish.
-Again, Hyper Beam is used by Wooguru.

Interesting. As far as those starters go...try again. Tsutaja's final evo is alright, the rest are terrible.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Some things I noticed from the collective videos:

First Video:

-Woogoru is shown to use Hyper Beam and Superpower (both moves that have a guaranteed negative side effect). Superpower implies a high attack stat, and the selection of these two moves in particular seem to imply that Encourage will indeed negate negative side effects.
By no negative side effects, you mean that Hyper Beam has no recharge and Superpower has no stat-drop, right? Spamming Giga Impact and Close Combat mindlessly on Hihidaruma (assuming it's physical and learns those moves) would be quite amusing.

EDIT: It also seems that (from the 1st vid) that Reshiram is special and Zekrom is physical.

^That seems to be what they imply. Why else choose Hyper Beam/Superpower, two moves with guaranteed negative side effects for the user, as a means to showcase Wooguru rather than Free Fall, which has become somewhat of a signature move for it? Either its OMG super strong, or they want to show off Encourage.

By no negative side effects, you mean that Hyper Beam has no recharge and Superpower has no stat-drop, right? Spamming Giga Impact and Close Combat mindlessly on Hihidaruma (assuming it's physical and learns those moves) would be quite amusing.

EDIT: It also seems that (from the 1st vid) that Reshiram is special and Zekrom is physical.
I guess it will be OU. If it's stats are high.

In the third video, is it just me or, when Shimama is switched into Mamambou, it attacks immediately?

I hope that was just a montage.

Only watched the first one by now, and the only competitively relevant info we got were Denchura using an apparently Electric-type move, and... Mamanbou using Wish.

I'm okay with this.
Did the second video show the boy turning into a Pokemon? And I find it odd that they have overworld sprites for all the Pokemon so you can see them in the daycare but they appear to not be able to follow you.

Edit:
i guess you get to switch and to attack each turn?
That would be crazy.

Also, I think if Encourage does boost Hyper Beam/Giga Impact, Hihidaruma will either be so good, it gets put in Ubers or so nerfed that it will be BL or even lower. Remember Shedinja?

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
In the third video, is it just me or, when Shimama is switched into Mamambou, it attacks immediately?

I hope that was just a montage.

If you look at the background between 3:08 to 3:11, you'll see that it changes suddenly, so whoever made the trailer probably edited out the part where the trainer select's Shimama's attack.

....and ninja'd

I find it distressing that GF gave THREE new trailers and still no new pokemon. Why must they taunt us?

Even though Pokabu's final form is the dumbest design in a long, sad history of dumb designs, the grass and water finals don't look bad at all. Mijimaru definitely redeemed himself. I just hope the final grass form is anything other than grass/poison.

This is still shaping up to be the most poorly designed gen ever though. 90% of the revealed pokemon are monkey-with-crayons quality. I greatly fear that some of my faves are about to be ruined by a retardedly designed evo.

By the way, there is no reason to assume these aren't real. The same guy who leaked these pics has leaked quite a bit and he hasn't been wrong once yet. The only way this could be fake is if someone was impersonating him, but I heard serebii went so far as to check the IP adress.

Hang on a minute... surely, Explosion's fainting is considered a secondary effect, right? Imagine Encourage STAB Explosion. Okay, Wargle probably won't get it, but if it did... and Encourage's boost was based on the % chance (ie, 100% for Explosion), then that would give it, *does calculation* 1500 Effective Base Power. Drool...

I'll be laughing out loud when Encourage does not stop the recharge from Giga Impact/Hyper Beam and the stat lowering from Superpower and they showed Wargle using those in the trailer just because they have cool animations.

Do you guys understand how horribly powerful encourage giga impact is?
Assuming Wooguru has 100 Base Attack, and Encourage grants a 20% boost, CB STAB Giga Impact does 32.64% - 38.76% to 252/252 Skarmory and 72.96% - 86.16% to 252/252 Swampert. Wooguru will probably end up with a not-so-great attack stat like that anyways. Now, if it is as high as Staraptor's, Adamant variants can do 40.92% - 48.12%, which will sometimes 2HKO if they hold Shed Shell > Leftovers. Not to mention Ghost-types can come in for free, and Rotom-A resists Brave Bird, too. We don't know everything about it, but I doubt either Hihidaruma or Wooguru will be broken.

Even though Pokabu's final form is the dumbest design in a long, sad history of dumb designs, the grass and water finals don't look bad at all. Mijimaru definitely redeemed himself. I just hope the final grass form is anything other than grass/poison.

This is still shaping up to be the most poorly designed gen ever though. 90% of the revealed pokemon are monkey-with-crayons quality. I greatly fear that some of my faves are about to be ruined by a retardedly designed evo.

By the way, there is no reason to assume these aren't real. The same guy who leaked these pics has leaked quite a bit and he hasn't been wrong once yet. The only way this could be fake is if someone was impersonating him, but I heard serebii went so far as to check the IP adress.
I agree with you and I think those images are likely to be the true starters' evolutions. When the sketch with the Anime size of characters/Pokemon was leaked, there were 2 Pokemon that looked like Mijumaru and Tutarja. The sketch was proven to be true and those 2 'mons look exactly like the second evolution of Tutarja and Mijumaru.I personally think that's it, although I hope the guy'd be wrong with Pokabu's evolutions, they really are ugly.

Wooguru will probably be one of the best birds though, unless its stats are totally fucked over. Boosted Super Power with no negative side effects is a great tool to have for a Normal/Flying bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)