Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish that Slaking gets Pure Power from Dream World. Anything is better than being lazy and letting Lucario set up on you.

I really wish that Slaking gets Pure Power from Dream World. Anything is better than being lazy and letting Lucario set up on you.
It would go straight to Uber. No testing needed. :toast:

It's already got Kyogre-like stats just hindered by ability. With Pure Power, it would have higher stats than Arceus not to mention it wouldn't have Truant. Scrappy Slaking the same - without Truant, Slaking is an Uber, with massive potential.

It would go straight to Uber. No testing needed. :toast:

It's already got Kyogre-like stats just hindered by ability. With Pure Power, it would have higher stats than Arceus not to mention it wouldn't have Truant. Scrappy Slaking the same - without Truant, Slaking is an Uber, with massive potential.
How about Slow Start Slaking? That would be TrollFreak's greatest Troll ever.

EDIT: CB Return from a max attack Pure Power Slaking 2HKO's Impish 252 HP/176 Def EVs Skarmory. 0_0 That's scary.

The worst part is... that cat silhouette more or less matched. So, unless they got seriously lucky that time, they DO know something that we don't.
Wait, I thought the cat's first appearance was as a blurry figure on Pokemon Sunday, right? And then that artwork showed up afterward, which may or may not be fan art. How does it prove anything until we can get a closer look at the cat's official art this Sunday to see if they match up?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Regigigas would rather have Stall/Klutz, not Truant. Lol.

Wait, I thought the cat's first appearance was as a blurry figure on Pokemon Sunday, right? And then that artwork showed up afterward, which may or may not be fan art. How does it prove anything until we can get a closer look at the cat's official art this Sunday to see if they match up?
IIRC, it was the silhouette at first, which more or less matched the blurry pokémon from the commercial, THEN the commercial and finally, the speculated fanart.

But Klutz does have a use!
Lopunny doesn't learn Trick. Switcheroo is an egg move.

And so does Stall!
Sableye can not learn Skill Swap

Fine, screw you Gamefreak ;_;
I used Klutz!Lopunny to much success back on '07. It's a really interesting ability and really fucks up anything that switches into it.

No! We need pure power slaking for Battle Tower!
I've had fun with Magic Guard Slaking in the Battle Tower: Double Edge, Flare Blitz, Wood Hammer and Brave Bird - Life Orbed.

That's alongside a Wondertomb, and Serene Grace Porygon-Z with Charge Beam, Luster Purge, Sacred Fire and Tri Attack. Easy Stuff :)

I've had fun with Magic Guard Slaking in the Battle Tower: Double Edge, Flare Blitz, Wood Hammer and Brave Bird - Life Orbed.

That's alongside a Wondertomb, and Serene Grace Porygon-Z with Charge Beam, Luster Purge, Sacred Fire and Tri Attack. Easy Stuff :)
Talk about mad hacking.

O.e

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but what exactly is Zoruark's ability again? It takes the appearance of the pokemon in the second slot, right?

So providing this extends to the metagame, what sort of strategies can people see being used? I'm guessing giving it the appearance of a Ghost would be an excellent use, as people won't want to use Bug or Fighting moves, relying then on Dark and Ghost moves that aren't effective. Gengar would be a great example.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but what exactly is Zoruark's ability again? It takes the appearance of the pokemon in the second slot, right?

So providing this extends to the metagame, what sort of strategies can people see being used? I'm guessing giving it the appearance of a Ghost would be an excellent use, as people won't want to use Bug or Fighting moves, relying then on Dark and Ghost moves that aren't effective. Gengar would be a great example.
Yeah, zoroark would most likely go lead since it seems (from the videos) that ANY damage breaks the illusion which makes sense imo. So if zoroark makes it Ou (though I doubt it will) I'd bet that a lot of those azelf you see...won't be azelf :P

Oh my... does that mean the values for each individual Pokemon's based stats are changed, or does it mean that the entire system for calculating base stats is changed? Either way, this could make the metagame 100% different, and I'm personally looking forward to hearing more about it. IV's needed work anyways, so I'm glad there's a possibility of making competitive battling less of a hassle on the carts. It's a rumor, of course, but I'm hoping it's true.

Oh my... does that mean the values for each individual Pokemon's based stats are changed, or does it mean that the entire system for calculating base stats is changed? Either way, this could make the metagame 100% different, and I'm personally looking forward to hearing more about it. IV's needed work anyways, so I'm glad there's a possibility of making competitive battling less of a hassle on the carts.
Well, GF always adds something that changes the entire metagame in a new generation: the Special stat split, Dark and Steel types, Nature, Abilities, the Physical/Special attack split, etc. I was worried that this Generation wasn't going to have an overhaul of the metagame.

well, it's blue Sky. They have been right before, but they also have been miserably wrong too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)