Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also fuck did you guys see the effect for Dragon Tail?

That could be so broken.
Yep. The percentages for it could be poor, like Fire Punch; Only having a 10% chance of it happening. Or it could be a really weak attack with a high chance(like 30%). But I bet it's the former one, XD.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just some thoughts:

I think Boogy Bison has in inspired me to regrow my Afro. And WTF is up with the name "Afro Break"?

I don't hate the starters, I just hate there types. Like others have said, they're painfully boring. Also, what's the point of basing Wotter on Japan and going through all the trouble of making him look and act like a Samurai if you aren't even going to make him a Fighting type?

I like the Monkeys. Especially the water one, who shall be called Aqua Ape.

Denchura, Desukaan, and Ono all look beast. Too bad about Desukaan's typing though.

On the note of Desukaan: According to Serebii, Mummy turns foes into mummies. What could that possibly mean? Do they become Ghost types?

Electrode got a fun little toy in Eleci Ball if it's special.

I think I'm getting a DSi so I can do all this sweet Dream World stuff.

Regeneration sounds like auto-leftovers, which will be pretty awesome if a wall or a tank gets it.

I wonder what the difference is between the two Basuro's forms are? One looks chilled and the other looks like psycho.

Does Rock Bomb-Omb not evolve into Gigasauriu since it's not mentioned?
We have no confirmation that Miju3 isn't dual-typed (I'm hoping for Psychic, but everyone else wants Fighting) Charizard, Torterra and Empoleon all received dual-types at Stage 3, though Charizard's was only because it grew wings.

No, Mummy only changes the ability of the pokemon that hits you with a physical move...
Like Scizor loseing Swarm and gaining Mummy after it atacks (Just an example).
However since Scizor is now a Mummy, any pokemon atacking it with a contact move also gets the Mummy curse. So you can see it spreads.

BTW: Denchura's second ability prevents the enemy from useing its berry. Pretty decent ability but it doesnt come close to Compound Eyes.

No, Mummy only changes the ability of the pokemon that hits you with a physical move...
However since Scizor is now a Mummy, any pokemon atacking it with a contact move also gets the Mummy curse. So you can see it spreads.

BTW: Denchura's second ability prevents the enemy from useing its berry. Pretty decent ability but it doesnt come close to Compound Eyes.
Haha, it reminds me of Zombies, XD.

i like the tiny pokeball mushroom idea [size and facial features].. except for the fact that it has a pokeball design on its head.. pretty much making it very very gay. so.. are they saying the pokeball was designed after this pokemon? [5 generations later we find it?] or the creatures adapted to the pokeball design.. and was formed with the design on it?

stupid.

The three monkeys have Gluttony?

And they look like they could believably Belly Drum. So we could have a whole bunch of Linoone's running about. Thankfully, they won't get E-Speed, but at +6 even quick attack feels like giga impact.

I hope we can get a Flygon with Tinted Lens from the Dream World. It's only logical.

The only thing I can see standing up to Mummy is Ononokusu due to Mold Breaker. That would put a stop to the spreading. I wonder if it wears off after switching out?

I love these new pokemon's designs. My favourites have to be the monkeys, the sarcophogus and afro bull though. I can really see what that interview meant when they said they were starting from scratch and building an entirely new ecosystem. Its a shame that some people will just complain though...

"Crap, we already have a mole/deer/bull/etc...gamefreak are running out of ideas etc...this is the end of pokemon etc..."

One disappointment is that there won't be any eeveelutions in this game, as it is entirely new. I can handle that though, I know they'll make new ones eventually.

Also, this means the starter evos are real. Don't kid yourself into thinking they aren't. I am actually quite pleased. Smuglord is epic, exactly what I thought it should look like. Wotter3 has grown on me. I like it a lot now. The fire/fighting type is just lol, for obvious reasons, I do think it was a missed chance, but I'm sure it'll grow on me in time too.

Finally, Serebii was right! Well, I didn't think he would have stated anything so firmly unless he was really sure of it. More of a suprise is that Pokexperto hasn't been trolling us, he's been getting stuff right! I really want to know how he got his information. He is gonna have huge expectations to live up to come gen 6, that's for sure.

I hope we can get a Flygon with Tinted Lens from the Dream World. It's only logical.

The only thing I can see standing up to Mummy is Ononokusu due to Mold Breaker. That would put a stop to the spreading. I wonder if it wears off after switching out?
Tinted Lens CB Outrage for the fucking win.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN

Which is it? Physical or Contact - Stone Edge/Earthquake/Rock Blast/Seed Bomb/a few others are physical, but don't make contact.

lol thatd be soo broken xD
You thought Specs Tinted Lens Yanmega was bad? Flygon would be faster, with a stronger STAB and absolutely unresisted coverage (aside Shedinja) in just one move - AND takes practically fuck all from Stealth Rock, whereas Yanmega loses 50%.

I love these new pokemon's designs. My favourites have to be the monkeys, the sarcophogus and afro bull though.
Some of them kind of suck, but there are some really great ones this gen like Wargle and Gigiaiasu, and out of these ones, the monkeys, afro bull, desukan, denchura, doryuuzu and ononokusu are all pretty cool. Shikijika's evolution's not bad. It's winter form is cool, but I don't think it's stats change or anything do they? That's kinda lame. The cat and the puppy are pretty ugly too but whatever. That's just two.

Andlol Tabunne, the Stump, Cottonball and Mushroom seem like NU/UU material, but Tabunne could be the new blissey or something, who knows? I think the mushroom will disguise as a pokeball in the game though. It just seems obvious. :I

Which is it? Physical or Contact - Stone Edge/Earthquake/Rock Blast/Seed Bomb/a few others are physical, but don't make contact.
Sorry, its contacts moves, my bad.
Tabunne is a beast in double or tripple battles, it has a healing beam that you can use to heal ally pokemons.

Fuck. Compound Eyes STAB thunder for the win.

Loving the spider.

The Mummy is pretty boss. Very wicked design. Looks like I am making mine smuglord

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
Thanks. Off topic, but are there any special moves that make contact? And is Marowak called that because of bone marrow? It's weird what you don't see until someone makes a spelling mistake.

Truthfully, I think this gen's Pokemon is probably the best set ever. I think they all look pretty badass, and I'm going to struggle to narrow down a team of my favourites.

Hihidaruma and Rankurusu are pretty solidly in my team, and I think I'm going with Miju as my starter, but outside of that I've got no idea. There's about ten that I've seen so far that I want in apart from that.

Dragon Tail has a CHANCE to switch the target of the atack with another pokemon, so its not that broken...i hope.
Dont get me started on the starters, im going to use mine as a HM slave and ditch him ASAP.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My favorite Chimp is Boappu. It's freaking awesome and it's sprite is really neat. I also like Choroneko. Ononokusu and Desukaan are cool too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)