Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that change the information thats contained though? Nope.
It brings its validity into question. No one seems to be able to say where it's from other than "an insert". It also doesn't explain the western style formatting. So in a way, yes it does change the information that's contained.

Bulbapedia said that Pokabu's evo's typing is Fire/Fighting, while the others remain singularly typed. The rumor posted a while ago might indeed be true: which kind of pisses me off. It's just a incredibly boring, predictable choice imo. And if the pictures of the final evos of the starters are real, which they likely are, it makes me more upset. The grass snake is okay, but A bipedial pig-man? seriously? And frankly, I don't even know what to call what the water starter evolves into. Am I the only one who hates these designs?

I'm a bit disappointed at the starters being confirmed as real, but any spite against them has been dealt with over the time that they've been released. I think we'll learn to live with them, especially if the typing turns out good. If not..Well, there's always the PC.

About the whole "Grass starters are all based off dinosaurs" thing. It's fairly obvious that they all are. You'd pretty much have to be ignorant to deny it. But it's also obvious that they're based off of more than one thing.

Venusaur=Toad+Rafflesia+"Saur", greek for "lizard" which all dinosaurs have in their name

Meganium=Sauropod+Hibiscus

Sceptile= Leaf-tailed gecko+Dilophosaurus+Evergreen tree

Torterra=Tortoise+Ankylosayrus+Earth

Not really. Since apart from, what, those cosmetic differences, it looks exactly the same, typing wise.
Well Empoleon doesn't really scream 'steel type'. Just cause it looks like a typing doesn't mean it is. Just like Futachimaru apparently being pure water even though it's the training pokemon. :/

@mintyfresh7: No, you're not the only one.

If you have give Yooteri the WipeThatShitOffYourFaceOrb and level it up, it evolves into Growlithe. Check serebii if you don't believe me.

Well Empoleon doesn't really scream 'steel type'. Just cause it looks like a typing doesn't mean it is. Just like Futachimaru apparently being pure water even though it's the training pokemon. :/
I meant typing, as in whats wrote on the page. Easy mistake though.

umm... does any one else see Yootorii (the normal type orange puppy) as Growlithe's pre-evolution? Looks like it to me.
It has the resemblance. I keep thinking that Yootorii would end up looking like St. Bernard with long eyebrows and fur. It's like the know it all hundred years old dog. Weird..

@Ming-ming Oh yeah forgot about him. He needs some wings though haha.

You remembered wrong. It's a unicorn.
Unicorns have flippers? Looks more like a Sea Lion with shell armour.

You're completely missing the point. Furthermore, you aren't debunking any arguments, you're just restating your argument over and over.
Missing the point?. People are claiming its fake, but the information is exactly the same as the serebii one, but something about the image isnt.

If the info is correct, so what?

@ming ming, I've had the same theory, although I was quickly shot down with guided missiles with the words "FUCK YOU" written on them.

We need a rock type to annoy Normal attack users in caves? Enter Dangoro
We need a flying type [bat] to confuse us in the caves while we're not taking down Geodude, I mean Dangoro? Enter Koromori.
Etc, etc.

Unicorns have flippers?
Yes.

[among other things] Am I the only one who hates these designs?
I think it will go over better if we got real art, but you're definitely not the only one to hate them lol. I'm iffy, Firebeard is kinda cool, and the final grass snake is interesting as well. Wotter3 just doesn't thrill me. What I find worse is that if these things do end up being real, why do they mesh so clearly with previous designs? Seems lazy on GF's part. I understand it more if they were all done by the same artist the whole time, but the interviews showed that this group was a collective effort.

Typing however, will have to be backed up by great stats and an amazing movepool to redeem themselves. Firebeard is shaping up to be another NU fire starter, as defensive fire doesn't turn out well usually and we've already got fast fire/fight and strong fire/fight. But who knows for sure what will happen.

I hope Buffuron gets Double-Edge, as a 216 base power move after STAB and Reckless is more powerful than Draco Meteor. Assuming it has a decent attack stat (seems like it'd be higher than Tauros', but lower speed), it could really do some damage.

Also, in case anyone is anal like me and likes to consider future teams, I've updated our list of Pokemon by type:

Grass: 10
Tsutaja, Janobii, Tsutaja3, Shikijika, Mebukijika, Kurumiru, Yanappu, Monmen, Churine, Tamagetake

Fire: 8
Victini, Pokabu, Chaobuu, Pokabu3, Darumakka, Hihidaruma, Baoppu, Reshiram

Water: 7
Mijumaru, Futachimaru, Mijumaru3, Mamanbou, Swana, Hiyappu, Basurao

Normal: 11
Minezumi, Miruhoggu, Chillarmy, Mamepato, Hatooboo, Wooguru, Shikijika, Mebukijika, Tabunne, Baffuron, Yooterii

Psychic: 6
Victini, Munna, Musharna, Rankurusu, Gochiruzeru, Koromori

Steel: 2
Gear, Doryuuzu

Flying: 6
Mamepato, Hatooboo, Koromori, Wooguru, Swana, Emonga

Electric: 4
Shimama, Emonga, Denchura, Zekrom

Ground: 3
Meguroko, Moguryu, Doryuuzu

Dark: 4
Meguroko, Choroneko, Zorua, Zoroark

Dragon: 4
Kibago, Ononokusu, Reshiram, Zekrom

Rock: 2
Dangoro, Gigaiasu

Bug: 2
Kurumiru, Denchura

Ghost: 1
Desukan

Poison: 1
Tamagetake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)