Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Generation 6 is going to be on the same continent as this one?

Since its a new ecosystem and all, they'd need to establish the basic stuff like Red and Blue did. I can see the next game being like Gold and Silver and introducing more duel typed pokemon, and maybe something else really new?

The Ice Cream probably has good stats since it has 3 stages, and hopefully it gets another typeing on his final evo.

Gonna make a new hail stall team!!!

How many pokemon do you not know assuming melkor is right on all his lists of new teams?
Over 80-90 i think, not counting alternate forms or evolutions/pre evos for the pokemons we know includeing the Squid pokemon and those revealed by Melkor.
So as you can see there could be alot more dual typed pokemons than you think...

@ Dragon Tail Controversy:

Personally, I think it will just be a Dragon-typed Iron Tail with negative priority. This is probably the simplest way to keep it reasonable and GF has never made anything blatantly broken before.

I'm really liking Jyanobii now after seeing it's official art, just holding out hope that the final evolution will get a secondary dragon, electric, or psychic typing. Futachimaru's official art OTOH, while having a cool pose, just confirmed that horrid color scheme. It's like they just threw on two default shades of blue when it clearly should have been white! And come on, it's the "Training Pokemon" and uses Shell Blades, but it isn't a fighting type??

I dont know, we have SR dont we?
Dragon Tail can be just as broken, hopefully not every dragon and its mother will learn it...but i doubt it will be that good.

Also Shell Blade is a Water type move, if we were to apply that logic to Leaf Blade then Sceptile should have been Grass/Fighting.

Well the Deer pokemon will change forms, the regional starter bird will get one to and the Normal/Psychic EVENT legendary pokemon will get one.

Those are the only Normal types i know of that get a secondary form.
But expect alot more pokemons to get secondary forms this generation... GameFreak is realy milking this feature.
I wonder what effect this will have on the metagame since Shaymin-S is Uber dispite the horrid typeing it has.

We have loads of 3 stagers already. Pretty cool, IMO.

I'm glad Rankurusu got pre-evos. Hopefully they're available early.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I dont know, we have SR dont we?
Dragon Tail can be just as broken, hopefully not every dragon and its mother will learn it...but i doubt it will be that good.

Also Shell Blade is a Water type move, if we were to apply that logic to Leaf Blade then Sceptile should have been Grass/Fighting.
People thought Mijimaru's final evolution would be Water/Fighting is because its first evolution (from the beta art for the anime) was based on a samurai, and because it was shown using Revenge, not because of Shell Blade.

Upstart

Copy Cat
I think it is weird that they are going to have alot of alternate forms like the psychic fire hihidurma but no split evolutions. And alternate fighting water type starter anyone? THat would be so sweet

@ Dragon Tail Controversy:

Personally, I think it will just be a Dragon-typed Iron Tail with negative priority. This is probably the simplest way to keep it reasonable and GF has never made anything blatantly broken before.

I'm really liking Jyanobii now after seeing it's official art, just holding out hope that the final evolution will get a secondary dragon, electric, or psychic typing. Futachimaru's official art OTOH, while having a cool pose, just confirmed that horrid color scheme. It's like they just threw on two default shades of blue when it clearly should have been white! And come on, it's the "Training Pokemon" and uses Shell Blades, but it isn't a fighting type??
Dragon Tail forces a switch(no more details known), while Iron Tail doesn´t. So yeah. EDIT: Forget what I said. I get your point now. Yeah, that way, it could even miss --> not too broken.

As for the Water/Fighting thing: While it would be awesome battling-wise, it wouldn´t go along with the Samurai theme. Fighting is Brute Force in Pokemon and hand-to-hand combat, while the samurai relied on their weapons(which weren´t only swords) and aren´t all "chop down everything".
If you watched some Samurai movies or anime or maybe even sword training videos, you´ll see that sword fighting =/= brute force, but watching your opponent´s movement and counter respectively(flowing movements) like flowing water.

Yeah, sounds cheesy, but that´s basically what I saw in the aforementioned sources. You go with the flow of the battle instead of creating it yourself(that´s more like the samurai cliche, right?).

Also YAY! for icecream-mon^^ Gen V is awesome.

Nah, something like alternate starter types would have been mentioned/leaked by now.

Alternate Ability's throught the Dream World maybe but alternate typeings for starters probably wont happen this generation.

Or maybe it could happen in Pokemon Gray/MagmaRuby/AquaSaphire.

Hey guys, has anyone considered the possibility that Ononokusu is Kibago's 1st stage evo? I mean, judging by its size, and overall design (quite simple really) I think it could possible evolve again.

Also as a fan of fighting Pokemon I am really loving this gen. Though, I dunno why they are creating so many.

Hey guys, has anyone considered the possibility that Ononokusu is Kibago's 1st stage evo? I mean, judging by its size, and overall design (quite simple really) I think it could possible evolve again.

Also as a fan of fighting Pokemon I am really loving this gen. Though, I dunno why they are creating so many.

Ononokusu is the final form.

Anyway, 5'11'' is too big for the stage 1 evolution.

People thought Mijimaru's final evolution would be Water/Fighting is because its first evolution (from the beta art for the anime) was based on a samurai, and because it was shown using Revenge, not because of Shell Blade.
Exactly.

It just seems very strange to give it all these characteristics and hints of a fighting type, let alone revenge, a fighting type move relatively exclusive to Fighters (2/3 of the Pokemon that learn Revenge are Fighting-typed) and then keep it a stupid pure water type.

Anyway, Denchura is now officially my favorite 5th Gen. Pokemon. That thing is going on my in-game team ASAP along with fellow epic Pokemon Wooguru and Meguroko. It's design is so amazing, and we finally get another compoundeyes abuser It could learn Glare and Hypnosis too! :naughty:
It just needs some good Sp.Atk to abuse Thunder and decent speed, or bulk in Glare's case.

Deathkhan was a huge dissapointment for me though. I was really hoping for a part Rock or Steel typing and an option to have levitate. It would have been perfect for SS Teams. With such an awesome design that clearly hinted at several secondary types, why would we need another pure ghost??

GF seems to be saving all the good Typings for the Legendaries, which just further increases the gap in power between them...

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
As for the Water/Fighting thing: While it would be awesome battling-wise, it wouldn´t go along with the Samurai theme. Fighting is Brute Force in Pokemon and hand-to-hand combat, while the samurai relied on their weapons(which weren´t only swords) and aren´t all "chop down everything".
If you watched some Samurai movies or anime or maybe even sword training videos, you´ll see that sword fighting =/= brute force, but watching your opponent´s movement and counter respectively(flowing movements) like flowing water.

Yeah, sounds cheesy, but that´s basically what I saw in the aforementioned sources. You go with the flow of the battle instead of creating it yourself(that´s more like the samurai cliche, right?).
Now tell that to our inner children :(

What about Gallade? I'm pretty sure it is fighting with it's elbowswords, some could argue that other fighting type pokemon are also not all about brute force (think Croagunk, Infernape, Lucario), neither are all fighting type moves (Focus Punch, Focus Blast, Aura Sphere, Counter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)