Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Emonga is a Basic only. Seems a bit weird... if there's a 6th Gen we'll probably see it evolve.

But it has good typing... lol, looking forward to seeing if this little flying squirrel will end up playing in OU!

Pokexperto update:

588: New Bug Pokémon. Pure Bug Type. Fanart by Hiro

And a no-numbered silouette (the rumoured Ghost/Water?)

Hmmm there is a two stage Bug/Poison myriapod pokemon but i dont think all of its pre-evos are of the same typeing.

Also i do hope that is the Water/Ghost pokemon, thou it doesnt look exactly like the sprite we saw in the poke musical. Could be wrong since it was dressed up and the picture was blurry.

EDIT: My bad, the low part of the boddy matches that of the Squids, so this could be it.

As for the Water/Fighting thing: While it would be awesome battling-wise, it wouldn´t go along with the Samurai theme. Fighting is Brute Force in Pokemon and hand-to-hand combat, while the samurai relied on their weapons(which weren´t only swords) and aren´t all "chop down everything".
If you watched some Samurai movies or anime or maybe even sword training videos, you´ll see that sword fighting =/= brute force, but watching your opponent´s movement and counter respectively(flowing movements) like flowing water.

Yeah, sounds cheesy, but that´s basically what I saw in the aforementioned sources. You go with the flow of the battle instead of creating it yourself(that´s more like the samurai cliche, right?).
You make excellent points, (And yes I'm a fan of Samurai, Anime, and Kendo, Seven Samurai is one of my favorite movies) but I would argue that Gallade personifies this very style you've described. It's Pokedex entries even describe it as behaving in the ways of Bushido; ("A master of courtesy and swordsmanship, it fights using extending swords on it's elbows." - Diamond/Pearl). It is also described as reading the foes mind and predicting their movements to out-maneuver them. One of it's signature moves is also feint, a tactical skill to gain an opening and throw an enemy off guard. I wouldn't say all fighting types rely on brute force.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I am just so amazed with Denchura..I wonder if it has any match of its character...its my favorite these days...however just cannot stop from saying could not Deathkhan be a better..I expected something where it lacked the main interest captivating thing for me
And in English please?

And guise. Breaking or starting move exculsivity along with other trends does not bother GF, and something knowing a move that is so much as 'relatively' exclusive. I'm pretty sure that, aside from the special move tutors (elemental Hyper Beams, as Jirachi can learn Draco Meteor, and Arceus doesn't forget it whn you change plates), every move can be learned by more than one type. Machamp can learn fucking Flamethrower. Does that make it a Fire-type? No. Rhyperior learning Surf doesn't make it water type. Revenge really fits in with the Samurai thing as the generic 'Asian martial art' strategy is to use your oppenents momentum against them. That's the reason Miju learns it, not because its fighting type.

We have no confirmation that Miju3 isn't Water/Fighting, but it has been designed as a Samurai. Look at the current Fighting types:

Primeape, Machamp, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, Hariyama, Medicham, Lucario, Poliwrath, Heracross, Blaziken, Breloom, Infernape, Toxicroak and Gallade.

All of those, except perhaps Lucario (due to the whole 'aura' gimmick), use brute force as they are fighters. Not Samurais. The closest thing we have to that so far is Gallade, which is meant as a fighter. But Gallade has the primary type of Psychic.

In pokemon, Psychic types often have a sort of 'medium' through which they direct their attacks - see Alakazam's spoons, Hypno's medal, Espeon's jewel, Gardevoir's chest plate, Grumpig's jewels and many others. What, perhaps, could Miju3 use to channel psychic power - its horn. Psychic Surfing Unicorn pokemon.

Has there been any word on the new Polar Bearish pokemon? I was so pumped when I heard about this, but there hasn't been any talk of it lately :o

The little tick/bedbug Pokemon that was just shown in Hiro's fanart apparently evolves into:

589: Knight Bug Pokémon. A knight with an armor, spears and helmet. Main body is based on previous bug. Bug / Steel Type.
It is a decent enough typing, but we already have quite a few Bug/Steels... do we really need 4, 5, however many more this Gen?

And in English please?
So... my favorite DENCHURA...

It... cute... lovely... smart... unbearably... plus... amazing... oh... you think so?... Too much... wild... beautiful... kindly... love it!

Hug it... when... sleeping... warm and cuddly... Oh, and... spectacular... ravishing... simply divine...

Oops! Look at the time! I've kept you too long!

This gen seems to be really hit and miss to me. I'm split about 50/50 as to ones I like and hate.

Hopefully Meguroko, Shimama and the monkeys have some decent evos. The legendaries sound promising too.

Mainly I just hope that the sprites look much much better than the majority of the art we've been getting, because I'm really not convinced atm :s

And in English please?

And guise. Breaking or starting move exculsivity along with other trends does not bother GF, and something knowing a move that is so much as 'relatively' exclusive. I'm pretty sure that, aside from the special move tutors (elemental Hyper Beams, as Jirachi can learn Draco Meteor, and Arceus doesn't forget it whn you change plates), every move can be learned by more than one type. Machamp can learn fucking Flamethrower. Does that make it a Fire-type? No. Rhyperior learning Surf doesn't make it water type. Revenge really fits in with the Samurai thing as the generic 'Asian martial art' strategy is to use your oppenents momentum against them. That's the reason Miju learns it, not because its fighting type.

We have no confirmation that Miju3 isn't Water/Fighting, but it has been designed as a Samurai. Look at the current Fighting types:

Primeape, Machamp, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, Hariyama, Medicham, Lucario, Poliwrath, Heracross, Blaziken, Breloom, Infernape, Toxicroak and Gallade.

All of those, except perhaps Lucario (due to the whole 'aura' gimmick), use brute force as they are fighters. Not Samurais. The closest thing we have to that so far is Gallade, which is meant as a fighter. But Gallade has the primary type of Psychic.

In pokemon, Psychic types often have a sort of 'medium' through which they direct their attacks - see Alakazam's spoons, Hypno's medal, Espeon's jewel, Gardevoir's chest plate, Grumpig's jewels and many others. What, perhaps, could Miju3 use to channel psychic power - its horn. Psychic Surfing Unicorn pokemon.
I agree with your post, but since when does Gardevoir attacks with her chest...?

New to the forums, been reading through and thought I'd register to comment.

I've got to say, if those are the starters and their evos, they'll be going right in Someone's PC as soon as they can. I'll be finding something else as soon as possible, although knowing my luck I'll probably unwittingly end up with Gen V's version of Bidoof.

The grass one is the only one I'd consider, but I fancy something different after being so disappointed by Torterra in Platinum. I'm drawn to the pig just because everyone seems to hate it, but fighting is my least favourite type.

I don't think we've had a uniformly good set of starter families since generation one. There have been a few nice ones like Feraligator and Empoleon, but every set has something to put you off. A lot of the time it seems like not a lot of thought goes in to the character design. Maybe that's a western perspective though, and they look awesome to everyone in Japan. Even though Bulbasaur was my least favourite starter in Gen I, I'd love to be able to start with one now.

I do think a lot more effort needs to be put in on the aesthetics side, especially on the lower level pokemon. The legendaries always seem to be on the money, but when it comes to things like bidoof and whatever that weird blue thing posted above is, you get the feeling that from Gen III and up the design has been pretty lazy. Not in all cases, but definitely in at least half of the pokemon.

Anyway, just my two cents. I'm not trying to be one of those first generation purists; I do actually think the games have gotten progressively better. I'd much rather play Platinum and most probably B&W than one of the older ones.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Denchura's only 0.8 meters long? Blast, I was hoping for a gigantic 2.5 meter spider, but it still looks awesome. If this thing learns Hypnosis and has a decent special attack (91% accurate Thunder ^_^), Denchura's replacing Scizor as my favorite mon.

User 40136

Banned deucer.
This gen seems to be really hit and miss to me. I'm split about 50/50 as to ones I like and hate.

Hopefully Meguroko, Shimama and the monkeys have some decent evos. The legendaries sound promising too.

Mainly I just hope that the sprites look much much better than the majority of the art we've been getting, because I'm really not convinced atm :s

For me its 99/1 split.

I love everything but the final evos to the starters

The little tick/bedbug Pokemon that was just shown in Hiro's fanart apparently evolves into:

It is a decent enough typing, but we already have quite a few Bug/Steels... do we really need 4, 5, however many more this Gen?
Its either SR resistant typeing or good stats/typeing/abilitys that make Bugs viable in OU.
Its better than nothing.

I don't think we've had a uniformly good set of starter families since generation one. There have been a few nice ones like Feraligator and Empoleon, but every set has something to put you off. A lot of the time it seems like not a lot of thought goes in to the character design. Maybe that's a western perspective though, and they look awesome to everyone in Japan. Even though Bulbasaur was my least favourite starter in Gen I, I'd love to be able to start with one now.

I do think a lot more effort needs to be put in on the aesthetics side, especially on the lower level pokemon. .
1) Completely agree - I like a few (Typhlosion, Feraligatr, the new grass snake), but on the whole they've gone downhill, even though other new pokemon like Doryuuzu and Desuran look great.
2) I think more effort needs to be put into the battling side as well. Grass, Fire/Fighting and Water are probably the most boring types they could have come up with, even though they spent more time on the starters than anything else.
I'm hoping for Grass/Steel, Fire/Dragon and Water/Fighting for Gen VI :)

I agree completely. And I have high hopes for Meguroko's evolutions.

And "Bonersahoy" is right about the Legendary Designs. They just get more epic every generation, while more and more "regular" Pokemon have crappy/lazy designs. Although personally, I think Gen. 4 was the pinnacle of the Starters designs, both aesthetically and competitevely.

So... my favorite DENCHURA...

It... cute... lovely... smart... unbearably... plus... amazing... oh... you think so?... Too much... wild... beautiful... kindly... love it!

Hug it... when... sleeping... warm and cuddly... Oh, and... spectacular... ravishing... simply divine...

Oops! Look at the time! I've kept you too long!
haha. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Hoping for some more sweet new type combinations! Now we're getting a water/ghost and a fire/ghost (apparently), it'd be nice if we saw some more fire and electric type combinations, like electric/ice or electric/fighting and fire/poison or fire/water!

I agree completely. And I have high hopes for Meguroko's evolutions.

And "Bonersahoy" is right about the Legendary Designs. They just get more epic every generation, while more and more "regular" Pokemon have crappy/lazy designs. Although personally, I think Gen. 4 was the pinnacle of the Starters designs, both aesthetically and competitevely.
Competitively, yes. It says a lot that it is the only generation with 2 starters in OU right now, with the other solidly in UU. Only three starters across all gens are even in OU just now. The fact that one of the starters in DP almost single handedly destroyed SkarmBliss is another good point. In Advance, weren't all 3 starters from RSE in OU, actually? Still, they're not there today.

Aesthetically, I'm not sure. I have a lot of time and love for the RSE starter evolutions.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
I agree with your post, but since when does Gardevoir attacks with her chest...?
She doesn't attack with it, but that is probably the source of Gardevoir's power - it stays the same (though moves) throughout its evolution, from Ralts - Kirlia - Gardevoir.

And Wichu, is that Rapidash Fetish man's speech?

I missed all the news of the past few days. Just saw the starter evos in CoroCoro. Without a doubt the worst set of starters ever conceived, including fakes. Seriously, GF have hired absolute morons to design these things. Pokabu's evolutions... what the fuck, why? The other two look pretty good at second stage, but having seen what they become... WHY?

Denchura does look excellent, though - Compoundeyes + Thunder and/or Megahorn is awesome, and it may get Hydro Pump or Blizzard as well. But I can't be too please about it because of the utterly fucking shittily horrible disgustingly crappy bollocks starters. ARGH.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
I missed all the news of the past few days. Just saw the starter evos in CoroCoro. Without a doubt the worst set of starters ever conceived, including fakes. Seriously, GF have hired absolute morons to design these things. Pokabu's evolutions... what the fuck, why? The other two look pretty good at second stage, but having seen what they become... WHY?

Denchura does look excellent, though - Compoundeyes + Thunder and/or Megahorn is awesome, and it may get Hydro Pump or Blizzard as well. But I can't be too please about it because of the utterly fucking shittily horrible disgustingly crappy bollocks starters. ARGH.
Those sprites, fortunately for Pokabu, aren't confirmed, though the pokemon likely are.

Now that almost everyone has gotten over the starter evos,i`d like to point out a pokemon which can be gamebreaking...the pseudolegend

If a Dark/Dragon type,it means

4x weaknesses - none
2x weaknesses - Dragon,Fighting,Ice,Bug

2x resistances - Fire,Grass,water,electric,ghost,dark
immunities - Psychic

If it is like beldum and has no egg moves,it may be a standard, but having access to outrage and draco meteor already make it very strong...and the wonderful dragon typing ,resistance to pursuit and neutrality to SR too

I wonder if this implies a change in the type effectiveness chart or else good luck taking it down if it has decent defensive stats

Well i decided to get back on track with the B/W news after a long time of not paying attention to it...

And I literally facepalmed when i saw the Fire starter evolved into yet another Fire/Fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)