Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want to speculate on the stat distribution of the Dark/Dragon pseudo-legendary?

I'm predicting 80/135/90/100/90/105. Faster than Garchomp, but with not as broken STABs, so hopefully it would balance it in the end.
I think it was said somewhere that we will get a defensive pseudo dragon.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
All right so if I attempt to play a Japanese B&W on my DSi, it won't get region locked if I've already played american games on it, right?
It's an estimation that it will be region locked. play-asia isn't 100% sure. If you try to play and it's region locked, it will say there's no game inserted. I think. Or that won't be able to play it.

Well what I meant to ask is that it won't get region locked so that I can only play Japanese games on my DSi if I've already played american games like HG/SS on it, right? Cause they said it might work but they're not sure if it will, so I wanted to try it out first (I have a DS Phat if it doesn't work, anyway).

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ooookay. Didn´t notice. Sorry about that.

@respiration Japanese B/W only works on Japanese DSi but on any DS/DSLite. That summarizes it.
play-asia said that it might be locked. Not that it is.

Well what I meant to ask is that it won't get region locked so that I can only play Japanese games on my DSi if I've already played american games like HG/SS on it, right? Cause they said it might work but they're not sure if it will, so I wanted to try it (I have a DS Phat if it doesn't work, anyway).
Yes, you can play games from whatever region you want. It doesn't matter if you have played other region games on it before.

play-asia said that it might be locked. Not that it is.
Yeah. I read it just now(in my E-mail from play-asia) I´m pretty sure it IS locked, tough. I mean, it´s Pokemon. The one game series that hates countries other than Japan the most. If we look at event distributions ;)(well, here is talking about Austria, but w/e).

But right, it isn´t 100%.

I hope we get a few more priority moves this gen. Fire and Electric could use them. Dragon, too ;D
I think Aerial Ace, Shock Wave, and Swift should just be made into priority moves (Shadow Punch already has Shadow Sneak instead). If ampharos gets Tail Glow it could finally be viable with a +2 Shock Wave! I know their whole theme is to have perfect accuracy but that's pretty useless with such low base power. Besides, their descriptions and titles make perfect sense as priority moves.

I actually thought Aerial Ace was a priority attack for the longest time until my staravia was finally outsped before using it when I first got Diamond. I was like wth, the move description says something like "A blindingly fast attack that always strikes first. Heck, Winona even tells you her Aerial Ace TM always strikes first. Sure fooled me back then.

It's a penis and balls

that's the joke

it's really dumb and unless they're silhouettes I never notice it
Ya, I never noticed the sexual innuendos on them either, even when unseen them asking in Sootopolis City, but unlike to keep my innocence in pokemon and believe that they don't actually place referances towards sexual parts. But anyway,

Yeah, this will probably be the best Gen to Nuzlocke since there are no fucking Geodudes and Zigzagoons to ruin everything own way.
I am really hoping for an answer on this, what do you mean by "nuzlocking" and the whole geodude/zigzagoon thing?

And sorry for being a noob on this, but what is the whole region locked thing about?

@Frost Nocturne I´d be okay with Aerial Ace, but Shock Wave and Swift having priority doesn´t make sense to me. I know, it´s Pokemon, where common sense goes flying or something, but I´d still like rto have electric priority that actually sounds fast. Bolt Dash anyone?:

@omnipresent Nuzlocke challenge is a "Hard game mode". You give yourself some rules and play the game. Most notably, your fainted Pokemod "die"(i.e. you release them). There´s a thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68998

Below: Spring 2011, probably.

again, i ask my question:
when are the English versions going to be released? I don't want to play a Japanese game I like but don't understand. (i'm still learning the language :/)

@Nestle: Water could use a special priority move. That way things like Swampert and Empoleon would be better.

@Adm. Empoleon: Aqua Jet.

And I'm pretty sure it'll be released in next Spring (not sure what month though). GF has been following this timeline recently (release game late in the year in Japan, then release it in the spring in america)

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
Does that Lamprey-line have three stages? It sounds that way according to pokejungle. #602, that small fish, is also Electric. What does Melkor say?
And now that I noticed, I don't think we have a centipede pokemon, do we?
Yeah, we do. It's after the Kurumiru line.

@Frost Nocturne I´d be okay with Aerial Ace, but Shock Wave and Swift having priority doesn´t make sense to me. I know, it´s Pokemon, where common sense goes flying or something, but I´d still like rto have electric priority that actually sounds fast. Bolt Dash anyone?:

@omnipresent Nuzlocke challenge is a "Hard game mode". You give yourself some rules and play the game. Most notably, your fainted Pokemod "die"(i.e. you release them). There´s a thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68998

Below: Spring 2011, probably.
Ahhhhhh I see. Lol that makes so much sense I've always wondered why after using explosion, how it can survive lol. Or most of the crap that pokemon take. But I digress.

Superjocke: ah, I meant before gen five tho. But I still didn't know gen five had one so thanks.

I hope most the pokemon that are not "official" keep their art look.

@Adm. Empoleon: Aqua Jet.

And I'm pretty sure it'll be released in next Spring (not sure what month though). GF has been following this timeline recently (release game late in the year in Japan, then release it in the spring in america)
I'm almost positive that I read somewhere that we get English version officially in April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)