Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I finally did everything correctly and got my shiny Staryu thanks to Riski. She's awesome and has been extremely generous and helpful. Thanks again. I wanted to try doing the RNG for IV's now. I was reading through her guide of that, and it said that I would have to know both of the parents IV's, which I didn't write down prior to depositing them. My question is this: If I take them out of the daycare to write down their stats and whatnot, will that disrupt anything going on? The egg is obviously going to be shiny with the correct ability and nature, but I just don't want to risk messing anything up (If taking the parents out will mess the process up).

I finally did everything correctly and got my shiny Staryu thanks to Riski. She's awesome and has been extremely generous and helpful. Thanks again. I wanted to try doing the RNG for IV's now. I was reading through her guide of that, and it said that I would have to know both of the parents IV's, which I didn't write down prior to depositing them. My question is this: If I take them out of the daycare to write down their stats and whatnot, will that disrupt anything going on? The egg is obviously going to be shiny with the correct ability and nature, but I just don't want to risk messing anything up (If taking the parents out will mess the process up).
Well, you can't take the parents out until you pick up the egg, so in theory, you could pick up the egg, take the parents out check their IV's, turn the game off without saving.
That won't mess anything up, as long as you saved before picking the egg up in general.

Well, you can't take the parents out until you pick up the egg, so in theory, you could pick up the egg, take the parents out check their IV's, turn the game off without saving.
That won't mess anything up, as long as you saved before picking the egg up in general.
I have the game saved in front of the old man. And that's basically what I was wondering. Thanks!

Urgent question: Does anyone have a seed that yields a low frame with a Modest Nature? Im trying to breed a flawless shiny Modest Bibarel. I need so I can get a Shiny Bibarel before I staring abusing for IVs.

Here's my info:

Seed: 6B140275
Time: 20:02:15
Date: 9/10/2010
Delay: 619
Frame: 14
31|A|31|A|31|A

Parents:
A: Syberia's Flawless Modest Japanese Ditto
B: Random Bibarel

Urgent question: Does anyone have a seed that yields a low frame with a Modest Nature? Im trying to breed a flawless shiny Modest Bibarel. I need so I can get a Shiny Bibarel before I staring abusing for IVs.

Here's my info:

Seed: 6B140275
Time: 20:02:15
Date: 9/10/2010
Delay: 619
Frame: 14
31|A|31|A|31|A

Parents:
A: Syberia's Flawless Modest Japanese Ditto
B: Random Bibarel
Uhm.
You find it yourself *refers to shiny egg tab*

I want to RNG a raikou when setting it free in the burned tower on EUROPEAN(!) hearthgold. There are two uncertainties I want to clear up before I start.

1. The step you take to activate te release does that step advance the frame? (you are walking in a cave so it should right)

2. Is raikou in the european version 1 frame or 6 frames?

Thank you very much.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I want to RNG a raikou when setting it free in the burned tower on EUROPEAN(!) hearthgold. There are two uncertainties I want to clear up before I start.

1. The step you take to activate te release does that step advance the frame? (you are walking in a cave so it should right) it does not

2. Is raikou in the european version 1 frame or 6 frames?
frame 6, it's posted on the second post on the first page.
Thank you very much.

I know it's on the first post, but it also said somewhere on smogon that in the european version it might be the other way around, are you sure it isn't?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I know it's on the first post, but it also said somewhere on smogon that in the european version it might be the other way around, are you sure it isn't?
unless you find that post that says it is the other way around then go by what it says on the post.

I am trying to RNG for the Arceus Event Giratina in HG. I followed the directions at the bottom of the second post in this thread. When I went about finding my starting frame, I thought that I would test it twice, just to be sure. On my first try, I got a starting frame of 14, and on my second the starting frame was 12.

I don't know why they are different. In both trials, I started a step away from the main office in the ruins, and walked the shortest possible path. Beside the fact that each trial was done with a different seed, I didn't change anything. At this point my best guess is that there were wandering NPCs that moved in the instant before I took the step that triggered the event.

Or rather than save in front of the office, would saving directly in front of the tile you step on to get Giratina produce a more consistant starting frame? I'm hesitant to try this, as I would be stuck until I completed the event, and I don't know for sure that the frame would be any more consistant.

I've tried searching around for answers to these problems, but the closest thing I can find is the guide in the second post. So I'd appreciate it if anyone who has had experience with this can answer my questions.

Cassie

giant claw
What does the RNG reporter mean by certain Elm responses are skipped? I know I'm hitting really close to my selected seed but I never get any responses, even after I put +-99 for delays and +-5 seconds since I'm using pikatimer. Since I have all three roamers out, does that mean the first three calls get skipped or?

What does the RNG reporter mean by certain Elm responses are skipped? I know I'm hitting really close to my selected seed but I never get any responses, even after I put +-99 for delays and +-5 seconds since I'm using pikatimer. Since I have all three roamers out, does that mean the first three calls get skipped or?
When the roamers are roaming, they skip a few calls in the beginning. So say your spread required K,K,P,E,E,P. And the roamers made you skip K,K,P. You first call to look for would be E, followed by E, P.

Cassie

giant claw
When the roamers are roaming, they skip a few calls in the beginning. So say your spread required K,K,P,E,E,P. And the roamers made you skip K,K,P. You first call to look for would be E, followed by E, P.
Ohhh. I was wondering why I couldn't get anything in the reporter when the roamer locations were really close. Thanks!

I need help. I'm going to starty new game in Emerald soon. I need to learn how to find my Secret ID. I had a AR for the DS. I just need to code for it.

Ohhh. I was wondering why I couldn't get anything in the reporter when the roamer locations were really close. Thanks!
Make sure you enter the roamer locations as well as this will makes things much faster because you only need like 4 or 5 calls im pretty sure

@Kefka: Just do a simple google search as AR codes are not to be discussed on this entire forum.

Cassie

giant claw
Is it easier without the roamers? It is kinda confusing on how those work, so should I defeat them and then try to RNG?

Is it easier without the roamers? It is kinda confusing on how those work, so should I defeat them and then try to RNG?

I think its easier but if learn how to do it with them RNGing is faster becuase of the less calls you have to make to verify your seed.

@Kefka: Just giving you a heads up as the moderators will give you a warning which is not good. Also just go to the simple questions/requests thread and ask if someone will find you SID for you. It might take a while but...

I am trying to RNG for the Arceus Event Giratina in HG. I followed the directions at the bottom of the second post in this thread. When I went about finding my starting frame, I thought that I would test it twice, just to be sure. On my first try, I got a starting frame of 14, and on my second the starting frame was 12.

I don't know why they are different. In both trials, I started a step away from the main office in the ruins, and walked the shortest possible path. Beside the fact that each trial was done with a different seed, I didn't change anything. At this point my best guess is that there were wandering NPCs that moved in the instant before I took the step that triggered the event.

Or rather than save in front of the office, would saving directly in front of the tile you step on to get Giratina produce a more consistant starting frame? I'm hesitant to try this, as I would be stuck until I completed the event, and I don't know for sure that the frame would be any more consistant.

I've tried searching around for answers to these problems, but the closest thing I can find is the guide in the second post. So I'd appreciate it if anyone who has had experience with this can answer my questions.
I save in the very centre of the circle where you choose one of the three baby legendaries. Once you save there, you have to finish your RNG project, because you're stuck there until you do, but you will get consistent starting frames if you save there.

I'm currently trying to RNG for IV's at the moment. I've changed my time to 07/03/2010 at 23:51:00 (I'm trying to hit 23:51:50). I'm having a problem getting all my calls to match up at the moment. I'm currently trying to get on my 28th frame (which is Elm:K, HP:31, Attack:B, Defense:B, SPA:31, SPD:A and Speed:31). I'm having trouble getting the calls to match up. I can only hit my first call (which is Pokerus) but I can't seem to get any other matches other than that. Is this happening because I'm just pressing my A button to slow?

I'm currently trying to RNG for IV's at the moment. I've changed my time to 07/03/2010 at 23:51:00 (I'm trying to hit 23:51:50). I'm having a problem getting all my calls to match up at the moment. I'm currently trying to get on my 28th frame (which is Elm:K, HP:31, Attack:B, Defense:B, SPA:31, SPD:A and Speed:31). I'm having trouble getting the calls to match up. I can only hit my first call (which is Pokerus) but I can't seem to get any other matches other than that. Is this happening because I'm just pressing my A button to slow?
Uhm, check your calls and find out.

when the journal pops up, but has no captured/defeated pokemon. (Just flew to solcean town for instance). Does the frame advance ? if so by how many?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)