The Everything NFL Thread - 2010 Season

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hasselbeck needs to retire WHAT????
18/23 for 170 Yards with 2 TDs and 1 INT

Accurate yes, but other than that it's pretty average. Let's see him maintain that with 40-50 attempts in a game when the other team isn't self-destructing and he actually has to try. I still think he needs to retire, but that's just my opinion.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, so I was reading up on this story about the female reporter in the Jets' locker room. At first I was like "oh ok Jets being cocky again", but then I saw this picture of the reporter, Ines Sainz:

And then I was like "oh."

Apparently it seems she didnt even say anything, it was another reporter who saw what was going on and reported it to the Man hater club.

Anyway, I wish just one day we could send Justin Timberlake into a WNBA locker room (which ever one of them isnt filled with the most butch lesbos) and lets see which ones make passes at him so he can complain and make a big deal

Its ok, all the NFL players are just loling bc they know she just shows up to get laid.

"I was just there waiting for Mark Sanchez"

Waiting to get some ass right?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
This is the same woman who has said something to the effect of "I don't see the problem with using your body to your advantage. If you're a sexy female reporter, you should use it!"

Why is a WOMAN in a MEN'S locker room in the first place? You don't see male reporters going into female locker rooms do you? This whole thing has been completely twisted and blown up the wrong way.

Of course, I had alot of fun looking at more pictures of this reporter. Sweet baby JESUS she has a nice trunk!

This is the same woman who has said something to the effect of "I don't see the problem with using your body to your advantage. If you're a sexy female reporter, you should use it!"

Why is a WOMAN in a MEN'S locker room in the first place? You don't see male reporters going into female locker rooms do you? This whole thing has been completely twisted and blown up the wrong way.

Of course, I had alot of fun looking at more pictures of this reporter. Sweet baby JESUS she has a nice trunk!
Pretty much my thoughts, when I first heard it, I was like "dumb bitch, what do you expect if you're hanging out in a MEN'S locker room, where they happen to be showering/changing NAKED?" Really to me, it's just as much her dumb fault for hanging out there waiting on Sanchez (hello, there are spots outside you can hang around before harassing him as well), and the fact all these feminists then leap onto the scene and trying to turn it into a whole big equal rights issue is also annoying.

Because of the law, women are to have the same access as men if they have the same profession. Also male reporters (as well as coaches, trainers, etc) DO go into women's locker rooms lol. This has never been an issue because both sides are usually professional. However this certain reporter has given a vibe that its ok for the athletes to treat HER that way. And for the most part she enjoys it

Week 1: 4-12

Week 2:
Arizona at Atlanta
Tampa Bay at Carolina
Kansas City at Cleveland
Philadelphia at Detroit
Pittsburgh at Tennessee
Miami at Minnesota
Baltimore at Cincinnati
Chicago at Dallas
Buffalo at Green Bay
St. Louis at Oakland
Seattle at Denver
Jacksonville at San Diego
New England at N.Y. Jets
Houston at Washington
N.Y. Giants at Indianapolis
New Orleans at San Francisco

Because of the law, women are to have the same access as men if they have the same profession. Also male reporters (as well as coaches, trainers, etc) DO go into women's locker rooms lol. This has never been an issue because both sides are usually professional. However this certain reporter has given a vibe that its ok for the athletes to treat HER that way. And for the most part she enjoys it
Like I read somewhere else, they should just close off locker rooms period to the media like in college football. End of controversy, probably even gives the players/coaches a bit of relief right after a game as well instead of being swarmed.

Arizona at Atlanta
Tampa Bay at Carolina
Kansas City at Cleveland
Philadelphia at Detroit
Pittsburgh at Tennessee
Miami at Minnesota
Baltimore at Cincinnati
Chicago at Dallas
Buffalo at Green Bay
St. Louis at Oakland
Seattle at Denver
New England at N.Y. Jets
Houston at Washington

Week 1: 6-10

Week 2:
Arizona at Atlanta
Tampa Bay at Carolina
Kansas City at Cleveland
Philadelphia at Detroit
Pittsburgh at Tennessee
Miami at Minnesota
Baltimore at Cincinnati
Chicago at Dallas
Buffalo at Green Bay
St. Louis at Oakland
Seattle at Denver
New England at N.Y. Jets
Houston at Washington

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Week 1: 10-6

Arizona at Atlanta
Tampa Bay at Carolina
Kansas City at Cleveland
Philadelphia at Detroit
Pittsburgh at Tennessee
Miami at Minnesota
Baltimore at Cincinnati
Chicago at Dallas
Buffalo at Green Bay
St. Louis at Oakland
Seattle at Denver
New England at N.Y. Jets
Houston at Washington

Everyone hatin on Pittsburgh :(

Last week: No clue, never checked. Might edit in later if I bother looking

Arizona at Atlanta - Need the Cards to start a losing streak, because my Niners really have nasty upcoming dates with the Saints and Eagles.

Tampa Bay at Carolina - Both teams are rather bad, but I'll go with TB, they seem to be on the rebound.

Kansas City at Cleveland - Even Holgrem can't save the Browns in his first year, and since Delahome looks to be out, they will struggle even more.

Philadelphia at Detroit - Lol Lions, no Stafford to act as their mini savior anymore. Though for what it's worth, I've been a Shaun Hill fan when he was with the Niners, granted they didn't produce hugely, but at least he won't throw 2+ picks a game like the crap Smith does.

Pittsburgh at Tennessee - Bit of a tough call, but what it'll come down to for both sides I think is the running game, which the Steelers lack and the Titans have.

Miami at Minnesota - Upset pick here, simply because I like seeing Favre falter after all this Favrewatch crap. More realistically, it's clear from the Saints game Favre doesn't have anything to throw do, and as long as Miami can contain Peterson, it'll be a win for them.

Baltimore at Cincinnati - Palmer still ain't that good, and the Baltmore defense is even tougher than what they faced down against the Patriots.

Chicago at Dallas - Fuck Cowboys. I know it probably won't happen, but I'd love for Cutler to rip their defense to shreds.

Buffalo at Green Bay - Obvious pick, Buffalo isn't going anywhere this season.

St. Louis at Oakland - Bradford will be solid...one day. Even a "mediocre" QB like Campbell should have some nice success against the Ram's crappy defense; the fact they barely limited the Cardinals's offense led by a lame QB named Anderson says so.

Seattle at Denver - Yeah I pretty much want all potential NFC West rivals to lose, even if it means picking the Broncos to win this one.

Jacksonville at San Diego - Another "shouldn't lose" match that, at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if the Chargers blow.

New England at N.Y. Jets - Fuck Patriots. Rex Ryan isn't kissing your rings anytime soon, and hopefully we'll see a bit more spark on the Jets offense.

Houston at Washington - I'd love Washington to win, but heart says that while they can fuck with Romo enough, they won due to a dumb mistake by one of the the Dallas players. And Houston has a far more explosive offense.

N.Y. Giants at Indianapolis - Manning Bowl 2 right? Indy needs to get on track if they want to make it to the postseason and deny the Texans the conference title.

New Orleans at San Francisco - Yes, I know the Saints will win. But it'd be blasphemous as a Niners fan to say otherwise and not pick them to win. It would be a great upset for sure though...sigh.

last week: 11-5, big dog on smogon

Cardinals (second tossup of the week, people are severely overrating the Falcons)
Ravens
Chiefs
Bears
Packers
Dolphins
Bucaneers
Seahawks (actually think the Broncos will win, but being disciplined is up to me so sticking with the Seahawks)
Patriots (tossup of the week, people are severely underrating the Jets)
Jaguars
Giants
Saints
Eagles
Rams
Texans ("lock of the week")
Titans

my picks:
WP > o:WP through the Saints (this could burn me, there has never been a week 2 like this in history, so many are on the road)
Eagles because the Lions are fucking incompetent
Rams because at least they can apparently pass
Texans because more things point to them winning this game than any other team in any other game.

havoc

pottlepalooza
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Arizona at Atlanta - Falcons seem both overrated and underrated. they laid an egg against Pittsburgh.
Tampa Bay at Carolina - I think Carolina is just better. not by a bunch, though.
Kansas City at Cleveland - see above
Philadelphia at Detroit - it'll be closer than people think.
Pittsburgh at Tennessee - gut instinct.
Miami at Minnesota - my gut instinct is Miami, but I'll be safe.
Baltimore at Cincinnati - Bengals are a tad underrated, and Palmer's always pretty good against the Ravens.
Chicago at Dallas - please prove me wrong Jay Cutler. please.
Buffalo at Green Bay - the only lock.
St. Louis at Oakland - the worst part here is that someone has to win.
Seattle at Denver - Pete Carroll distances himself a little bit more from USC.
Jacksonville at San Diego - tossup, but I'll take the home team.
New England at N.Y. Jets - Moss may end up on Revis Island, but Welker won't.
Houston at Washington - it's Andre Johnson's turn.
N.Y. Giants at Indianapolis - something tells me the Colts won't be what they've usually been.
WHO DAT at San Francisco - Mike Singletary thanked Pete Carroll, but he's going to be pissed at us.

EDIT: now with comments!

pookar

Banned deucer.
Arizona at Atlanta
Tampa Bay at Carolina
Kansas City at Cleveland
Philadelphia at Detroit
Pittsburgh at Tennessee
Miami at Minnesota
Baltimore at Cincinnati
Chicago at Dallas
Buffalo at Green Bay
St. Louis at Oakland
Seattle at Denver
New England at N.Y. Jets
Houston at Washington

although i didnt pick them, san fran could upset new orleans imo

Arizona at Atlanta
Tampa Bay at Carolina
Kansas City at Cleveland
Philadelphia at Detroit
Pittsburgh at Tennessee
Miami at Minnesota
Baltimore at Cincinnati
Chicago at Dallas
Buffalo at Green Bay
St. Louis at Oakland
Seattle at Denver upset special
New England at N.Y. Jets Fuck the jets
Houston at Washington

Pretty standard. I'm really hoping that Houston performs well this year, they deserved it.

Hmm, my roommate just made a comment about how he wants the Vikings to get a top 5 draft pick now, and I immediately dismissed it as impossible, but looking at their schedule, it seems very real. Observe:

vs Detroit (win, possible loss)
bye
@ Jets (loss)
vs Dallas (loss)
@ Green Bay (loss)
@ New England (loss)
vs Arizona (loss, possible win)
@ Chicago (loss)
vs Green Bay (loss)
@ Washington (loss, possible win)
vs Buffalo (win, possible loss)
vs NY Giants (loss)
vs Chicago (loss, possible win)
@ Philadelphia (loss)
@ Detroit (loss, possible win)

So at best they would be 6-10, and at worst they would be 0-16 (very unlikely but to be honest I wouldn't be surprised). At least the Bears are looking as good as I predicted them to be. Also as usual, my fantasy teams are shit this week =/

Well I was really wrong about Atlanta...but for consolation everyone else was wrong about Carolina and I was right about that. Woooo.

Well I was really wrong about Atlanta...but for consolation everyone else was wrong about Carolina and I was right about that. Woooo.
Uh, quite a few others said TB would beat Panthers...

Vikings are definitely bombing it, they better get their act together soon. And it was nice to see Dallas lose to the Bears :D

Dammit Chris Johnson.
Also, it seems to me that the Jets ENJOY giving aways penalty yards. 125 yards last week, and they already have some stupid unneccessary roughness and taunting penalties. C'mon guys.

havoc

pottlepalooza
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
5-4 so far ugh :/ my gut instinct was to pick Miami AND Chicago for the upsets, but I played it safe and we see what that did...at least I was the only one to get Cincinnati right.

Shinryu, I was talking about the majority in this thread, no need to be so fucking touchy over picks. (Another person took Arizona too, after all)

Though I am not going to try to isolate a pick of the week again, McNabb is still a top 10 quarterback and made me look like an idiot.

5-4 so far ugh :/ my gut instinct was to pick Miami AND Chicago for the upsets, but I played it safe and we see what that did...at least I was the only one to get Cincinnati right.
Yeah, I don't think anyone saw Flaco throwing what, 4 interceptions? lol

And CaptKirby I wasn't being picky, just pointing out that other people had TB beating the Panthers also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)