0.25x

0.50x

1.00x

4.00x

Immunity:

Base Stats: Hp 58 - Atk 109 - Def 112- SAtk 48 - SDef 48 - Spe 109

Abilities:

-Swarm (
When HP is below 1/3rd, Bug’s power increases to 1.5 times)
-Hustle (Damage from physical attacks is 1.5 times, but average accuracy is only 80%)
-Truant (This Pokémon cannot attack consecutively while having this ability.)

Movepool
:

- Egg Moves: Screech - Endure - Rock Climb - Baton Pass - Thunder Fang - Faint Attack

- Level-Up Moves:
Lv1: Vicegrip, Lv1: Sand-Attack, Lv6: Fury Cutter, Lv11: Bite, Lv16: Agility, Lv21: Metal Claw, Lv26: Bug Bite, Lv31: Crunch, Lv36: Iron Head, Lv41: Dig, Lv46: Assemble Crew, Lv51: X-Scissor, Lv56: Iron Defense, Lv61: Guillotine, Lv66: Metal Sound

- Learnable TMs: TM01 - Claw Sharpen, TM06 - Toxic, TM10 - Hidden Power, TM17 - Protect, TM21 - Frustration, TM27 - Return, TM28 - Dig, TM32 - Double Team, TM37 - Sandstorm, TM39 - Rock Tomb, TM40 - Aerial Ace, TM42 - Facade, TM44 - Rest, TM45 - Attract, TM48 - Troll, TM53 - Energy Ball, TM65 - Shadow Claw, TM67 - Get Even,
TM68 - Giga Impact, TM69 - Rock Polish, TM71 - Stone Edge, TM73 - Thunder Wave, TM76 - Bug Resistance, TM80 - Rock Slide, TM81 - X-Scissor, TM87 - Swagger, TM90 - Substitute, TM91 - Flash Cannon, TM94 - Rock Smash, HM01 - Cut, HM04 - Strength

Name - Type - PPs - Power - Accuracy - Description

Assemble Crew: Other Normal 15 --- 100 Makes Target's ability the same as User's.
Troll: Special Normal 15 60 100 Raises Base Power the more Pokemon you have with the attack.
Bug Resistance: Special Bug 20 30 100 May decrease opponent's Special Attack by 1 stage.
Claw Sharpen: Other Dark 15 --- --- Raises Atk and Acc 1 stage.

Claw Sharpen

Aianto @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -Atk)
EVs 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Claw Sharpen
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Baton Pass

This is probably the best set Aianto can run. Claw Sharpen raises Attack and Accuracy by one stage meaning that X-Scissor and Iron Head, its two STAB moves, have 100% chance to hit even when factoring Hustle. With 109 base speed and Hustle + Claw Sharpen boosts Aianto's becomes a very threatening sweeper, OHKOing most of the Pokémon that don't resist its STAB. Even in these situations Aianto can make good use of the last move slot and Baton Pass thise boosts to another physical sweeper.

Other Options:
Stone Edge is a good option to hit harder some opposing Pokémon.
Aianto can also Baton Pass +2 Speed (with Rock Polish/Agility), +2 Defense (with Iron Defense) and Substitutes even if it is outclasse by Scizor.

Commentary:
Aianto is one of the few Pokés able not only to Baton Pass Claw Sharpen boosts but also to abuse them. Despite poor defensive stats it can find many opportunities to switch in thanks to its awesome typing and good 112 base Defence and proceed to destroy opposing teams.

Conclusion:
How do you think Aianto will affect the metagame? What's your opinion about this new Pokémon that B/W gave us? What are its best counters and team mates?
Share your ideas with the rest of the community by leaving a comment.

There's also the possibility of using Assembly(e?) Crew to force your opponent to use Truant. With good speed, it could be a last ditch technique, but overall it's risky as heck and can leave you just as open as your enemy.

Terribad sp. def and HP mean Aianto needs to be partnered up otherwise it'll just die.

But it seems like a solid baton passer with it's Speed and Defense, and access to four (though Rock Polish = Agility anyway) boosting moves.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I can see this thing getting easily blocked and/or OHKOed by either Magnezone or Heatran. A simple HP Fire can easily take this little guy out, due to horrible SpDef.

IMO, I think Aianto benefits the MOST from a Choiced set. That atk and spe of his are nice, and I can see it hitting even harder with Hustle. Maybe a choice scarf to abuse it's 100 spe, and it's movepool isn't that eithe. In fact, I think Im gonna cook up a choiced set right now. Damn it's HP stat though.

I can see this thing getting easily blocked and/or OHKOed by either Magnezone or Heatran. A simple HP Fire can easily take this little guy out, due to horrible SpDef.
because of this, however, i think heatran could make a good partner for him, or anything else with flash fire really.

I like the Hustle + Claw Sharpen strat a lot. He clearly is going to need a Flash Fire friend like Scizor did. Maybe Shanderaa or Heatran. If Entei had kept Flare Blitz and Extremespeed as level up moves I'd suggest him too.

He'd appreciate rain being up to lessen some fire damage, but if it was a special attack even that wouldn't help much.

I really like the concept of Hustle and Claw Sharpen as well. This thing has some potential when played correctly (Flash Fire support etc.). The Bugs are pretty good this time (finally). :D

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hmm... If an ally used Gastro Acid on Aianto in a double battle, it should be able to pass out Truant without suffering from the effects itself. I may have to try that.

Some sort of choiced set might work, but with Forry, Scizor and both of the other new Bug/Steels outclassing Aianto in pretty much every way I don't see that there's a lot of hope for it.

Why would you run Truant on it, anyway? It's not like it's other Abilities are more easily obtained or better or anything.

A choice set screams "heyo in inferior to scizor!". Magnezone will trap and kill him, and he has no way of hitting Magnezone or Heatran (Scizor has Superpower, and the awesome U-turn).

IIRC, Baton Pass bypasses Magnet Pull. Being able to pass +2 speed or +1 attack and accuracy while being able to utilize the boosts himself are what makes him shine. That's his niche, don't use him as an inferior Scizor :/ (though I guess scizor can do that BP set too, he's just better suited to other roles. And, could Ainto outspeed Magnezone so he can actually escape with BP ( CSzone)?

I was really hoping this ant would get EQ to actually be able to scare Magnezone and Heatran unlike Scizor. That would warrant a choice set... But with his current movepool there really isn't a point to it.

Man I love this Pokemon. Please explain in the OP for this thread what the new moves that Aianto gets do for ease of the readers.

Did you know that with a Jolly nature and Choice Band, Aianto's U-turn hits harder than Choice Band Adamant Scizor's? That's bloody impressive. I do think that the Claw Sharpen set will be the most valuable, though, because with a special defense that exploitable he really cannot afford to miss. Furthermore, because he trolls Infernape and the musketeer quartet with +1 base Speed over them, he should really be running something that can hit all or most of them for legitimate damage. I am almost remiss to suggest it, but Dig could actually be useful as coverage against Infernape, Terakion, and the Steel/Fighting one. (God I wish he learned Earthquake...) Bug and Steel coverage alone is pretty terrible; he really needs something to hit the numerous Pokemon that resist them. Dig is pretty much all he's got unless you forgot moves in the OP. Maybe Baton Passing out is the better choice at that point, although it's a shame not to take advantage of his immensely powerful Hustle-boosted attacks.

@Wishy: I completely agree with you, that's why I posted only the Claw Sharpen set.

@Rising_Dusk: I updated the OP. U-Turn is superior to BP only if you run a CB set and even then it is outclassed by other Pokémon. Dig is not a good option because during the turn Aianto "digs a hole" the opponent can easily switch Heatran/Magnezone/whatever and send out a Flying/Levitator or another Poké that doesn't get damaged by the ground move.

You could just as easily say the same thing about Bounce on Gyarados, yet it stands that Bounce gets used. Fortunately, Bounce has a handy secondary effect that makes it tougher to switch into (and no immunities), but Aianto really needs the coverage so badly that he's unusable as a sweeper otherwise. Just list the Pokemon that resist his STAB combination and set up on him with impunity despite Hustle. (Heatran, Lucario, Skarmory, Forretress, and plethora others)
Uncommon Madness said:
U-Turn is superior to BP only if you run a CB set and even then it is outclassed by other Pokémon.
Outclassed? Maybe in defenses by Scizor, but he hits a substantial amount harder than Scizor and has a bloody fast U-turn to get out of dodge. I wouldn't wave the 'outclassed' stick at a CB set for Aianto.

I said outclassed because IMO running a CB set on such a fraile Pokémon with STABs moves that have only 80% Accuracy is not going to work.
You may use Swarm but the loss of power just means even more Pokémon can outclass it, and that's not only Scizor but also Agirudaa, Archaeos, Flygon, etc.
Not to mention that the point in using fast and powerful users of U-Turn is the fact that they switch in against Pokémon that can't hurt them (A thing Aianto can't do with 58/112/48 defenses and immunity only to Poison type moves) and attack or U-Turn to a counter on the predicted switch.

Has Truant changed this generation, or something? So that it boosts stats automatically rather than relying on already high stats?

Because if not, its ability is nothing more than a bad joke :I (this comment being, in itself, a bad joke)

Wait, does it even get U-turn? I don't see it in the OP. Anyway, posted this on another thread. If abilities swapped with Assemble Crew are reverted on switching out, then this doesn't work. But if they do get stuck with them, then this can cripple any switch-in (and escape from Magnezone and Sherandaa). With 109 base and a scarf it can also outspeed a lot of stuff at +1 and cripple it.

Aianto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Truant
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -Atk)
- Assemble Crew
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge / Crunch

The given build seems like it may not cut it at OU level (though I may attempt it...badly, given GenV will be my first foray into the competitive scene). But am I correct in thinking it could be a pretty potent UU sweeper, or certainly a decent UU Baton Passer?

I also see a nice wee theme bug team coming along with Drapion. That would be an interesting double-battle partner!

i think the claw sharpen set its the best it can do and im i wrong or when he used lets say iron head after claw sharpen you get 80bp +stab +1 attack+hustle and 30% flinch rate its not that bad of a deal and if a fire type comes arround you just batton pass since it appear to have 109 base speed just passes the new made 108 mark by one point(faster tanh any fire type) and most pokemons abode him dont use fire moves at all except maybe those new 2 geniuses have something donk know but for an atacking stell type isnt that bad and its bretty fast to run from magnezone with u turn or baton pass away a claw sharpen

Man, this guy is such a beast, only weak to fire?! Jebus, its a attacking Foretress! I'm going to run him even in the Standard OU battles. Always have to include an odd ball in my teams anyways.

@ghost: aianto? oddball? more like a FIREBALL (which ironically kills bugs)! :D he's not exactly tehnutz poke, but Claw Sharpen+Big Attack Stat+Hustle+Baton Pass = A Very Bad Day For Everybody.

i see an unboosted vacuum wave pwning this tho, but that probably won't happen as much as we think :/

This pokemon is amazing.

Does anyone know if the effects of its ability copy move is for the entire battle? if so, this thing is def going to be top tier in standard play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)