Ferrothorn

I really like this thing, Ononokusu doesn't get fire moves (as far as we know) so Nuttre makes a fantastic check to it.

Iron Barbs, SR and Gyro Ball damage strip around ~80% health away from it lol (this is without DD boosting Gyro). It also has the option of T-Waving which is amazing. Not to mention the only way Ono can beat this is with SD LO EQ and with LO it pretty much OHKO's itself after all the aforementioned damage or puts it in critical range.

Lack of recovery is meh, but at least it gets Leech Seed and you can always pass Wish.

Shed Shell seems to be the superior option atm.

My favorite set will probably be Leech Seed / Spikes / Power Whip / Gyro Ball. grrr @ no spikes + stealth rock parent. There are very few good Spikes users, and considering it has a very similar typing to Forretress, I wouldn't want the redundant weaknesses.

I've investigated the situation too, given my avatar, and I'm pretty sure you can have any two but not all three.

Cacturne supplies Spikes and Leech Seed, Torterra supplies Stealth Rock and Leech Seed, and the Bug/Rock hermit crab (#557 IIRC) supplies Stealth Rock and Spikes. Nothing I see can give all three.

Oh well. =/
:pimp: I can quote two people at once. Nuttre is awesome. He would completely outshine Forretress if it had Rapid Spin imo.

substitute + thunder wave + leech seed + iron head
power whip over iron head if volt absorb raikou pisses you off.

provides a monster of a paralyzer (it is a paralyzer that forces switches, most likely causing more than a single par), subseed (pair it with stealth for more coolness), paraflinch, and substitute + fully par combo.

Anybody else think this guy will be a big part of rain stall? He can set up hazards, and rain can somewhat alleviate his big fire weakness.

I really like this thing, Ononokusu doesn't get fire moves (as far as we know) so Nuttre makes a fantastic check to it.

Iron Barbs, SR and Gyro Ball damage strip around ~80% health away from it lol (this is without DD boosting Gyro). It also has the option of T-Waving which is amazing. Not to mention the only way Ono can beat this is with SD LO EQ and with LO it pretty much OHKO's itself after all the aforementioned damage or puts it in critical range.

Lack of recovery is meh, but at least it gets Leech Seed and you can always pass Wish.

Shed Shell seems to be the superior option atm.
I could not have said it any better. This sums up the main things about him. Gyro Ball on Ono is just.. Monstrous, even without the DD set up but with DD set up, Stealth Rocks and the ability it has, it's a definite ohko.

Gyro Ball and Shed Shell is gonna be the staple main things to have. Leech Seed can act as the leftovers recovery you need.

Brilliant.

Not sure if this was already discussed but Nattorei doesn't really need to run shed shell for the Fire/Ghost chandelier if you choose to use a move slot to run Payback. Off of 94 Attack, given enough investment it could probably take out offensive variants along with other Ghosts. Weather or not it's worth using a slot for that would probably be specfic to if you want extra insurance on the Fire/Ghost.

Not sure if this was already discussed but Nattorei doesn't really need to run shed shell for the Fire/Ghost chandelier if you choose to use a move slot to run Payback. Off of 94 Attack, given enough investment it could probably take out offensive variants along with other Ghosts. Weather or not it's worth using a slot for that would probably be specfic to if you want extra insurance on the Fire/Ghost.
Timid 252 SpA Shanderaa Flamethrower vs Bold 252/0 Nuttre: 168.2% - 198.9%

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
To be honest I would probably run a more Specially Defensive set because of Latias / Sazando / Rain (you lose to Garchomp, Mence can Fire Blast you and if those two are OU Ononokusu really shouldn't see play). The physical attackers you counter tend to be less capable of hitting you hard (Gyarados, for example).

Timid 252 SpA Shanderaa Flamethrower vs Bold 252/0 Nuttre: 168.2% - 198.9%
I was talking about when it switches in. Given Spike/SR damage it could ohko or at the worst, cripple it completely. Could you at least give a point behind posting an obvious ohko calc...?

I was talking about when it switches in. Given Spike/SR damage it could ohko or at the worst, cripple it completely. Could you at least give a point behind posting an obvious ohko calc...?
tbh Nattorei doesn't have room for a move that is only to take out 1 poke that your opponent may or may not have. Not to mention the fact that using Payback whenever you switch him in is a horrible use of a turn you could have used to set up SR or paralyze the switchin or set up Leech Seed or...you get the point.

Okay, here's my point. You run Shed Shell to escape from Shanderaa after it comes in. That means you get to do your job of spiking/walling while not being worried about getting trapped. Payback is useless in that situation. Forretress can afford to mispredict vs. Rotom because it can switch out, but Nuttre can't. I mean you can't really open with Payback every time you come into a Gyarados or Ononokuso hoping to catch Shanderaa on the switch. I didn't mean to dismiss the suggestion like that but honestly I would think Shed Shell would allow Nuttre to perform its job much better.

EDIT: Nanoswine put it well.

Does Ingrain seem viable then if Shed shell is the way to go? (I don't know anything about shed shell...)

-Leech Seed
-Ingrain
-Stealth Rock
-T~Wave

Nattorei and Rugged Helmet to me also seems like an awesome set, though my favorite 5th Gen seems to just shut that down too quick Darn You Chandelier!

Also, Skarm and Forry give this dude serious competition for a teamslot, but thanks to Leech Seed and solid SDef, it can hold its ground.

It seems very good. Great defensive statistics, decent offensive (better than Gliscor !) and a soooo low speed which means he can launch a 150 BP Gyroball againt 240 Speed, like most Celebi or Tyranitar.

He can switch-in almost every defensive Pokemon (nice in Offensive) and is a great check to many threats. I love it.
I hesitate between Leech Seed and Explosion... It matters according to the team I guess.

There's finally something reliable under Ubers to resist those "Water + Something resisted by Steel" move combos.

Berenkeru and Nattorei together could theoretically put a stop to any weather summoner. I'm really eager to try that core out.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
It resists so many coverage combos, like Water / Normal, Water / Dragon ( / Electric), Ghost / Electric, Water / Rock etc. Resists to Water, Electric and Rock differentiate from the likes of Forry and Skarm.

Also, Skarm and Forry give this dude serious competition for a teamslot, but thanks to Leech Seed and solid SDef, it can hold its ground.
Resistance to Water and Electric are big, imo, along with Rock (less damage from Stealth Rock; beats Choice Band Tyranitar). As you said, it has solid Special Defense (specially bulkier than Bronzong), and it can counter essentially any Water- or Electric-type, bar HP Fire. 252 HP / 8 Def / 244 SpD EVs w/a Relaxed nature and 0 Speed IVs gives you 352 HP / 330 Def / 329 SpD.

Calculations:

Defensively-
+1 Offensive Suicune's Ice Beam: 32.1% - 37.8%
+1 Torrent boosted Empoleon's Hydro Pump: 44.3% - 52%
+1 Offensive Gyarados' Earthquake: 46% - 54.5%
+1 DD Salamence's Outrage: 39.8% - 46.9%
Scarf Tyranitar's Stone Edge: 17% - 20.2%
LO Rotom-W's Hydro Pump: 22.2% - 26.4%
Specs Jolteon's Thunderbolt: 21% - 24.7%

Offensively-224 Atk Power Whip / Gyro Ball vs.
Offensive Suicune: 95.3% - 112.9%
Agility Empoleon: 64.6% - 76.3%
Offensive Gyarados: 67.1% - 79.2%
Salamence: 82.8% - 97.9%
Scarf Tyranitar: 123.4% - 146.2%
LO Rotom-W: 143.8% - 169.4%
Specs Jolteon: 103% - 121%

If only that stupid Ghost / Fire candle were banned, then he could afford to run Leftovers instead of Shed Shell. However, he still grabs OHKOs on all of the above Pokemon (bar Empoleon; but he'll be under 25% anyways) with the aid of Stealth Rock (in Gyarados' case, you need Life Orb recoil). I just picked out some Pokemon that represent a large group of Pokemon in OU. For example, any Water-type in OU will be doing less damage than Suicune or Gyarados, so he can easily handle Kingdra, Starmie, Swampert, and Vaporeon. Very impressive imo.

He resists electric and steel, Magnezone would absolutely have to be packing HP Fire.

Though I guess he always is anyway. :I

I just ran a calc. Spec magnezone with max special attack has a very small chance of not OHKO'ing Max/Max Nattorei with HP Fire, but Scarf never will.

Specs: 97% - 114.8%
Scarf: 65.1% - 76.9%

Yeah, 'zone seems to shit all over Nuttre. I looked over his movepool and he DOES actually learn a ground attack: Smooth Over. However, with no investment and a middling 60 base power, he doesn't really threaten Magnezone very much.

Against 4/0 variants, Nuttre can only managed to deal 52.67% - 62.63%, which is a clean 2HKO, however Timid Magnezone can also boast that same 2HKO while being faster.

Even if the Ghost/Fire candle was banned, he still has Magnezone to worry about.
This. Why would say such harmful things about Shanderaa?! :P

Does anyone ever wonder how a team full of lockers would work? Dugtrio, Shanderaa, Magnezone, and the others would be interesting just to try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)