Hydreigon

Yes, all the dragons get Meteor.
However, Sazando may get competition for the best Draco Meteor launcher in OU (if it stays) from Kyuremu (if it stays OU, which seems kinda 50/50). Both of their STAB's are walled by Steel's, Sazando has a better defensive type and useful moves (Pursuit etc etc), but Kyuremu has massive stats overall (130HP, ~90 both defenses, 130 both attacks, 95 speed), and a signature ice move with 65 power which halves the opponents speed.
(It also seems to get two 140 BP Ice moves, physical and special, which may burn or paralyse - however not sure if it gets them yet or next game).

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Kyuremu is highly unlikely to be OU in the long term; however, it may start out as OU. It looks as if Wobuffet + >670 BST will be the initial ban criteria.

Sazando has a much better defensive typing but it is a lot frailer so...

Kyuremu is highly unlikely to be OU in the long term; however, it may start out as OU. It looks as if Wobuffet + >670 BST will be the initial ban criteria.

Sazando has a much better defensive typing but it is a lot frailer so...
There's no reason to consider Wobbuffet an auto-ban. Like every other uber that made its way there through some way other than raw stats, it'll have to be retested to see whether or not the new metagame is capable of handling it.

Sazando will still face huge competition with Lqtios due to qthe fact that Latios has better sweeping stats by far, has the nice 80-110 Special Defense AS WELL AS Resisting Blaziken's dual stab.

Not gonna lie, this Pokemon is going to own.

But I disagree with the Specs set being much good. The reason that SpecsMence was good was because the checks on Salamence were predominately physical Pokemon. Since Sazando won't be attracting dudes like Hippowdon and Swampert, I definitely see the Mixed sets overshadowing this guy.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
I disagree. Back in the days of DP, almost all Mence were Specs; after Pt, it kinda fell out of use. Sazando is more like Specs Latias, except with U-Turn and Flamethrower (plus different typing).

I think people are forgetting the fact that this thing is a great check to Shandaraa. It has Crunch and Pursuit to rape Shandarra , Draco Meteor for breaking down physical walls, and Fire Blast as a coverage move.

I'm wondering which tier this one will fall into? I wouldn't rule out the possibility of it falling into OU, considering its weaknesses.

On a side note, it almost looks awesome, if it had 4 legs. I mean, how does it stand?

Why are we talking about these stats? It's all about the name people. Sazando. SAZANDO. Say that out loud. Now look at it. It's OU by appearance.

On a serious note, Sazando gets the ability to come in on most Ghosts, Psychics, Fire and Grass types, attack and then retreat from the opponent's switchin, perfectly complementing Draco Meteor. Scizor and most Bug-Types dare not switch into a boosted Flamethrower. Blissey fears a LO'ed Crunch defense drop and the it only needs Draco Meteor/Flamethrower for coverage on everything but Heatran.

My only issue with it is that it evolves at level 64 and that, for some odd reason, after giving everything an enormous movepool in Gen 4 they decided to disallow Dark Pulse with Earth Power. It would have been a great all-out attacker.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Dark Pulse is almost totally pointless anyway though seeing how weak it is; I'd rather use Dragon Pulse really.

I wouldn't, especially on an all-out attacker; Celebi, Dusknoir and Starmie take more from Dark Pulse than from Dragon Pulse. The secondary Flinching can also help.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
There is one huge move in that list that no one has mentioned yet, which is Taunt.

Taunt will make life for Blissey (and other walls) extremely difficult against this. It would allow you to run an otherwise all special set and not have to worry about being walled..

Another option is a defensive dragontail set. I dunno if it is bulky enough for ST Rest, but it does seem likely it will get a lot of switch ins, especially with its hazard immunities, and force a lot of switches when it does..

Have a nice day.

I think this poke will own ever since 2nd gen ive wanted a drak dragon pokemon cuz they r my 2 fav types Tyranitar is my favorite pokemon but I still wanted more finnaly sazando came. Sazando will probably run a set with specs draco meteor fire blast dark pulse/earth power and uturn/ surf. This poke has 1 serious advantage over latias, pursuit resistance. Latias does have higher speed though

Without a doubt, the Hydra is my favorite out of all the Gen 5 monsters. 92/90/90 defenses are great for an offensive Pokemon; in perspective, Swampert has 100/90/90 defenses. Dark/Dragon coupled with Levitate affords two immunities and several resistances; unlike Ononokusu, it should be relatively easy to bring this monster in. Draco Meteor coming off a base 125 SpA is going to hurt. As Hipmonlee mentioned, it gets Taunt to infuriate walls, as well as U-turn to scout and Thunder Wave to paralyze its potential counters.

My favorite set at the moment is

Sazando @ Life Orb
Timid
6 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Draco Meteor
-U-turn/Thunder Wave
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power

Works wonderfully in conjunction with Shanderaa, as has been mentioned previously in this thread.

This guy is downright SCARY. I can't wait to put it into action. Thunder Wave definitely going to be one of its best moves - With access to Earth Power and Fire Blast, it can threaten nearly everything after it's paralyzed. Doryuuzu is going to be this guy's biggest and best counter, with the bulk and resistance to take Dragon STABs, immunity to Thunder Wave, better speed, and the power to crush Sazando with X-Scissor.

This guy is downright SCARY. I can't wait to put it into action. Thunder Wave definitely going to be one of its best moves - With access to Earth Power and Fire Blast, it can threaten nearly everything after it's paralyzed. Doryuuzu is going to be this guy's biggest and best counter, with the bulk and resistance to take Dragon STABs, immunity to Thunder Wave, better speed, and the power to crush Sazando with X-Scissor.
First of all, he's slower, unless you have Sandstorm up. Second of all, while he has good HP, his Special Defense is poor. He won't like switching into Draco Meteor, and will die miserably to Fire Blast or Earth Power. Sazando also survives a +0 X-Scissor.

Man, I need to get my numbers straight... still, did you account for LO? For some reason, I can't see LO 135 base Atk base 140 not KOing 92/90 base defense. Still... going to be one tough punk to counter.

There is one huge move in that list that no one has mentioned yet, which is Taunt.

Taunt will make life for Blissey (and other walls) extremely difficult against this. It would allow you to run an otherwise all special set and not have to worry about being walled..

Have a nice day.
With one cheer up, modest max attack Sanzandra does 150-200 (Dark pulse) damage against minimum defense Blissey. Blissey hits back for 100-150 damage from ice beam against min/min Sanzandra.

In 3 hits, Blissey can defeat Sanzandra. Sanzandra, given 4 turns, can deal at mostly around 700 damage to Blissey (1 cheer up, 2 dark pulses, 1 Draco Meteor, NO taunts)
I believe mixed sets are more effective.

this is so far my 3rd favourite pokemon ever.

it may not be as strong as salamence in a 1 v 1 battle but It has a lot of good things going for it.

+ is not 4x weak to ice like garchomp / salamence
+ is not weak to rock like dragonite / salamence
+ resists ghost moves
+ resists fire and electric moves which are common in OU
+ is a special attacker
+ it has cheer up to go mixed
+ has good defences
+ it has three heads so that is automatically a good thing

- weak to bug attacks
- weak to fighting attacks
- does not have a base 130 SpAtk, all the pseudo legends have 1 stat higher then
- slighty slower then salamence and flygon
- ononokusu is more likely to start a sweep then sazando due to its higher Atk stat and they have the same speed

sazando @ leftovers / life orb
Timid Nature
216 HP / 40 Def / 252 Speed
- Cheer Up
- Substitute
- Dark pulse / flamethower / surf
- Dragon pulse / draco meteor

unlike garchomp, sazando's HP and defences are good enough to set up.

even with no SpAtk ev's I doubt you want to take a +2 life orb draco meteor.

^you might want to add that it resists ghost attacks and can really dent the new ghost types of this generation that will be prominent, and its a great stall breaker, not walled by nattorei unlike ononokusu... yep I really like this new 'mon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)