Ferrothorn

Possibly. Also seems like Nattorei will destroy rain offense with it resisting all common attacking types found on rain offense except Ice.
True. Nattorei is one of the few pokes that can take 2 +2 Life Orb Stone Edges from a Kabutops all the while scaring it off with a STAB'd Seed Bomb. Waterfall would also be lucky to be a 2HKO since it's max damage output is 51.1%. BTW, the Nattorei spread I'm using is Relaxed HP 252 / DEF 252 / SPDEF 4.

I've been looking for a Rain Dance counter for days, and it finally dawned on me today that Nat does it perfectly. He blocks off Kindgra, Kabutops, and Ludicolo, the three biggest RD threats in my opinion. I wish he could run Leftovers over Shed Shell, but, like everyone has said, Shanderaa destroys it. I hope a Shadow Tag clause is put in just so I can use Leftovers (although it messes up the ST Shanderaa I wanted to use).

I'm a little torn on what set I want to use since he has so many options, but I've narrowed it down to this:

Relaxed
HP 252 / DEF 252 / SPDEF 4
Shed Shell
-Seed Bomb
-Leech Seed/Level Ground
-Gyro Ball
-Thunder Wave/Curse

As you can see, I want him to tank instead of support since I'm not too fond of entry hazards, even though it's apparently a sin to not use them. Either way I go, I feel he'll drive opponents crazy, so I LOVE THIS GUY!

Wanna be Forretress? Probably. Only thing differentiating them is this that this guy cannot Spin, Toxic Spike or use Earthquake, as someone said before, Green. Because of this, I'd say this guy will be fun in the UU metagame, if its not sentenced to BL.
Yeah...no. This guy has Power Whip and Gyro Ball STAB, great Sp. Def, resists Water and Electric, has Leech Seed and Iron Barbs.

Basically, Forretress and Nuttre have similar roles, but they are still different. The latter can do what was mentioned above, while the former can do Rapid Spin, Toxic Spikes, Earthquake and has Sturdy, an interesting ability.

All in all, I think they both kick ass. Nuttre wins it for me since he's part Grass though.

Yeah...no. This guy has Power Whip and Gyro Ball STAB, great Sp. Def, resists Water and Electric, has Leech Seed and Iron Barbs.

Basically, Forretress and Nuttre have similar roles, but they are still different. The latter can do what was mentioned above, while the former can do Rapid Spin, Toxic Spikes, Earthquake and has Sturdy, an interesting ability.

All in all, I think they both kick ass. Nuttre wins it for me since he's part Grass though.
Me too. I agree with all of that, just too lazy to type it lol.

Plus, he looks cool ^^

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Me too. I agree with all of that, just too lazy to type it lol.

Plus, he looks cool ^^
^What this Says :P

Thinking about it, he does seem like a good Rain Dance Team counter. Sun Teams kinda destroy him though, but yeah.

I agree.
Nattorei with higher Sp. Def and T wave support gets my vote.
I have been using the Rugged Helmet item and every time It gets hits by a physical attack(he can take many) he shaves off 1/4 of the opponents HP, nice STAB with Power Whip, supports the team with T Wave/Leech Seed and when its time to go a parting gift Explosion.

That being said Forretres isnt down for the count as it now gets Volt Change so he can scout potential trappers, A STAB Heavy Bomber I would like to see the damage output for this move and compare it to Gyro Ball.

Giving this thing a rugged helmet would be fun. 25% recoil to the oponent if they use a psysical attack. (35% if they have a life orb)

shed shell will be absolutely necessary on this thing, otherwise HP fire magnezone and shadow tag shanderaa will easily shut it down.

definitely not! in the same vein, having Level Ground makes him able to take on both, and the good special defense ensures he survives to use it :)
it won't survive a fire blast from shanderaa. high special defense is one thing, but a 4x super effective STAB move from one of the most powerful non-legendary special attackers in the game will definitely kill it, even with investment in SpD.

shed shell will be absolutely necessary on this thing, otherwise HP fire magnezone and shadow tag shanderaa will easily shut it down.

it won't survive a fire blast from shanderaa. high special defense is one thing, but a 4x super effective STAB move from one of the most powerful non-legendary special attackers in the game will definitely kill it, even with investment in SpD.
oh damn, i forgot about the 4x weak! >_> the best it can do, really, is to predict on the switch and nail it with Level Ground

further necessitating the need for shed shell. definitely shed shell > everything else.

definitely not! in the same vein, having Level Ground makes him able to take on both, and the good special defense ensures he survives to use it :)
Just a heads up, with no investment, Smooth Over/Level Ground can only 2HKO standard Magnezone at best. I haven't run calcs, but I can only assume it's a 2HKO on Shanderaa after SR damage.

So unless you get lucky and nail zone on the switch, you're not killing it before it takes you down.

Just a heads up, with no investment, Smooth Over/Level Ground can only 2HKO standard Magnezone at best. I haven't run calcs, but I can only assume it's a 2HKO on Shanderaa after SR damage.

So unless you get lucky and nail zone on the switch, you're not killing it before it takes you down.
another d'oh for nattorei's survivability against those damn trappers. investing into attack EVs might just be a waste of defensive capacity. shed shell shed shell shed shell, even if shadow tag shanderaa hasn't come out yet (or may never, if nintendo decides to screw with us), as insurance against zone just like forry and skarm did.

Ugh, I'm having such a hard time deciding on a moveset. I probably won't end up settling on one until I see what my team needs most, but it certainly has a LOT to work with. Being able to actually take a special attack(unlike Forry) is nice. No Rapid Spin is a shame and makes little sense based on its design, but oh well.

I don't think shed shell will be neccesary if you predict right, and every1 will be expecting a shed shell eventually.

I don't think shed shell will be neccesary if you predict right, and every1 will be expecting a shed shell eventually.
Nah, you can't always be sure. If I want to use a set up move such as stealth rock and on the switch they bring out Zone or Shand, then I'm screwed out of a pokemon. Even if people expect it, no one is gonna pass up a free kill without any risk included.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Nattorei @ Shed Shell
Relaxed Nature (+def -speed)
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Ground Leveling (Ground / 60 BP / Physical / chance to decrease speed 1 level)

Probably the best set Nattorei can offer. Thanks to the investment in HP and Defense, this thing can stop Ononokusu, Garchomp and even Doryuzuu without many problems. At near full HP, it can take a Jolly +2 LO Earthquake from Doryuzuu and deal respectable damage back with Power Whip or lower Doryuzuu's speed with Ground Leveling allowing another Pokemon to revenge kill it.

Run this with 0 IVs in speed so that Gyro Ball does as much damage as possible, this is important since it's probably the attack you're going to be using the most. Shed Shell is for Shanderaa obviously, Nattorei can't function without it.

I tried some other stuff before this like SR and Twave but Nattorei is just too slow to use twave effectively and it never really helped the team at all much so I dumped it.

No, Level Ground is a crap move.
If even Hidden Powers are considered to "Only-coverage moves", a move more weaker would not be used. It does 50max to Blaziken, which is bad. And if there is a fell speed, you lowers Gyroball's power, and you have to predict correctly.
And Nattorei has much better option. Even if SR or T-Wave don't help you, you always have Explosion, Leech Seed or Toxik.
Level Ground may be good and has its niche but I think his other options are better overall. If it works for you, it's good.

I wonder what spread will be better on him. Specially or physically defensive ?

I think it would do great ON a rain dance team. Teamed with the water ghost they could make an amazing defensive core. They offset each others weaknesses almost perfectly, and with rain support fire types are hardly a problem.( though nuttre sure shouldn't play with em too much). The only real counter to the pair would probably be magnezone, and he's really nothing new to anyone.( I still cant help but think that nattorei would be better off with a shed shell though)

Someone earlier said this would counter RD teams and no sweeper could really hit it back. Well I don't know if someone mention it, but I think he forgot everyone's favorite water/fighting pokemon from gen. 1 got swift swim. Now if this thing gets to use that y'all are talking about, people will start running poliwrath.

When i first saw this poke i wasn't really amazed at all, yea it had a good defenses @ 131/116. I kept seeing it on early teams people made, and now this. I do like the idea of having a mixed was who deals 25% damage w/Steel Thorns and rugged helmet, and pairing this w/some flash fire poke is nice as well. like a mix of magnezone and forretress.

When i first saw this poke i wasn't really amazed at all, yea it had a good defenses @ 131/116. I kept seeing it on early teams people made, and now this. I do like the idea of having a mixed was who deals 25% damage w/Steel Thorns and rugged helmet, and pairing this w/some flash fire poke is nice as well. like a mix of magnezone and forretress.
29%, actually. Rugged Helmet does 1/6 damage, not 1/8. Even more amazing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)