Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to a VGC Next Week, and my Pokmanz is not Lv100...
After maxing EVs, I wanted to trade them over to my hacked Platinum to R. Candy them to Lv100
If I do this, but do not alter anything but the level (and mabye give them some TMs/HMs), then trade them back, would I pass Hack Check???

True VGC style battles are held at level 50. There shouldn't be any need to level all the way to 100 unless your tournament is using some sort of modified rules.

After maxing EVs, I wanted to trade them over to my hacked Platinum to R. Candy them to Lv100
If I do this, but do not alter anything but the level (and mabye give them some TMs/HMs), then trade them back, would I pass Hack Check???
In answer to your question, yes they would pass the hack check. Reason being is, using duped items does not affect a Pokémon's legitimacy in any way whatsoever.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Since it's obviously not an official tournament, they won't have the specialized hack-checking DSis. All your Pokemon needs to pass is a common-sense hack check (i.e. no Seismic Toss on 4th gen Blisseys!)

Uh... It actually IS an official tourney, so...

1 More Question:

If I trade a real event pokemon from a real event from a game I hacked AFTER I got said event pokemon to a non-hacked game, if I don't use it, will I still fail Hack Check???

1 More Question:

If I trade a real event pokemon from a real event from a game I hacked AFTER I got said event pokemon to a non-hacked game, if I don't use it, will I still fail Hack Check???
This is as official as it gets! The Pokemon Company themselves sponsor it.

1 More Question:

No, you won't. Being in proximity to hacked Pokemon (and using hacked items on it), or being on a cartridge with cheats in effect, do not effect the Pokemon's legality status.

Edit: @ above poster: It can't be Pokemon Company/Nintendo sponsored, the VGC's are over for a long while. I don't even understand how your post relates to his question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)