Pokémon Black and White - Ingame Discussion

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Have cleared all gyms. On my way to Victory Road and the Pokémon League.

My team:
Daikenki Lv. 62
Zorua Lv. 21
Shinpora Lv. 22
Furiijio Lv. 31
Moguryuu Lv. 24

Computer:
Minezumi
Yooterii
Boappu
Tabunne
Kurumiru
Tamagetake
Bachuru
Tesshido
Shibishirasu
Kumashun
(10th Movie Raikou)

Jumpluff has an excellent thread sticked right now that can help you identify moves, abilities types, and items. All you need is a Japanese keyboard and the Ctrl + F command will match whatever you're looking for with its English counterpart. There's also an excellent website called Jisho.org that has a Japanese dictionary. Use the keyboard to type whatever characters you're having trouble with in the search box, and it'll come up with all the definitions for that word. Later on, I'm guessing people will put eventually up a walkthrough for those with no understanding whatsoever. And lastly, a good tip to remember is that items will always be highlighted blue during a dialogue, so try to remember that so you can look it up.
How many people have Japanese keyboards?

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PokéShifter is awesome. It's really fun. And it goes fast to transfer Pokémon. I transfered 42 Pokémon in under 5 min.

How many people have Japanese keyboards?
Not the physical one. I meant like a software keyboard, of course. I don't know about other operating systems, but since I installed Japanese language support in windows 7, I can use a "language bar" that has a convient little drawing pad that will actually guess what kana I meant by what I draw into it.

Currently heading to the 7th gym:

(I did trade a few pokes and start breeding from my black version)

Lvl 60 Wargle
Lvl 59 Abagoora (great breed)
Lvl 59 Kojondo
Lvl 59 Brungeru
Lvl 58 Denchura (Another great breed)

The grinding.......... make it stop.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
I think that thing about pressing A or whatever when catching a Pokémon to make it a 100% catch is just a random thing. It happened to me right now without me doing anything. Pressing buttons doesn't help. When it happens the throwing sound and everything changes.

I think that thing about pressing A or whatever when catching a Pokémon to make it a 100% catch is just a random thing. It happened to me right now without me doing anything. Pressing buttons doesn't help. When it happens the throwing sound and everything changes.
Something like a "critical throw"? I wonder what the mechanics of this phenomenon are.

breh

強いだね
Beat the Elite Four and caught Reshiram! I found one sage on accident ^_^

My team

Emboar
Musharna
Hahakurimo
Gamageroge
Shiburudon
Reshiram

Everything is about level 51.

I am entirely serious when I say that reshiram is one of the best HM slaves in the game.

Man this thread sure can get lost in all the other ones @.@

Lvl 40 Archaeos (bird fossil) - Fly/Rock Tomb/Dig/Crunch
Lvl 39 Zeburaika (electric zebra - mainly used to paralyse things) - Thunderbolt/Thunder Wave/Nitro Charge/Volt Change
Lvl 40 Daikenki (water starter) - Surf/Aqua Jet/Waterfall/Revenge
Lvl 43 Dageki (blue fighting dude) - Brick Break/Bulk Up/Dig/Strength
Lvl 40 Onondo (2nd evolution of Ononokusa) - Dragon Dance/Dragon Claw/False Swipe/Shadow Claw
Lvl 34 Kurimugan (random dragon) - Dragon Claw/Surf/Crunch/Dig

Problem is I have no money. Maybe I should just sell all my items, think Masterball is worth quite a lot. I don't think spamming X Defenses on my Onondo does much because it already gets OHKOed and if I use 1 X Defense, I'll be on Red and have to keep spamming Potions but the opponent will just keep attacking me. Maybe I'll paralyse them first...
Sorry for the late response. If you've already beat the E4 then dont mind this post xP:

Your Archaeos might be your best choice against the first member if you get lucky with it. Having it hit the mummy to snag it's better ability is one way to milk it as best as possible while continuing to hit with Crunch. Burunkero shouldn't give your Onondo too many problems, but TWaving it to help it out wont be a bad idea. You can also switch to something as death fodder afterwards (albiet you have revives), and then switch Onondo in safely for atleast 1 DD, which is all it'll need. Shadow Claw, and Dragon Claw from there. Shanderra, and the ground/ghost can be handled by your starter as long as it can take a hit or so.

Against the dark member, Dageki, and your starter should be able to handle them wil enough. If dageki can get of a couple of bulk ups it's pretty much GG since he should be outspeeding most of those pokes.

The psychic member might be a pain simply because your fossil is the only one really capable of doing much to them. Play it similar to the ghost member, allowing for Ononodo to do most of the work. Musharna will be pain because of it's decent bulk.

Against the fighting member, if your achaeos is strong enough, and fast enough, it shouldn't mind this guy too much at all. Old school Fly tactics will work, but Im sure one of them probably has hi jump kick, so be careful. Overall, just playing it as best as possible from here will surely keep you up and running.

Items will be needed, but not any over 10 for each. I'd say revives, hyper pots, and maybe some full heals for possible status problems.

Man this thread sure can get lost in all the other ones @.@

Sorry for the late response. If you've already beat the E4 then dont mind this post xP:

Your Archaeos might be your best choice against the first member if you get lucky with it. Having it hit the mummy to snag it's better ability is one way to milk it as best as possible while continuing to hit with Crunch. Burunkero shouldn't give your Onondo too many problems, but TWaving it to help it out wont be a bad idea. You can also switch to something as death fodder afterwards (albiet you have revives), and then switch Onondo in safely for atleast 1 DD, which is all it'll need. Shadow Claw, and Dragon Claw from there. Shanderra, and the ground/ghost can be handled by your starter as long as it can take a hit or so.

Against the dark member, Dageki, and your starter should be able to handle them wil enough. If dageki can get of a couple of bulk ups it's pretty much GG since he should be outspeeding most of those pokes.

The psychic member might be a pain simply because your fossil is the only one really capable of doing much to them. Play it similar to the ghost member, allowing for Ononodo to do most of the work. Musharna will be pain because of it's decent bulk.

Against the fighting member, if your achaeos is strong enough, and fast enough, it shouldn't mind this guy too much at all. Old school Fly tactics will work, but Im sure one of them probably has hi jump kick, so be careful. Overall, just playing it as best as possible from here will surely keep you up and running.

Items will be needed, but not any over 10 for each. I'd say revives, hyper pots, and maybe some full heals for possible status problems.
Don't worry I've beaten the game already a few days ago. Basically my strategy is what all of you guys have suggested. Ghost/Psychic E4s were just TWaving their lead, then use Flash as much as possible with my Zebra. Once the hax is over and my Zebra gets KOed, I bring in Ononodo and start to spam X-SDef and after bunch of X-SDef+Hyper Potions+Paralyse/Flash Hax+DD, I ended up with +6 Atk/Spe and swept the team with Dragon Claw. Same with the Fighting/Dark E4s but using Dageki was much easier since it was a lot more bulky and I didn't have to use any X items since Bulk Up was enough.

N and the other final boss was easy enough with my newly caught Reshiram (which btw I caught with my 2nd Ultra Ball).

I just got the game yesterday, and already I love it. I have some trouble figuring out a good team though. I just figured out that this is already much harder than the other games and I can't pick any crappy pokemon like the beaver thing. So I went ahead, looked at some online pokedexes, and listed out some pokemon.

Starter: Daikenki

Possible Pokemon:
Baokki
Zebraika
Doryuuzu
Warubiaru
Hihidaruma
Zuruzukin
Ahkeos
Zoroark
Gigigearhl
Shandera
Kojondo
Sazandora
Rankurusu
Mebukijika
Urugamosu
Reshiram

Narrowed it down to:
Zebraika ELECTRIC
Doryuuzu GROUND/STEEL
Akheos ROCK/FLYING
Zoroark DARK
Kojondo FIGHTING
Shandera GHOST/FIRE
Sazandora DRAGON/DARK
Rankurusu PSYCHIC

Narrowed it down to the final list:
Doryuuzu
Akheos
Kojondo
Shandera
Sazandora

Seems to be good enough and well balanced. Although, since I haven't gotten into the game much yet (still at the 2nd badge), I'm not very sure if I'll need an HM slave. WIll I need one, and if that's the case, what rearrangements should I make? I know this is like, in-game, but I may use this team for competitive, since I get lazy when I'm training my Pokemon to go competitively.

My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I don't think you actually need any HMs to get through the game. Maybe Surf (which you'd probably want to teach to your starter anyway), but I don't think I ever needed it, and I think that's basically it. You need Cut in a couple places early game I think, but I don't think I ever needed it late game ever. I actually missed Strength until the eighth badge, but it's not needed. Helpful in Victory Road, but it mostly creates shortcuts getting back if you mess up going through.

Going into E4, my team was this:

Daikenki L46
Denchura L47
Mole L46
Jiheddo L50 (Took so much grinding but we got there haha)
Shanderra L47
Polar Bear L45

Such low leveled because I lost the Lucky egg that Professor Araragi gave me by accidently releasing my ghost coffin pokemon that held the egg when I meant to select View Summary -_-. And I had just caught a Modest Bachura too! So I was like screw it that mummy sucked anyways and just caught a ghost candle instead.

Well since I lost a good defensive pokemon, needless to say, the battle against the fightlng E4 guy was such a pain. And without Lucky Egg, I didn't know where to train but Shanderra helped a lot. Burned everything with Purgatory :D

Definately getting that Psychic/Flying type in the English playthrough.

N and the other final boss was easy enough with my newly caught Reshiram (which btw I caught with my 2nd Ultra Ball).
Zekrom and Reshiram both have catch rates of 45, the same as Dialga and Palkia (and, for example, Shinboraa, Nageki, and Dageki). So they're very easy to catch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)