Gamageroge

Code:
#537 Gamageroge
Typing: Water / Ground;
  Ability 01: Swift Swim[INDENT]When rainy, the Pokemon's Speed doubles. However, Speed will not double on the turn weather becomes Heavy Rain.
[/INDENT]Ability 02: Poison Hand
[INDENT]   When another Pokemon makes contact with this Pokemon, it may become Poisoned.
[/INDENT]Ability 03: Water Absorb (Dream World)
[INDENT]   The Pokemon heals up to 1/4 of it's maximum Hit Points when hit with Water-type moves.
[/INDENT]
Base Stats:
  HP: 105
  Atk: 85
  Def: 75
  SpA: 85
  SpD: 75
  Speed: 74

Level-Up Moves:
  Lv1: Bubble, 
  Lv1: Growl,
  Lv1: Supersonic,
  Lv1: New move,
  Lv5: Supersonic
  Lv9: New move,
  Lv12: Bubblebeam,
  Lv16: Mud Shot,
  Lv20: Aqua Ring,
  Lv23: Uproar,
  Lv28: Muddy Water,
  Lv33: Rain Dance, 
  Lv36: Acid, 
  Lv39: Flail,
  Lv44: Drain Punch,
  Lv49: New move, 
  Lv53: Hydro Pump, 
  Lv59: Hyper Voice
If anyone has TM moves and Egg-moves, I'd appreciate them.

At first glance, Gamageroge would appear to be yet another poor man's Swampert. However, Swift Swim allows it to be a productive member of a Rain Dance team. Poison Hand is basically the same thing as Poison Point. Water Absorb allows it to come in on Water-type moves, and regain health. Mebujijika can serve as a great partner for it, absorbing the Grass-type attacks Gamageroge hates so much. Gamageroge also resists Fire, one of Mebukijika's weaknesses.

Only time may tell where Gamageroge will land in the new metagame.

Interesting. This can either be a decent mixed Rain abuser, or a full-stop to Rain. Notice the only Pokemon that can truly hit the Water Absorb Gamageroge would be Ludicolo or a neutral Gorebyss Psychic/Ice Beam, from Gen 4 at least.

Swift Swim separates it from the other Water/Ground types around, but without entry hazards, or being able to stat up, it's fairly outclassed. Grassers give it a lot of trouble, not having an Ice move, having to resort to Poison attacks against many Pokemon that may be Grass/Poison.

A fairly average Pokemon, something like a more offensive Gastrodon.

オタマロ (Otamaru) :
Water Pulse
Refresh
Mud Sport
Mud Bomb
Sleep Talk
Snore
Mist
Earth Power

Learnable TMs: ,
TM06 - Toxic,
TM07 - Hail,
TM09 - Venom Shock,
TM10 - Hidden Power,
TM15 - Hyper Beam,
TM17 - Protect,
TM18 - Rain Dance,
TM21 - Frustration,
TM26 - Earthquake,
TM27 - Return,
TM28 - Dig,
TM31 - Brick Break,
TM32 - Double Team,
TM34 - Hydro Wave,
TM36 - Sludge Bomb,
TM39 - Rock Tomb,
TM42 - Facade,
TM44 - Rest,
TM45 - Attract,
TM48 - Troll,
TM49 - Echo Voice,
TM52 - Focus Blast,
TM55 - Boiling Water,
TM56 - Fling,
TM66 - Payback,
TM68 - Giga Impact,
TM78 - Smooth Over,
TM80 - Rock Slide,
TM84 - Poison Jab,
TM86 - Grass Knot,
TM87 - Swagger,
TM90 - Substitute,
TM94 - Rock Smash,
HM03 - Surf,
HM04 - Strength

Water Absorb means this isn't a "poor man's Swampert", in my opinion. This guy becomes an effective counter to Gyarados and Starmie, while walling Kabutops, Qwilfish and Armaldo on rain teams. This guy has a lot of defensive potential.

EDIT: I disagree that it is an inferior Quagsire as well. I would prefer the balanced 105/75/75 to 95/85/65. Base 85 SpA also means Gamageroge can utilize Boiling Water effectively.

Aerrow

hunter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Water Absorb means this isn't a "poor man's Swampert", in my opinion. This guy becomes an effective counter to Gyarados and Starmie, while walling Kabutops, Qwilfish and Armaldo on rain teams. This guy has a lot of defensive potential.
I agree with this. Water Absorb is definably the selling point.

This guy's only innovations are swift swim and learning Grass Knot.
It's a pity its offensive stats are so mediocre and it learns no boosting move.
Quagsire has Recover and Water Absorb so I'd use it rather than this frog in a walling capacity.

It's pre-evo's look horrible, but this last evo looks decent, it has an average move-pool, has nice abilities, especially water absorb (but Gastrodon has Storm Drain -- which also absorbs water attacks now and protects others from it) I think it has potential, just not in OU...

poison hand is an interesting ability, but i think water absorb is better since giving you an immunity is better than none

poison hand is an interesting ability, but i think water absorb is better since giving you an immunity is better than none
You also wouldn't want to give poison to the wrong thing, (Whoops! You accidentally poisoned the physical sweeper when you really needed to burn or paralyze it!) not to mention that it's counter intuitive with Boiling Water.

As a Swift Swimmer, he kinda seems outclassed by just about every other water type. Also, in my opinion, just regular poison is actually better than neutral status, since it means you can't be hit with something crippling, such as Paralysis or a Burn. All in all, Water absorb seems to be the best option on him.

I see Gamageroge as being a wonderful counter to weather teams. He can resist fire attacks under the sun (provided there's no solar beam), take out Sandstorm teams with water and ground attacks, can't really be touched by anything in the odd hail team (outside of Abomasnow), and completely walls Rain Dance teams with his Water Absorb. I see this frog's usefulness being entirely dependent on how common weather teams are this gen.

Gamefreak, do we really need anymore bulky waters?

Quagsire/Milotic and maybe even Gastrodon outclass this thing as a tank. Swift Swim and it's typing are the only things really going for it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only two Ice moves it knows are Mist and Hail. However, I don't think it really needs ice, as it already has a pretty fantastic movepool.
Lies, he doesn't even get a single boosting move or physical Water move. I thought he would be a more offensively oriented Swampert, thanks to better speed and Swift Swim... but I was wrong.

Lies, he doesn't even get a single boosting move or physical Water move. I thought he would be a more offensively oriented Swampert, thanks to better speed and Swift Swim... but I was wrong.
I was mainly referring to his special movepool, though he does get a few physical toys to play with. And not everything need Calm Mind/Curse to be useful.

I was mainly referring to his special movepool, though he does get a few physical toys to play with. And not everything need Calm Mind/Curse to be useful.
you do when you have 85/85. This thing can't even appreciate his good typing, his decent Spe and Hp. This is a perfect example of "Types don't make the Pokémon". Even with one weakness, not to mention a weakness that sees use solely based on their usefulness against Swampert and TTar and STAB he still manages to be bad... not to mention COMPLETELY outclasses by Swamptert and Qwagsire. It's dissapointing because I think Water Ground is a cool type and I like the design.

hey, look on the bright side. its a better kyogre counter than quagsire. who cares if its completely useless vs all other 670+legendaries.

Swampert might have an edge, but not Quagsire. Gamageroge has better defenses, better attack, better speed, better movepool. . . In fact, the ONLY thing Quagsire has is access to Recover. And if having an instant recovery move made all the difference, then Sableye and Kecleon wouldn't be in NU.

Just about the only thing Gamageroge faces competition from is Swampert, who tops in him in everything but speed and abilities.

There's something I like about Gamageroge... Can't put my finger on it.

Maybe it's the fact that he's covered in tits.

This pokemon will be useful becuase of swift swim and politoed its an all around better quagisire poort stats may leave it from becoming too sucessful tho

a more offensive version of quagsire with a better set of abilities? I predict high UU low OU,but if it has to be NU (which I highly dought) it will be extremely high NU

The one thing I regret about Gamageroge is that he got Water Absorb and not Dry Skin. With Dry Skin, he'd be an absolute beast in rain.

This may replace Swampert on some teams. Remember, rain is going to be more prevailent in Gen 5. With rian you can either double your speed or be a successful anti-water type with water absorb. Although without Rain, I don't see this thing being more productive than Quagsire and Swampert.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)