Dragonite

I wasn't refering to the Accuracy. I was refering to the fact that Gale doesn't work in anything else other than rain.
Who said that? It's 100% in the rain, 70% in any other weather.

Btw, Gengar is using Focus Blast as a coverage move to use in tandem with his STAB Shadow Ball. Gale would be Dragonite's main STAB, and considering its accuracy, that's not reliable at all. Having to hit Tyranitar one time in a battle is different than spamming a 70% accurate move.

Personally, although it could just be me, I'm not too fussed about the new ability. The main thing that makes me overjoyed for DNite is a surprisingly subtle change....

Extremespeed getting plus 2 priority. By Bye Ice Shard.

@Blaziken Fan
No not really. It depends on who's using the move. Mamoswine will still murder you with ice shard. As would Donphan. Really the only Ice Shard user that would be affected by this is weavile. Unless you would put extreme speed on a cb set. That might help.

@Blasphemy

What I was talking about the fact that it sux that Gale's accuracy increase only occurs in rain.

It's hard telling what will happen to Dragonite as B/W comes out. As of now, his only competition is Flygon and Kingrda, who are by no means pseudo-legendaries or legendaries for that matter. In spite of Dragonite's slightly underwhelming ability in B/W (why not Thick Fat? =/), I think he will always have uses in the OU metagame as a 'bulky sweeper', and a special place in my heart for all those hours spent leveling up my Dragonair until he evolved in Cinnabar Mansion before the E4 back in my first file on my Red Version.
*epic facepalm*

THERE IS NO 5TH GEN TIERS YET SO SALAMENCE, GARCHOMP, LATIAS, ETC. HAVE A CHANCE OF BECOMING OU AGAIN!

also, it has more competition then you think:
salamence
ononokusu
sazandora
flygon
kingdra
latias
latios (its possible?)
garchomp

even if salamence, garchomp, etc. do not become OU again: it still has flygon, kingdra, ononokusu and sazandora as competition

@Lunanight
Yep yep yep. Latias and Latios will likely go back to ubers. Garchomp might. As far as I'm concerned Ononokusu is like The exact opposite of Dragonite. Fast, and frail. Kingdra's main opposition to Dragonite will lie in rain dance teams. Dragonite has the movepool to become an interesting threat in rain dance teams. However, Kingdra's better typing, Stab water, and better weather ability will give Dragonite a real run for it's money. Dragonite also has the movepool to become a psuedo-scout which means it's invading on Flygon's territory now. As far as I'm concerend, 5th gen finally gave Dragonite the means to step out of Salemence's shadow as a bulky offensive pokemon which gives poeple a reason to use him over salamence.

With this 5th gen coming around the corner it seems Dragonite is starting to invade on every pokemon's territory with that massive movepool. I really cannot wait to see how it'll play out.

A reasonably fast Toxic-stall Dragonite is going to be amazing. Dragonite should be amazing vs walls.

@ leftovers
Impish, 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Toxic
Roost
Dragon Claw
Sub

If you keep Roosting to 100% before they attack your basically untouchable if they don't have SE move.

how can dragonites movepool get any bigger lol but dragonite cant help from Being eaten by salamence for a nice refrreshing dinner at arbys =D And my froslass lead takes down that stupid anti lead slow fat dragonite lead set where your as slow as a slowpoke with slowstart lol i hate that set does anyone see a point in it? He fails already making him with no speed just is a horrible lead and is super predicatble and couterable

Or so you say. The only thing that Salamence has over Dragonite is a better stats spread. Dragonite has a better movepool, better bulk, and a better ability with 5th gen. Now plz stop posting about salamence in a Dragonite thread. I'm not gonna make this thread into Dragonite vs Salamence crap.

if u get dragonite in with no rocks up i think tht makes him even deadlier. assuming dream world abilities are breedable, u can switch in or a eq (or after something has been KOed and u scare out the opponents pokemon) dragon dance, thn depending on the poke they send in, dragon dance again with multi scale(hopefully) allowing u to survive and get +2! thn sweep with the remaining moves. just a thought tho

I've always loved Dragonite, and now that it gets a more useful ability, it's gonna get yet more different than the other dragons.

I like Windstorm, but I can't seem to find a good use to it, and it doesn't give much of an aditional coverage in the rain with Surf and Thunder, outside of Breloom and the plant with thorns. Maybe if that plant turns out to be a really good rain counter it'll be useful, but still it hits with neutral damage.

Multi Scale is just great. I mean, I'm not gonna try to compare Dragonite to Gyarados, but it could run a similar set, if only Heal Bell and Multi Scale where compatible. It'd be like Dragon Claw, Dragon Tail/Roar(acc.), Roost, filler (Thunder Wave?). I wouldn't have the same function, but it'd be nice at least :D

I don't know, there's so much going on, it overwhelms me. Can't wait for Shoddy to have 5th gen Pokemon.

if u get dragonite in with no rocks up i think tht makes him even deadlier. assuming dream world abilities are breedable, u can switch in or a eq (or after something has been KOed and u scare out the opponents pokemon) dragon dance, thn depending on the poke they send in, dragon dance again with multi scale(hopefully) allowing u to survive and get +2! thn sweep with the remaining moves. just a thought tho
Dragonite learns Dragon Dance by level up, and it's been that way since 4th Gen.

Dragonite with Gale might be a decent rain dance counter as well. Though if you run a set with Gale he might just end up as a counter and nothing else.

@outrageousdragondancer

(Refering to avatar) why put Dark Glasses on a dragonite? lol. To make it look cool.

I was actually thinking of that as a set. It's got psuedo parafusion. EXELLENT!!!!

@WellWhyNot

Gale does have something over Thunder in that it's stab. The second most powerful Special Stab Dragonite gets really. It can also run a cheer up set sense it won't have to rely on Draco Meteor as a special stab. (It'd be kinda gimmicky but you see where I'm coming from.)

@KurashiDragon

it's a bit more relaxed looking and yes, very cool, very hot (avy)
and Pseudo-Parafusion on the special side is it's main advantage in the rain over other primary dragons, but Kingdra still beats it sweeper-wise.
It's meant to be bulky.
that, and parafusion is AWSOME!!!!

It fits dragonite so well. Dragonite's the best Dragon abuser of Roost. Arguably the best abuser of roost period. Initially when I saw Multi Scale, I was dissapointed but now I can't wait for it. Dragonite's gonna be more epic this gen than any other gen so far.

So I got a couple questions about the Rain ParaFusion Dragonite.The main gist is:

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Multi Scale defensive nature+EV spread
-Gale
-Thunder
-Roost

So what are peoples thoughts about Dragon Rush as the fourth move?It would add a physical dragon move to help with STAB and Special walls while providing great nuetral coverage.It also adds a 10% flinch to the ParaFusion strategy.

My problems are the fact that to use it you would have to sacrifice speed or defense since it is a physical move.Probably the more important drawback though is the accuracy.If it takes up the fourth slot and you're not in the Rain, your moves are 70%/70%/75% accuracy.You could kind of remedy this with that item that boosts accuracy 10% but then you lose Leftovers.

Alternatives are Surf and Dragon Pulse for attacking moves or Substitue if you want to add another layer of defense.Rain Dance could also be placed so that it can function as a backup rain inducer.

BTW, anybody got the numbers for the chance of a counter attack if they are Paralyzed and Confused, then hit with a 10% flinch move?

Thoughts?

how can dragonites movepool get any bigger lol but dragonite cant help from Being eaten by salamence for a nice refrreshing dinner at arbys =D And my froslass lead takes down that stupid anti lead slow fat dragonite lead set where your as slow as a slowpoke with slowstart lol i hate that set does anyone see a point in it? He fails already making him with no speed just is a horrible lead and is super predicatble and couterable
Any anti lead with aqua jet (aka any decent anti lead) laughs at you. Especially the ones with yach berry

Dragonite learns Dragon Dance by level up, and it's been that way since 4th Gen.
i think i was refering 2 extreme speed but after thinking abt it with +2 speed u wnt really need it. just for those times whn mischievious heart ppl wna end up sweep or something. but yea dragonite rocks!

does anyone else think that dragonite looks like it lost weight in this gen???

on a serious note kinda gimmicky but with proper set-up could work

Mix Dragonite Naive nature
252 Speed/ 200 Sp Att./ 52 Att
Multi-Scale
Claw Sharpen
Roost
Gail/ Fire Blast/ Draco Meteor
Brick Break/ Earthquake

If you can set this up it could be really good with very good coverage gail or dracometeor. gail can kill a lot of bugs/ grass/ fighting with brick break or EQ providing support. Fire Blast can kill a lot of the new bugs scizor and with EQ support it gets coverage for pretty much everything except for the dragons which you shoudnt stay in against anyways and waters which you get decent coverage but since most that are slower are bulky and can take an EQ or brick break to the face and come back with almost no damage, and you wouldnt want to stay in against that either seeing as they own dragonite with ice moves. Brick Break provides good method of lower the steels health and also taking down any screens in your way. EQ just owns a lot of things. Claw sharpen is pretty self explanatory and same with roost. if your going f blast you should probably go with Eq since it provides better coverage then brick break does. you can also use aqua jet + gale if you have rain support for some priority/ moves that do a lot of damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)