Hitmonlee

Hitmonlee the kicking demon

Hitmonlee #106
typing- Fighting
Ability 1: Limber- Hitmonlee cannot be paralyzed
Ability 2: Reckless- Raises the power of any of Hitmonlee's recoil attacks by 1.2x. This also includes Jump Kick and Hi Jump Kick
Ability 3(dream world): unburden- Raises speed if a held item is used.

HP: 50
Attack: 120
Defends: 53
SP. Attack: 35
SP. Defense: 110
Speed: 87

Level up
1-Double Kick
1-Revenge
5-Meditate
9-Rolling Kick
13-Jump Kick
17-Brick Break
21-Focus Energy
25-Feint
29-Hi Jump Kick
33-Mind Reader
37-Foresight
41-Wide Guard
45-Blaze Kick
49-Endure
53-Mega Kick
57-Close Combat
61-Reversal

TM/HM Moves
TM06 Toxic
TM08 Bulk Up
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM21 Frustration
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM31 Brick Break
TM32 Double Team
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
TM47 Ankle Sweep
TM48 Sing A Round
TM52 Focus Blast
TM56 Fling
TM67 Vengeance
TM71 Stone Edge
TM78 Level Ground
TM80 Rock Slide
TM83 Cheer Up
TM84 Poison Jab
TM87 Swagger
TM90 Substitute
TM94 Rock Smash
HM04 Strength

Ankle Sweep (physical) 60 atk 100 acc 20 pp
With speedy movements it aims at the opponent's feet

Sing A Round (special) 60 atk 100 acc 15 pp
If everyone sings together you can use this move in successive turns and have its power increase.

Cheer Up (effect) -- atk -- acc 30 pp
Increase Special Attack and Attack.

Egg Moves
Rapid Spin
Hi Jump Kick
Mach Punch
Mind Reader
Helping Hand
Counter
Vacuum Wave
Bullet Punch
Endure
Pursuit
Feint

Pre-Evolution only moves
Tackle
Helping Hand
Fake Out

Unburden- by definition it will increase your pokemon's speed if its held item is used or lost. more in depth, when this happens, your pokemon's speed will actually double. (equivalent to a +2 increase)

Hitmonlee is one of the many pokemon who has obtained some advantages due to the release of pokemon black and pokemon white. You may be thinking that there isn't that much that Hitmonlee didn't already have. There is one thing that he got which allows him to sweep much more effectively then ever before. His dream world ability Unburden. If you were to combine this with Liechi berry you will get a +2 speed boost and +1 attack boost. With the extra speed and attack he will be able to out speed a lot more threats and hit extremely hard with little setting up.

Hitmonlee @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Unburden
Nature: jolly/adamant
EV: 252 atk 252 spe 4 hp
-Reversal
-Substitute/Endure
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

The idea is pretty simple. Come in and set up substitute or endure until Liechi berry and unburden activates. After the +2 speed from unburden and +1 attack from the Liechi berry, its now time to sweep. Reversal for the huge STAB 150 attack power reversal, Stone edge and Earthquake to hit anything hard that Reversal wont. Because this set relies on having low HP you're going to need to watch out for priority moves. You could switch Stone Edge or Earthquake with a priority move of your own, for the faster hit.

Thanks to Cuiv for using Liechi berry over Salac berry.

Will add more if any new ones come up.

Unburden gives a 2x boost, equivalent to +2. So you should run Liechi Berry if you're going to use a pinch berry.

The addition of Hi Jump Kick's now usable attack power means Reckless is an option. His Close Combat already did a number on UU, so a 1.2x 130 BP move(154 I think it comes to, before STAB? I dunno, I can't math) will rip up even more. And Limber, of course, is as solid as ever.

Hi Jump Kick or Close Combat on non-Reckless sets?

Cookie is right. Mach Punch on this set would provide your own priority, however. Then Hitmonlee would sweep with amazing prowess using his STAB +1 attack.

I dunno, I can't math
Apparently you can't grammar either XD

Sub/endure reversal on Hitmonlee got a huge boost with Unburden, but priority is a huge problem for it, just like another similar set. Still, should be fun to use.

I've never used Hitmonlee, so I'm not sure. But this set could work:

Hitmonlee@Liechi Berry
Adamant Nature; Unburden Ability
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Endure
Mach Punch
Sucker Punch
Reversal

Priority no longer kills him, as his own priority out-speeds, courtesy of Unburden. Sucker/Mach Punch give pretty good coverage, actually. Reversal is to be used only when you know the enemy wouldn't have a priority attack.

Unfortunately, Sandstorm got a buff this Gen, so we'll likely see more of of then ever. Bad news for Hitmonlee, as it takes him down after the Endure.

STAB 156 power HJK is amazing. Not to mention 144 power Double-Edge to back it up, if you don't mind the HP loss. Shame he doesn't get any good Dark or Ghost moves

Hitmonlee should stick to Choice Scarf+Reckless or perhaps a Sub+Leichi set (without Reversal). Choice scarf has the power to plow through stuff and sub+leichi lets it sub down against faster opponents and KO while keeping the sub up.

Unburden is an interesting ability, but does it work with other items other than berries? There are lot of interesting consumable items out there. Not to mention using a Lum Berry with unburden right now on the standard sets right now might prove to be more interesting than Limber or Reckless.

The main thing is that Hitmonlee got high Jump Kick this gen also, which is now the fighting STAB of choice IMO

How has no one mentioned a set with Fling + Armor Fossil? That's a 100 BP dark attack right there, although it is one time use only. However, he deals damage and gets +2 speed, so it could be worth it. As gimmicky as it is, it's certainly an interesting set.

Something like:
Hitmonlee @Armor Fossil
Unburden
Adamant/Jolly
HP 4 / ATK 252 / SPE 252
-Fling
-High Jump Kick
-Mach Punch
-Stone Edge

I'm not too sure about the last two slots, but Stone Edge works well with HJK and Mach Punch is good priority. You could probably turn him into a UU-Terakion and go Fling/Meditate/HJK/SE, but I feel he lacks the initial speed to pull it off. However, I've never played UU, so that set could be beast for all I know.

How has no one mentioned a set with Fling + Armor Fossil? That's a 100 BP dark attack right there, although it is one time use only. However, he deals damage and gets +2 speed, so it could be worth it. As gimmicky as it is, it's certainly an interesting set.

Something like:
Hitmonlee @Armor Fossil
Unburden
Adamant/Jolly
HP 4 / ATK 252 / SPE 252
-Fling
-High Jump Kick
-Mach Punch
-Stone Edge

I'm not too sure about the last two slots, but Stone Edge works well with HJK and Mach Punch is good priority. You could probably turn him into a UU-Terakion and go Fling/Meditate/HJK/SE, but I feel he lacks the initial speed to pull it off. However, I've never played UU, so that set could be beast for all I know.
I think you should replace Armor Fossil with King's rock, because if you fling a King's Rock you will flinch your opponent, which gives you the Unburden boost without taking damage.

Hitmonlee is going to be monstrous, but I don't think it will be OU material. I can see it being a nasty little fucker to deal with though, in UU. I think Reckless is his best ability.

Hrm. Reckless-HiJumpKick seems to be the best option in my opinion, especially a Banded set in the lower tiers. If you don't have a damn good resist or a ghost, you're -fucked- if he gets a hit in now.

In hindsight, this is sort of Gamefreak's way of throwing us back to the ol' Gen 1 Hitmonlee.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
SubLiechi+Mach Punch + 2 Moves. GG

120 Base attack and Base 87 Speed with those boosts is GG
people keep forgetting priority.

seriously once it gets the boost, not behind a sub, scizor just takes it out easily.

those sets are late game only and a HJK scarf or band set suit it better.

We seem to be forgetting that Hitmonlee is currently UU, and presumably staying there. So Scizor isn't going to be much of a problem - I hope.

I badly want to try out this set though.

Hitmonlee @ Flame Orb
Adamant Nature
Unburden
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Fling
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Mach Punch / Rest

I was thinking if you could Burn those Physical threats, due to Hitmonlee's piss poor defences it could be its saving grace. I'm also sure if you fling the Flame Orb, before it activates it would activate Unburden as well as not burn you right? If not, Rest + Aromatherapy support is viable. Not sure.

OR A BULK UP REST CHESTO SET! <3

I was thoroughly disappointed at GF for not adding an opposite of Iron Fist, but in kicking moves form ):
Iron Toe it could be called...

One of my new favs got a nice boost. <3

I hope this will finally kill the terrible Choice Scarf set.

Reversal is pretty shitty imo. At least with Close Combat you can actually hit things before setting up. Sub +3 attacks was already fucking great in UU so with a pich berry and +2 speed it just got even better.

We seem to be forgetting that Hitmonlee is currently UU, and presumably staying there. So Scizor isn't going to be much of a problem - I hope.
There is currently no UU, no OU, and no Uber tier, or any tier for that matter except little cup and standard.

There is currently no UU, no OU, and no Uber tier, or any tier for that matter except little cup and standard.
That may be true, but we can still assume and make educated guesses in the present to pass the time, can't we?

Hitmonlee was always a personal favourite of mine, but I have to admit he won't make OU this gen. He just can't duke it out with the best of them, especially the new threats. Might be that niggly 87 speed :/. Unburden is a sick ability nevertheless.

haha, and FIRST POST! Hopefully first of hundreds :)

+2 priority extremespeed kills any hope of reversal hitmonlee, whether it packs a priority move or not, of being very highly played. but maybe there won't be much ES wherever hitmonlee ends up, then it might work.

Ok, all of you have been talking about the pinch berries, but what about chesto+rest? I was thinking something like this:

Hitmonlee w/ chesto berry
Adamant nature
Unburden
EVs: (probably max speed and attack)
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Blaze Kick (?)
-Rest

Simply rest to double your speed, then sweep. Are the lichei sets better or worse than this set?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)