Chandelure

Don't forget if they don't know you have Flash fire they might not even try to switch out. I mean if I send Magnezone in on your Skarmory would you even bother checking to see if it has magnet pull?

Intelligent people do. At least I always do, and managed to escape a couple of times in shoddy.
Edit: Besides, it's gonna fucking painfully obvious ["SHANDERAA'S FLASH FIRE" pops up] when you switch it in a fire-type move.

Many of Shanderaa's counters are really unexpected, actually. Honchkrow, Tyranitar, Houndoom, Ditto, Scarfchomp, or Rain Dance abusers. Shanderaa is mildly easy to revenge, imho, but I still can't deny it's a guaranteed kill with Shadow Tag.
Without Flas Fire, I can see Shanderaa becoming a Heatran with less bulk and more offensive capabilities. I know I will be using Flash Fire, so people won't ragequit or call it broken in Wi Fi. :3
If Shandera can come in on something that can't do anything to it, it definitely looks like shadow tag shandera will net a kill and could be banned, but we can't yet know how well shandera will be able to switch in in practice. For one thing, it has to worry about all the entry hazards, and it has to switch in on an attack that won't do a lot to it. Choiced fighting and normal attacks could very well drop in usage to avoid such a scenario. Furthermore, other non-choiced pokemon that shandera could easily set up on could start carrying shed shell, or u-turn/electric u-turn, baton pass, etc. Whether these could balance out shadow tag is anyone's guess, but there's at least a possibility of shadow tag not being broken.

Nonetheless, if shadow tag shandera were banned, it still might be fun to use in Ubers, so these analyses aren't all useless, and hopefully it would be shadow tag that's banned and not shandera, so the flash fire variety could still be used in OU or lower, depending on where it lands in the tiers.

If Shandera can come in on something that can't do anything to it, it definitely looks like shadow tag shandera will net a kill and could be banned, but we can't yet know how well shandera will be able to switch in in practice. For one thing, it has to worry about all the entry hazards, and it has to switch in on an attack that won't do a lot to it. Choiced fighting and normal attacks could very well drop in usage to avoid such a scenario. Furthermore, other non-choiced pokemon that shandera could easily set up on could start carrying shed shell, or u-turn/electric u-turn, baton pass, etc. Whether these could balance out shadow tag is anyone's guess, but there's at least a possibility of shadow tag not being broken.

Nonetheless, if shadow tag shandera were banned, it still might be fun to use in Ubers, so these analyses aren't all useless, and hopefully it would be shadow tag that's banned and not shandera, so the flash fire variety could still be used in OU or lower, depending on where it lands in the tiers.
Or, luckily, a shadow tag clause me appear. They banned Soul Dew for a time, and some moves (OHKO and double team) are already banned, so, why not this? Flash Fire would be somewhat decent in OU, and Shadow Tag would be fun in ubers.

You are now aware Curse deals 50% damage to Shanderaa and forces the foes to lose 25% HP each turn. Curse works different for ghosts.

Guys i just realized the perfect teamate for shanderaa.. Gochiruzeru(AKA goth chick). Shadow tag team all the way.

Now for the explanation. before you start to mention how bad she is i'm going to tell you my plan. step 1. scarf gochiruzeru with significant speed investment you are now able to outrun the majority of the game(and keep them stuck with you).
step 2: neuter your opponent with large quantities of charm/captivate(i really wish there was a decent move like charm for spatt) effecctively trapping them with crappy stats... repeat until stats completely useless then procceed to shanderaa for the set up sweep on a super weak opponent... of course this all becomes a little pointless if shanderaa is killed after to for the moveset im thinking CM,sub/Acid armor/nitro charge/trickroom,hp fight, shadow ball.

As i think you can tell the main problem is shanderaa is super strapped for moves. the 2nd slot is basically to give shanderaa and attempt to kill off an entire team but the choices all seem to rely on luck. ex: substitute is a reliable method because prevents crits that ignore the stat lowering on your opponent(also allow first at least one attack versus priority user/faster opponentnet KO 2 at least), i consider acid armor because that makes shanderaas stat boosts very hard to beak period but crits will end you so not like odds of getting 6 cm and 3 aa in w/o being critted, naturally nitro charge and trick room are there to try and net some important KOs by outspeeding the opponent after obtaining important speed wins.

Other options include sub salac for a bit of speed but you lose life quickly in sandstorm and i feel like leftovers would help on the acid armor set.

What do you think?

other gorichurezu moves could be things like flash and thunder wave to get them all haxed up nice and good(could reswitch between shanderaa(or wobuffet too) and her)

of course there are tons of ways this set can go wrong (ex: other shanderaa, genderless pokemon, wrong gender opponents using special attack, but if pulled of well it should easily buy shanderaa the time he needs)]]good teamate is also bliss for phys bait but new special moves masking as physical could but a damper on this so adding a memento teamate to the mix would help this ploy but your team starts to become heavily invested in this almost gimmicky moveset.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Scarf Shanderaa is really cool; I like how with a little bit of pivot switching you can trap and kill threats to your team before they deconstruct you - it gives offense both momentum and breathing space.

Imagine how scary it would be if one of these got Baton Passed an Agility and a Petaya Berry boost from a Smeargle... The only way to beat it is with a Scarf User or someone using Aqua Jet.

I know who I'm replacing Heatran with on my team!

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Scarf Shanderra is the new ScarfTran. :D
It can trap and Kill a lot of things, making a lot more sweepers viable.

Scarf Shanderra is the new ScarfTran. :D
It can trap and Kill a lot of things, making a lot more sweepers viable.
The only think I don't like about Scarf Shandy is that after the kill, a pursuit user that resists your move (Tyranitar coming in when Shandy's locked in Shadow Ball, for example) will come and murder you. >_>

Here's an amusing video where the user uses a Shandera to trap an exeggutor and try to set up, except he doesn't get to. The exeggutor sleeps Shandera, sets up trick room, and explodes to prevent the setup and switch something in. Marowak comes in and ruins shandera.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperArcanist#p/u/3/57tBFn5EhfA
I just don't know what to say. That was both fun and sad to see, plus that funky What Is Love remix going on? Dude, my brain is full of fuck.
Shandy was totally rendered useless, but I admit I fucking lol'd at explosion.

There's an easier way now.... BLAZIKEN!!!!!!!!! Since Blaziken gets speed boost and baton pass.
What about Agility Scizor? Shanderaa can come in on Fire or Fighting attacks that are often aimed at Scizor, while it won't like taking Ground or Water attacks that would be aimed at Blaziken.

what does aqua jet huge power Azumarill do to Shanderaa? Could it be considered a possible counter if it switches in against a fire move?

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It can't switch in because of Shadow Tag. And if you're going to lol Shed Shell everything like you would have had to do to prepare for Wobbuffet before it was banned, you should be packing Pursuit Tar to deal with Shanderaa, not Azumarill which it can just switch out of and return later to trap something else.

Man i really hope shadow tag isnt banned ive invested so much thought into it already and i dont want to start playing ubers, because so many of my other favorites are simply outclassed there. but memento latios could be workable....

PROTIP: Use Sub before trying to lolCM.
If you use sub, you lose coverage.
Standard set seems to be Fire Blast or Flamethrower / Shadow Ball / Nitro Charge / Calm Mind.
You could use Sub over either an offensive move, losing a lot of coverage, or over Nitro Charge, but Shandy won't like being outran. Personally, I'd pick Nitro Charge.

There comes a time when a pokemon so easy to use can completely change the metagame at a whim and the masses don't want it banned because it's the only thing they'll use to check a variety of threats. Shanderaa is that pokemon, it will be the pokemon you see on every single team because it's so easy to use. It makes clicking Bullet Punch look like rocket science. It will be far worse than Garchomp, because Shanderaa will eliminate the use of Choiced attacks that can't also OHKO it. Got a Starmie weakness? Scarf Shanderaa on revenge! Got a problem with Jirachi? Sub CM! Skarmory got you down? Any variety will work! You don't even need to use it properly to get a single kill every time since you can just throw it out on Revenge. Almost every pokemon that can be OHKOed by Choice Scarf Shanderaa has reason to run Shed Shell. Who cares if TTar revenge kills you, because at the end of the day this pokemon has done its job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)