Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want some confirmation on this:

Can you transfer Pokemon with TM/Move Tutor moves from HG/SS to B/W through the Pokeshifter, and still be able to use them in Wifi battles? (i.e. Metagross with Stealth Rock)

STAT boosts have always been done individually. So it would be the first scenario. Think about STAB + Choice Band. It's not gonna be Tyranitar's crunch 80 doubled to 160. It's going to be 80 x 1.5 (120) x 1.5 = 180.
so Hustle x STAB x Choice Band?

in other words: 100 x 1.5 = 150 x 1.5 = 225 x 1.5 = 337.5??

if this is true Hustle is a fearsome ability coupled with 100% accurate moves and a Claw Sharpen boost... (80% x 1.25 right? It would bring it back up to 100%)

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was wondering, is an IV Calculator being worked on right now, or is this a job that is kept for later ?

I'm curious because I'd like to accurately know what are the IVs of the GenV's babies I'm breeding ^^.

Thanks if you have any info on this !
Yeah, Serebii added gen V Pokémon to theirs.
I just want some confirmation on this:

Can you transfer Pokemon with TM/Move Tutor moves from HG/SS to B/W through the Pokeshifter, and still be able to use them in Wifi battles? (i.e. Metagross with Stealth Rock)
I think TMs works. Not sure. But Move Tutor moves doesn't.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, Serebii added gen V Pokémon to theirs.

I think TMs works. Not sure. But Move Tutor moves doesn't.
My Heat Wave Zapdos says yes, you can Pokeshift Pokemon with Move Tutor moves.

Or anything that doesn't know an HM move. (And isn't the Spiky-Eared Pichu.)

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
This was asked before but not answered to satisfaction:

What happens if you try to migrate a Pokemon with Whirlpool from DPPt or a Pokemon with Defog from HGSS? Those moves aren't HMs in all versions, so it isn't clear what would happen with respect to migration.

It would also be nice to confirm that Rock Climb can't be transferred (HM in IV but not V). I suspect that would play out like Dive did in the Pal Park.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My Heat Wave Zapdos says yes, you can Pokeshift Pokemon with Move Tutor moves.

Or anything that doesn't know an HM move. (And isn't the Spiky-Eared Pichu.)
Didn't he ask if they were allowed online? I know very well that you can PokéShift Pokémon with Move Tutor Moves. God, read his question.

If I import my Gliscor from Heart Gold that knows Stealth Rock, can I use him and the move Stealth Rock on Pal Pad battles? (like the ones with friendcodes)

To clarify, the only way to get Pokémon from D/P/Pt/HG/SS is to use the PokéShifter, which is a one-way only transfer like Pal Park, right? There's no way to send a compatible Pokémon FROM 5th gen back to 4th gen like you could from 2nd gen back to 1st gen, is there?

Also, I recall reading about a feature that allowed you to upload your save file to a global server or something like that... what is this feature called? I'd love to read more about it.

Thanks!

There are trainers in the Raimon stadiums to battle each day. You can also rematch Cynthia and Morimoto each day (Cynthia only in Spring and Summer). Cheren and Belle can be battled once a weak, I believe, with Belle being on... Saturdays?

I don't think you can rebattle random people.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I just read something last night about people having trouble playing B/W using ARDS. Has anyone experienced this?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I don't have a rom. I ordered a physical cart. Has anyone experienced any compatability issues using the ARDS for B/W? Not asking for a code here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)