How about:

Sazandora@Salac Berry
EVs: 72 Att / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Naive/Hasty Nature
-Substitute
-Cheer Up
-Dragon Pulse
-Fire Blast/Earthquake

Basically a late game sweeper to sweeps things after Scizor/Choice Scarfers have died down. 184 Speed EVs outspeed +natured CS Base 90s.

Torment is a very, very interesting option because of Sazandora's natural bulk and good typing. Stuff like Zuruzukin and Heatran won't be able to deal with Sazandora behind a sub and with Torment activated. That coupled with the sheer surprise factor and decent speed makes it one of the premier users of the move in my opinion.

Torment is a very, very interesting option because of Sazandora's natural bulk and good typing. Stuff like Zuruzukin and Heatran won't be able to deal with Sazandora behind a sub and with Torment activated. That coupled with the sheer surprise factor and decent speed makes it one of the premier users of the move in my opinion.

I've been trying a torment set on PO. It caused my opponent to switch 4-6 times before I had to switch to prevent myself being killed. Custom EV's; so I will not give out my set out. yet.

I actually got the idea when trying to make it bulky, and came across Torment-Heatran.. And went from there.

I've been trying a torment set on PO. It caused my opponent to switch 4-6 times before I had to switch to prevent myself being killed. Custom EV's; so I will not give out my set out. yet.

I actually got the idea when trying to make it bulky, and came across Torment-Heatran.. And went from there.
on PO? I heard someone say it was implemented already but I thought they were lying.

on PO? I heard someone say it was implemented already but I thought they were lying.
It's only an Alpha TEST server. It's no guarantee it'll be up for long since it's just for testing. Atm the server is down for more 5th gen updates and stuff. Or until the host puts it back up, whenever that would be.

All right- would someone with access to the PO B/W betatest and the G5 analyses forum want to do some testing on TormentAndo? See if it's viable or not (my theorymon says it should be awesome, but...), and if it is add it to the analysis?

Sazandora seems underwhelming from facing it. Dragon/Dark is redundant coverage (although not a huge deal since it gets FB/EQ), 98 speed is unfortunate, seems outclassed by latias, etc. Not to say it isn't a good pokemon, because it certainly is. It has bulk too, which is nice. If latias is uber again this gen, I can see this thing being good.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Afti, feel free to PM reyscarface if there's a set you'd like to bring to his attention.

Wall-Breaker Sazandora
This coupled with a pursuiter, maybe CB Scizor or Tyranitar would most walls do a full 180º, IMO. Blissey couldn't survive a Pursuit, Latias would die easily if it comes in on a U-turn or Draco Meteor.

What I see being a nuisance is Heatran, though.

Definitely interested in trying this thing out. Versatile, decent bulk and above average speed. Anyone think he could pull off a torment set in the same manner as Heatran or am I overestimating his potential bulk?

I think some people are overestimating the power of Sazandora's Draco Meteor. It's exactly the same power as Roserade's Leaf Storm, but with better typing. Sure, that means it hits things for a shitload of damage, but some people seem to assume it has the power to destroy everything not named Blissey. =P

I think some people are overestimating the power of Sazandora's Draco Meteor. It's exactly the same power as Roserade's Leaf Storm, but with better typing. Sure, that means it hits things for a shitload of damage, but some people seem to assume it has the power to destroy everything not named Blissey. =P
The better typing is the whole point, since Dragon moves are only resisted by one type while Grass is resisted by seven and many pokes have a double resistance, even. So, you'll likely do more damage and the potential switchins are more predictable.

That's the thing though, Roserade's Leaf Storm is already pretty monstrous.

Sazandora seems underwhelming from facing it. Dragon/Dark is redundant coverage (although not a huge deal since it gets FB/EQ), 98 speed is unfortunate, seems outclassed by latias, etc. Not to say it isn't a good pokemon, because it certainly is. It has bulk too, which is nice. If latias is uber again this gen, I can see this thing being good.
Wait? Dark/Dragon is redundant?

Uhh. No, Dragon and Dark are completely different types offensively and defensively, I don't get what you're trying to say. I mean, they're both resisted by Steel but so are alot of types.

It's not uncommon for a Pokemon to have STABs both resisted by Steel. Sazandora has Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Earth power, even Surf to dispose of Steels. Everything else is easy pickings. That's one of the main things I like about Sazzy; very nice offensive movepool.

This thing is a near-perfect poke, with only 1 flaw: BASE 98 SPEED! I mean come on controlfreak, you couldn't round that up a few points? Even make it 101 to troll the metagame?

...because it does? even scarfrachi takes up to 57% from timid specs draco meteor. why do you think latias was banned? a 210 bp move resisted by one type is obscene.

...because it does? even scarfrachi takes up to 57% from timid specs draco meteor. why do you think latias was banned? a 210 bp move resisted by one type is obscene.
Oh wow, I think I see the hype about it now. *needs to try out Roserade with Leaf Storm to test that*

Sazando, while looking really good on paper at first, doesn't seem to cut it as good as salamence.

the reason why Salamence is so damn good, is because it can hit really hard with 110 base sp attk and draco meteor, but after one of those, you either have to switch ou, or rely on physical attacks. Salamence has that amazing base 135 Atk while Sazando only has 105 base Atk.

but assuming Salamence would remain Uber, I feel that Sazando can be pretty fearsome in OU battles. Base 98 speed can at least outspeed all Ononosuku and everything below that.

so yeah I can't wait to check this one out :) especially because all the less experienced players will start by using Ononosuku (which to me is some overhyped shit :P)

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
(which to me is some overhyped shit :P)
EVERYONE says this about Ono to the point of fatigue. It's just not there anymore.

In fact, there isn't a single Pokemon this generation the rumor police won't try to debunk the second it receives a modicum of attention. Sometimes it's true, but more often than not, it's just annoying. Just don't go running into threads saying "xyz is overhyped", at least not without anything to back it up.

Imo, Scarf Sazando is going to be as big in Gen 5 as Flygon was in Gen 4, thanks to STAB Dark Pulse being an excellent check to Ghosts, discouraging them from switching into U Turn. Its main problem is that it can't outspeed base 100's with Choice Scarfs, such as Flygon himself, who can OHKO him with the appropriate move, or scout and deal significant damage with U Turn. So I think that Scarf Flygon will still have fairly good usage, thanks to STAB on Earthquake and the ability to wipe out Scarf Sazando.

Dark STAB and a decent Draco Meteor should be your selling points for using Sazando over Flygon, imo.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As much as I like the idea and for as much sense as it makes, we can't auto-assume a Dark type will be a candidate for Pursuit. Unfortunately, it's nowhere to be found in Sazzy's movepool. :(

Even though Sazandra's Special Attack is higher than its Attack, I feel that Crunch as a better option over Dark Pulse because most Ghosts and Psychics have more Special Defense than Defense. I find a set of Draco Meteor/Crunch/Earth Power (or Earthquake)/Fire Blast ideal for this Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)