Excadrill

so the only way zuzurukin is koing doryuuzu is by using hjk, and that screams gengar switch(fuck shandera). Shibirudon with flamethrower and flygon using stab eq are our only hope...

Really? I got 70.4% - 82.9% against Impish 252HP/252Def Zuruzukin with a +1 LO STAB EQ.
Oh, I was using an adamant nature and 252HP/252Atk. Regardless, if you run that spread and nature you only hit 114 HP Doryuuzu for 50% - 58.7% with HJK, so it still beats you.

I think that while it is possible to stop Doryzuu from sweeping, it should be a lot harder to stop him from Rapid spinning. I did some calcs (not factoring Sand Throw), and life orbed +2 Earthquake with SR nearly KO's the most defensively possible new ghosts, barring Desukan (And I can't imagine Desukan/Dusknoir threatening Doryzuu much). And that is without Sand Throw, so you can still outspeed Gengar (using Sand Power should allow you to KO most ghosts without life orb and SR, not sure if you still need to run adamant). At worst, the ghost will destiny bond you.

Doryzuu may be walled by several pokemon, but once he gets his +2 he can rapid spin without fear of a ghost coming in (since he should be able to KO it afterwards). Even if they use weather switch + Gengar, you could simply rock slide on the switch:
Player 2 has Blissey
Player 1 has Doryzuu
Sandstorm is in effect
Player 2 switches to Politoed, Doryzuu uses Swords Dance. Player 2 switches to Gengar, Doryzuu hits it with a Rock Slide.

Once thier ghost is gone, you can rapid spin without fear.

I really like Doryuzuu and I can see it being a threat everyone need to get prepared in the future.I am pretty surprised that it doesn't have Stone Edge.I guess Game Freak don't give everything everything like they used to in gen 4.
Speaking of Doryuzuu moveset, I really see the potential of rapid spinning set.Now with the absent of Rotom-A as a spinblocker ,I can't really see many other things that can switch into it's strong Earthquake.Offensive moveset is a monster too but there are still plenty of good checks that I don't think it will break uber (not having Stone Miss mean a lot)

With mold breaker you don't get a speed boost and its REALLY slow.
Would this set solve the Speed issue, then?
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-X-Scissor/Rapid Spin/Brick Break/Shadow Claw
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Ability: Mold Breaker

True, this set doesn't have a lot of power compared to the other sets, but at least it can revenge kill.

Would this set solve the Speed issue, then?
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Ability: Mold Breaker

True, this set doesn't have a lot of power compared to the other sets, but at least it can revenge kill.
Sand Throw solved the speed issue....

Having used Doryuuzu for a few matches, I can safely say that it is fucking awesome. It rips holes even without a Swords Dance, thanks to its superb Attack. And with the Speed boost provided by Sandstorm, you're going to have to depend on priority for the most part to take it down. Roobushin (sp?) is especially common, thanks to Mach Punch. An opponent's Doryuuzu even survived my Modest Lucario's LO Vacuum Wave - and proceeded to rape my team.

Keep in mind that this might not be reflective of the future metagame; these are just my observations at the moment.

flygon I realize is the best check to doryuuzu, if it revenge kills or switches in on sd or eq. remember that doryuuzu sd is really obvious. It's almost as obvious as dd kingdra dance in rain.

flygon I realize is the best check to doryuuzu, if it revenge kills or switches in on sd or eq. remember that doryuuzu sd is really obvious. It's almost as obvious as dd kingdra dance in rain.
nah I don't think so. scarfgon only reaches 492 speed versus 548 (I think) for sand throw doryuuzu. if flygon switches in on SD its screwed because +2 return or even x-scissor OHKOs.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Can this thing get past Rotom-W?
Well, Rotom-W is immune to Earthquake, so Doryuuzu would have to use Return or X-Scizzor. Rotom-W can Will-O-Wisp him, and has a STAB Super Effective Hydro Pump, so I could see him as a good check.

***To add to some hype

Doryuuzu is, like a few things, slightly wicked. The Sand Throw ability is oe of the best things about it, too: It is nearly Revenge-Proof. However, I can't let this thing go un-countered for 7 pages.

Birijion
http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/640.shtml is my favorite counter to Doryuuzu. Although its 72 Base Defense is rather underwhelming and does it no favors, a 252 HP/252 Def EV spread means you can endure anything Doryuuzu throws at you. In fact, Birijion can even switch into a Doryuuzu that have already knocked out a Poke, meaning it can potentially take 2 hits! As Doryu learns no Physical Steel Moves(Excluding Metal Claw), the most powerful attack it can deliver to Birijion is X-Scissor, which does 58-68% if Doryu is Adamant, Orb'ed and Subbed. Whilst Doryu has no reason to be a Rapid Spinner, with its awesome Attack stat and all, I'd still wager that a good amount will carry RS. If it oly carries Rock Slide, it only does 27-32%. Birijion can then return a Sacred Sword, doing 63% minimum(Assuming Max HP), or Close Combat, for 84% minimum. Life Orb will do the rest should Doryu have Life Orb. If it doesn't carry a Life Orb and X-Scissor, it isn't getting past Birijion.

Torterra fairs slightly better, but doesn't have the added bonus of being able to take on and take out Gyarados, Terakion, Mixed Tyranitar and non-Ice Beam Suicune. 4x weakness to Ice sucks for Torterra.

I won't discuss the Levitate-users and Grasses in bulk, but Radoroso, Gliscor and (Shock!)Cresselia will do very similarly, with Randoroso OHKOing with EarthQuake, Gliscor usually OHKOing with the same, and Cress becoming the pesky X-Scissor or owns your shit with the new, 100 BP, unresisted Future Sight. The Rotom's(Grass and Water), Shaymin, Tangrowth and Bronzong are just the beginning. They were relatively common in DP, too.

Well, Rotom-W is immune to Earthquake, so Doryuuzu would have to use Return or X-Scizzor. Rotom-W can Will-O-Wisp him, and has a STAB Super Effective Hydro Pump, so I could see him as a good check.
That's why I'm going to use a ScarfDoryuuzu with Mold Breaker, just like PD suggested. They'll expect me to have Sand Throw, and I'll surprise them with a STAB EQ. I hope that message "____ has Mold Breaker!" is gone this gen. xD

No, It tells you when you have mold breaker, except now it shows up even more obviously. It's very nice when you're catching Kibago :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)