Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Well, it still has a higher inital speed and a much larger movepool, but people are really psyched about Blaziken. For now, at least, I think it will be ignored. Imagine Infernape in UU, it could get together with Heraboss.

I tried to use the Pokeshifter on my English HeartGold through my White, but it didn't do anything. Are you able to migrate English pokemon to an Japanese White?

I know someone probably already asked, but is there any pokemon simulator that supports BW pokemon/ items?

Is Gengar outclassed now that Shandera has an overkill Special Attack and a useful type to use along with Shadow Tag?
Doubtful, since Shandera's 80 base speed hurts. In a generation full of high base attack/special attacks with speeds between 90 and like 102, Gengar's base 110 is very useful.

Torunerosu vs Iron Ball/Knock Down

So, for the longest time I wondered why we never had a pure-Flying type. I then realized it's because of this anomaly:

If you use Trick to give a Flying-type the Iron Ball, which drags them to the ground and means they can be hit by Earthquake, Earthquake would no longer have a type to calculate proper damage with since Flying is otherwise immune to the type.

...So...

My question is...

If you Trick an Iron Ball onto Torunerosu, or use Knock Down on him, and then proceed to hit him with Earthquake...

...how is damage calculated? Is Flying considered to take neutral damage to Ground when it is grounded? o_O...

Torunerosu vs Iron Ball/Knock Down

So, for the longest time I wondered why we never had a pure-Flying type. I then realized it's because of this anomaly:

If you use Trick to give a Flying-type the Iron Ball, which drags them to the ground and means they can be hit by Earthquake, Earthquake would no longer have a type to calculate proper damage with since Flying is otherwise immune to the type.

...So...

My question is...

If you Trick an Iron Ball onto Torunerosu, or use Knock Down on him, and then proceed to hit him with Earthquake...

...how is damage calculated? Is Flying considered to take neutral damage to Ground when it is grounded? o_O...
Yes. Ground is neutral.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Further to that, it also happens when something like Kecleon or Porygon and friends becomes the flying type, and then uses roost (Or when something skill swaps with Kecleon, then something with roost, etc.). It becomes the ??? type, whih is neutral to everything, but is generally only a glitch type. It has been around since the beginning.

How do I access the second floor of the underground ruins? Serebii says to interact with one of the red pillars in the middle of the room, I've done so with virtually all of them and nothing... am I supposed to use an HM on one of them?

Confirmed: Encourage gives a 1.3x boost to moves that have a secondary effect on the opponent, but prevents that effect from occurring. Does not apply to moves that have been given the flinch secondary effect by King's Rock.

What does it mean by "moves given the flinch secondary effect by King's Rock"? Any list of said moves?

It means that if you take a move that doesn't normally have a secondary effect and "give" it a secondary effect of flinching by giving it a King's Rock, it won't get boosted.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I tried PO before asking here. After the download, I went on team builder and they only had Bulbasaur-Arceus D:

How can I use BW pokemon on PO?
I don't have the link with me right now, but if you go to the fifth generation server (the Digimon one, i think), there's a link to the 5th generation update on the top of the chatbox.

It´s here but testing is down at this moment.

anyway, while i´m at it, even if it may not be the right place to ask:

Where would a gen 5 RMT belong? I have one, but i don´t know if i should post it in uncharted territory or the RMT forum.

It means that if you take a move that doesn't normally have a secondary effect and "give" it a secondary effect of flinching by giving it a King's Rock, it won't get boosted.

Would this mean things like Giga Impact wouldn't have a cool-down or Super Power won't have a stat reduction? Because they have effects.

Would this mean things like Giga Impact wouldn't have a cool-down or Super Power won't have a stat reduction? Because they have effects.
no it is percentage based effects only. For example the flinch rate on headbutt would be gone and its power would be boosted but guaranteed effects like missing a turn on Giga Impact or lowering your attack and defense with Superpower still happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)