Hitmonlee @ Flame Orb
Adamant Nature
Unburden
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Fling
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Mach Punch / Rest

I was thinking if you could Burn those Physical threats, due to Hitmonlee's piss poor defences it could be its saving grace. I'm also sure if you fling the Flame Orb, before it activates it would activate Unburden as well as not burn you right?
Yes, but be aware that simply switching with a teammate will lead to him being burned, unless your teammate died previously. So you lose that utility, but then again, what can Hitmonlee switch in on in the first place?

I heard about elemental gems that power corresponding moves up (50% ?) then it disappears. Could we use those to get Unburden as quick as possible?

@Fighting/Normal Gem
Adamant
252 Att/200 Def/156 Spd
-Mach Punch/Fake Out
-Hi Jump Kick
-Blaze Kick
-Stone Edge/Sucker Punch

Probably need some speed EVs to outspeed scarfers? I swear by Blaze Kick, its a nice surprise for Ghosts, Skarm, Bug/Steel army on the switch. I think the Hitmon family's movepools are pretty impressive for Fighting. Rapid Spin, Counter, new HJK, 3 priority punches, Bulk Up. IDK, if he doesn't eventually settle in as a go-to Fighter he should at least be a better than average UU.

Why even post pinch berry/gem sets? Priority is still there.

I'd go with either ScarfHJK or fling w/ kings rock. Everything else looks terrible.

kojondo seems to outclass it, if it got unburden in gen4 itd of been good since not exactly few, but a lot less pokemon had priorty back then

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Jolly LO Reckless Hi Jump Kick vs:

252/252+ Skarmory: 53.2 - 62.9%
(in comparison to Adamant Luke's 42.2 - 49.7%, just for power comparison)

252/176+ Hippowdon: 50.9 - 60.2%

-1 vs 0/0 Gyarados: 38.3 - 45.3%

I think Hi Jump Kick's massive 30 BP power boost is the best thing that has happened to Hitmonlee in gen V. It's a poke with 3 very usable abilities and the movepool and just enough stats to pull off what it wants to. Too bad the Ground/Steel mole has base 88 speed so everything will be looking to outspeed it :(.

I run a drifblim set similar to this, but it probably won't be quite as appealing for hitmonlee with that adismal HP stat. Still heres one:
Adamant
252 Att/164Spe/94Hp
Sitrus Berry/Leichi Berry
Bulk Up
High Jump Kick
Sucker Punch
Stone Edge/Mach Punch/Substitute

That speed puts him at 502 after the berry activates. Sitrus berry is used because after a bulk up, he can survive most attacks somewhat... and then after sitrus have enough hp to survive a weak priority.Also sitrus is easy to activate.
Still its defenses are frail as all hell so sub leichi works as well... just this one gives him the option to possibly stat up behind a sub if he gets the chance

I'm not sure about HJK... accuracy + side effect are terrible. I'd rather pick Close Combat on almost any Poke.
if it makes it any more appealing it isn't based on damage dealt to the opponent instead it eats half of your hp. So if you care about defenses it is worth considering.

people keep forgetting priority.

seriously once it gets the boost, not behind a sub, scizor just takes it out easily.

those sets are late game only and a HJK scarf or band set suit it better.
You're right, but many priority users sit below 87 speed. Mach Punch, along with Sucker Punch for Ghosts, will normally out-speed. Hitmonlee has his own priority.

That said, SS and Hail finish him off, so their popularity will not hep Hitmonlee's case. I'm just saying that priority is irrelevant.

Why has everyone passed over CoI's set? Normal gem + fake out as a lead lets you stop their lead by becoming faster, and as long as you bring your own priority, you won't suffer that much.

Why has everyone passed over CoI's set? Normal gem + fake out as a lead lets you stop their lead by becoming faster, and as long as you bring your own priority, you won't suffer that much.
I agree. I don't know what the big draw is to CScarf Hitmonlee. It only does 1.2 times as much damage with one move, and has to switch out against ghosts. I think the NJFO (Normal Jewel Fake Out) set is much beter, because at least you can hit ghosts with stone edge...

Also, don't think anyone was worried, but to get a legal fake out Hitmonlee, you just catch a dream world Tyrogue and level it up.

normal gem+fake out is definifitely the best set, as you also deal a lot of additional damage with Fake out.

GF definitely trolled us by making jolly unburden hitmolee 2 stat points slower than jolly Dory in the sand. Thanks Game Freak

normal gem+fake out is definifitely the best set, as you also deal a lot of additional damage with Fake out.

GF definitely trolled us by making jolly unburden hitmolee 2 stat points slower than jolly Dory in the sand. Thanks Game Freak
Most people run adamant Dory, or at least his thread says they do. Hitmonlee may be the reason that he runs jolly as there is nothing he can do to stop Lee from setting up and HJKing him to oblivion. I think I found my new mole remover.

I heard about elemental gems that power corresponding moves up (50% ?) then it disappears. Could we use those to get Unburden as quick as possible?

@Fighting/Normal Gem
Adamant
252 Att/200 Def/156 Spd
-Mach Punch/Fake Out
-Hi Jump Kick
-Blaze Kick
-Stone Edge/Sucker Punch

Probably need some speed EVs to outspeed scarfers? I swear by Blaze Kick, its a nice surprise for Ghosts, Skarm, Bug/Steel army on the switch. I think the Hitmon family's movepools are pretty impressive for Fighting. Rapid Spin, Counter, new HJK, 3 priority punches, Bulk Up. IDK, if he doesn't eventually settle in as a go-to Fighter he should at least be a better than average UU.
This set does look like a pretty amazing lead. The issue will be ghosts switching in and ruining your Fake Out, but if used in wifi (when Unburden is released), then this prohblem will be mitigated as you can at least see their ghost.

Hitmonlee the kicking demon

Hitmonlee #106
typing- Fighting
Ability 1: Limber- Hitmonlee cannot be paralyzed
Ability 2: Reckless- Raises the power of any of Hitmonlee's recoil attacks by 1.2x. This also includes Jump Kick and Hi Jump Kick
Ability 3(dream world): unburden- Raises speed if a held item is used.

HP: 50
Attack: 120
Defends: 53
SP. Attack: 35
SP. Defense: 110
Speed: 87

Level up
1-Double Kick
1-Revenge
5-Meditate
9-Rolling Kick
13-Jump Kick
17-Brick Break
21-Focus Energy
25-Feint
29-Hi Jump Kick
33-Mind Reader
37-Foresight
41-Wide Guard
45-Blaze Kick
49-Endure
53-Mega Kick
57-Close Combat
61-Reversal

TM/HM Moves
TM06 Toxic
TM08 Bulk Up
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM21 Frustration
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM31 Brick Break
TM32 Double Team
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
TM47 Ankle Sweep
TM48 Sing A Round
TM52 Focus Blast
TM56 Fling
TM67 Vengeance
TM71 Stone Edge
TM78 Level Ground
TM80 Rock Slide
TM83 Cheer Up
TM84 Poison Jab
TM87 Swagger
TM90 Substitute
TM94 Rock Smash
HM04 Strength

Ankle Sweep (physical) 60 atk 100 acc 20 pp
With speedy movements it aims at the opponent's feet

Sing A Round (special) 60 atk 100 acc 15 pp
If everyone sings together you can use this move in successive turns and have its power increase.

Cheer Up (effect) -- atk -- acc 30 pp
Increase Special Attack and Attack.

Egg Moves
Rapid Spin
Hi Jump Kick
Mach Punch
Mind Reader
Helping Hand
Counter
Vacuum Wave
Bullet Punch
Endure
Pursuit
Feint

Pre-Evolution only moves
Tackle
Helping Hand
Fake Out

Unburden- by definition it will increase your pokemon's speed if its held item is used or lost. more in depth, when this happens, your pokemon's speed will actually double. (equivalent to a +2 increase)

Hitmonlee is one of the many pokemon who has obtained some advantages due to the release of pokemon black and pokemon white. You may be thinking that there isn't that much that Hitmonlee didn't already have. There is one thing that he got which allows him to sweep much more effectively then ever before. His dream world ability Unburden. If you were to combine this with Liechi berry you will get a +2 speed boost and +1 attack boost. With the extra speed and attack he will be able to out speed a lot more threats and hit extremely hard with little setting up.

Hitmonlee @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Unburden
Nature: jolly/adamant
EV: 252 atk 252 spe 4 hp
-Reversal
-Substitute/Endure
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

The idea is pretty simple. Come in and set up substitute or endure until Liechi berry and unburden activates. After the +2 speed from unburden and +1 attack from the Liechi berry, its now time to sweep. Reversal for the huge STAB 150 attack power reversal, Stone edge and Earthquake to hit anything hard that Reversal wont. Because this set relies on having low HP you're going to need to watch out for priority moves. You could switch Stone Edge or Earthquake with a priority move of your own, for the faster hit.

Thanks to Cuiv for using Liechi berry over Salac berry.

Will add more if any new ones come up.
with the new boost in SS usefulness, as well as the new emphasis on priority, I don't see this being effective in OU

Endure is getting more and more useless with the prevalence of SS/Hail and priority.

I have problem's with the specifics of CoI's set. Blaze Kick is rather lackluster and doesn't provide much more coverage. Stone Edge/ HJK provide solid coverage, I personally think that mach punch > sucker punch to have solid priority. It should run 164 Speed EVs to outrun Dory if each has their respective +2 boosts. Also, what ghost switches into fake out? It does no damage, so unless they have a valuable pokemon with paper-thin defenses that could somehow die to fake out, and wants to be saved. It is pretty safe to fake out on turn one, especially against a resist, like Dory, that isn't expecting unburdening normal gem.

Most people run adamant Dory, or at least his thread says they do. Hitmonlee may be the reason that he runs jolly as there is nothing he can do to stop Lee from setting up and HJKing him to oblivion. I think I found my new mole remover.
Nah, in a metagame where mole speed ties determine the outcome of matches, no one runs Adamant. "Nothing he can do to stop Lee from setting up"? <_< How bout... kill him? Jolly Doryuuzu always outspeeds and hits 4/0 Hitmonlee for 115.7% - 136.4% with EQ. Unfortunately Hitmonlee can't guarantee a OHKO with Jolly LO Mach Punch (93.4% - 109.9%) due to Doryuuzu's dual SR resistance and artificial immunity to Spikes. This match up hopefully shouldn't ever have to happen anyway.

Hitmonlee can pull of a Chesto Bulk Up/Rest set I think. Its HP and Defense are absolutely abysmal, but with nice natural SpDef, it can come into a defensive Pokemon setting up (Hello Blissey or Nattorei), BU on the switch, and hopefully be faster than the switch-in to get in another Bulk Up to hit 284 def (LOL) and hopefully survive whatever they throw at you before Resting and sweeping. There's a lot of "hopefully"s in there, but it's worth a shot. A lot of the time, Hitmonlee's automatic switch in would probably be Burungeru. If this happens to be the case, you're golden. Burungeru's weak Boiling Waters should give you ample opportunity to set up, and as long as it doesn't actually burn you right after you Rest, you should be able to kill it and proceed to sweep their team.

Hitmonlee (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge

EDIT:
I agree with everyone else saying Reckless HJK is probably this thing's best bet though.

Question: How can Dory kill Lee when Lee used Fake Out for the flinch? And don't even make the argument for if Lee switched into an attack, that's not a possibility, Lee would revenge kill. Also, what calc are you using? I'm getting much lower damage output, even on adamant.

Question: How can Dory kill Lee when Lee used Fake Out for the flinch? And don't even make the argument for if Lee switched into an attack, that's not a possibility, Lee would revenge kill. Also, what calc are you using? I'm getting much lower damage output, even on adamant.
When you said "set up", I was assuming an actual set up move, not a Fake Out. You would need both Fake Out and Mach Punch to beat Doryuuzu, and at that point, there are things that do that better (See: Hitmontop, Roobushin, Breloom etc. who don't even need to revenge kill).

I'm using Smogon's damage calcs for Jolly Metagross's Meteor Mash on 4/0 Hitmonlee. I'm not sure why it comes as a surprise to you. Hitmonlee has 50/53 defenses rofl.

No, I was talking about mach punch. I believe that EQ is an OHKO. Hitmonlee ends up being the fastest thing around once the mole is gone, whereas your examples are all quite slow.

No, I was talking about mach punch. I believe that EQ is an OHKO. Hitmonlee ends up being the fastest thing around once the mole is gone, whereas your examples are all quite slow.
I counted in Life Orb because I didn't know you were referring to Fake Out. I'm getting 71.5% - 84.2% without. 11.8% - 13.9% for Fake Out? So I suppose with Fighting Jewel, you kill it. I'm not denying Hitmonlee's effectiveness in revenge killing Doryuuzu. I'm questioning his effectiveness with no item, no Reckless, no boost in attack, and just +2 speed. Even with Adamant, Hitmonlee only hits Hippowdon, an extremely common teammate for Doryuuzu, for 36.4% - 43.1% with HJK. There are plenty of other things Hitmonlee can't get past either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)