252 Att
252 Speed
4 HP
Jolly

Trick
Iron Head
Stealth Rock
U-Turn

Fairly standard lead. Trick cripples many leads who choose to just set up rocks and who don't have a trick blocker. Stealth Rock needs no explanation, while I use Iron Head just for damage and if my trick is blocked I can use him for a late game psuedo sweep. U-Turn is just to get some damage on the opposing Poke if I have an unfavorable matchup.

Celebi
Life Orb

232 HP
34 Speed
242 SpA
Modest

T-Wave
Recover
Psychic
Leaf Storm

My Machamp and bulky water counter. This little guy is great and packs a huge punch. I t-wave whenever I anticipate a switch and recovery gives me some survivability if I'm in a situation where I'm depending on hacks to gain the upper hand. Psychic for STAB and Leaf Storm just destroys anything that is weak to it and a lot of things that arent.

Heatran
Life Orb

252 SpA
252 Speed
4 HP
Timid

Substitute
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Explosion

My virtual counter to almost anything. I switch in Heatran to anything it can counter, sub up and then depending on what is switched in, I almost always explode. Almost takes out blissey and kills Starmie (which I despise) and Gyra, two common counters.
I find myself almost always exploding instead of doing something useful other then blocking Jirachi, Toxic and Fire moves so any suggestions as to what to do here would be appreciated.

Suicune
Chesto Berry

252 Speed
252 SpA
4 Def
Timid

Rest
Surf
HP-Electric
Ice Beam

Suicune... oh Suicune... I've had my ups and downs but too many times has he been able to soak up a hit and then just fire back. The spread I used is mainly so he can Psuedo tank since I dont have any real walls, but still be able to pack a punch. I'm thinking of taking out calm mind and making cune a resto-chesto for added survivability. Surf for STAB, HP-Electric for Gyra, and Ice Beam for dragons; pretty standard.

Snorlax @ leftovers
252 attack, 252 SpecDef, 6 HP
Adamant
Body Slam
Crunch
Earthquake
Self Destruct

This guy is a tank, he soaks up all the special hits from guys that gave me trouble in the past, starmie, heatran, jolteon, all of them are forced to switch or take a KO. He also works well against gengar, taking a focus blast and firing back with crunch. All around great bulky Poke. Thanks to Tater Tot for the suggestion.

Lucario
Life Orb

252 Att
252 Speed
4Hp
Adamant

Swords Dance
Close Combat
Extreme Speed
Bullet Punch

My pride and joy, Lucario is (IMO) one of the most powerful sweepers out there. With SD up the only thing that can consistently counter me is Rotom. Everything else is either wiped out by CC or hit by double priority. He is central to my team and one of my most consistant Pokes. Double priority just hits too many things and CC is just too powerful to get rid of.

Main Counters:

All Rotom Forms
Rotom is just a pain in my A$$. He counters almost everything on my team and I normally need to sacrifice something so I can get a draco meteor or fireblast off just so I can get rid of the darn thing. With how popular he is I feel like I need a good counter. I would consider Gengar if I knew what to take out, possibly Dragonite?

Jolteon
With its speed and huge SpA I normally revert to just sacrificing my Dragonite to get one Extreme Speed off and then send Lucario in for the kill with his own E-speed.

Starmie
He would be higher up the list if everyone didn't bring him in on my Heatran. I normally just go boom but I would rather not trade poke for poke.

Summary:

While the team normally wins upwards of 75% of its matches, I just feel I am too consistantly beaten by the same pokes and I know that someone out there probably has a good idea on how to improve this team. I'm not a fan of stall and choice items are Ehh for me so I tend to shy away. The two pokemon I would consider exchanging would be Dragonite and Heatran. Suicune could use an update if anyone so desired. Jirachi, Celebi and Lucario almost always are champs and can probably stay the same.

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster and I look forward to your help.
UPDATES

Resto Chesto Offensive Cune is working out great. His natural bulk is letting him take hits while firing back with tons of power. Chesto is letting me kill Brelooms who think they can set up on me and Rest is a restart button, great against toxic stall and who can argue against getting all of your HP back

Snorlax is doing pretty well so far, until I can find a better option, if I can, he stays.

You could try switching Suicune to timid and running maxspeed instead of maxdefense. It'll retain it's natural bulk but it will also outspeed a lot of threats, including more defensive Rotoms, and do a great deal of damage to the opponent's team early game or sweep through the whole thing mid-late game.

Try exchanging Dragonite for a form of Snorlax that you fancy. He can sponge special hits VERY well so Starmie doesn't even bother him, and he has the options of Cursing, using Choice Band to boost his already great attack, or (my personal favorite), forcing a switch, getting a strong STAB body slam in, which often paralyzes the opponent's counter (usually a fighting pokemon or Scizor). Snorlax will also take care of Starmie and Rotom, though he doesn't enjoy getting burned by will-o-wisp. Try this set below

Snorlax @ leftovers
252 attack, 252 SpecDef, 6 HP
Adaman
Body Slam (Return, if you want more power)
Crunch
Earthquake
Self Destruct

Even if Rotom is brave enough to stay in and successfully burn with will-o-wisp, Snorlax will severely dent him if he switches out or KO him if he stays in. The opponent will usually send something in to set up on the seemingly crippled Snorlax, who can then explode, having killed two pokemon. If the opponent doesn't burn him, snorlax can repeatedly switch into Jolteon/Starmie/Zapdos/etc... and sponge their hits while being more offensively threatening than Blissey ever could.

I say switching to an offensive Suicune, will shock and destory people. They will be unaware of the speed suicune has and be destoryed. and can't heatran take on jolteon?

Notable Problems

• LO Starmie
The majority of teams in the current metagame are weak to offensive variants of Starmie, and this team is no exception. Starmie is easily capable of 2HKOing the majority of your team, and can therefore sweep quite easily after you have sustained some prior damage. The priority on Dragonite and Lucario does help fix some of your problems with Starmie and other fast sweepers, but they both may have a difficult time switching in without taking a significant amount of damage, especially against more skilled players.

Suggestions

• Use Passho Heatran
One way to fix your Starmie problem somewhat without greatly altering the structure of your team would be to change your Heatran's set. Currently, it runs a rather unusual Substitute + Life Orb set that relies on forcing switches so that it can use Explosion on a counter from behind a substitute. I feel that it would be more effective to utilize a PasshoTran set, which would give you the same access to Explosion, while allowing Heatran to take just about any Water-type attack:

Heatran @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Mild (+SpA, -Def)
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Grass

This is a very useful and often unexpected set that aims to retain Heatran's ability to hit hard and check a lot of OU threats while gaining a useful defensive measure against Water-type sweepers. The Passho Berrry will allow Heatran to survive even a LO Hydro Pump from Starmie, allowing you to either take it out with Explosion or finish it off with Hidden Power Grass if it's at low health. Heatran's other moves round out its coverage; Fire Blast is essential as a solid and powerful STAB attack, while Earth Power can be useful for hitting opposing Heatran on the switch. Even against teams without Starmie, Heatran still provides a very useful check to threats weak to Fire, and can function decently against certain members of stall as well.

Good luck with your team!

Thank you for all of the replies. I'm going to try the SpD tank variant Snorlax in place of Dragonite once the Poke' Lab servers are up again. Also I'm going to change to offensive cune but keep resto chesto just to see how it goes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)