Kyurem

Draco Meteor and Outrage aren't exactly the greatest STAB's to rely on in a metagame basically built around surviving and dishing out these, and a few other, moves.

I'm really hopeful of a superior dreamworld ability for this beautiful pokemon (if it gets one - everything else has). Pressure is mostly redundant on an Ice Type, even with its great defensive stats. Its overpowered version of Icy Wind has some potential once its actually in play as well.

This thing is as it currently stands just too powerful for OU, but not by much. I really hope it gets some kind of boost to make it a strong addition to an Uber team.
I swear, I think it's dreamworld ability is going to be Snow Warning!

I'm really hopeful of a superior dreamworld ability for this beautiful pokemon (if it gets one - everything else has).
No, there are plenty of pokémon without DW abilities: many legendaries and all levitaters, for example. Kyuremu's only ability is Pressure. We already know all DW abilities, as they were extracted directly from the games' data.

V: Ah, well then. It's certainly possible in the next game.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Scizor is pretty reliable for countering Kyu if it doesn't sub because Bullet Punch OHKOs.

No, there are plenty of pokémon without DW abilities: many legendaries and all levitaters, for example. Kyuremu's only ability is Pressure. We already know all DW abilities, as they were extracted directly from the games' data.
We don't have the data on Grey because it doesn't exist yet. :P

i probably think he`ll have two formes in the third game...one for cold flare with SP ATK 150,one for freeze bolt with Atk 150...which`ll also give him a bst 680 for either of the forms...this is just my speculation though.

Its sad that he is somewhat underwhelming without access to a good boosting move apart from claw sharpen..95 speed hurts him.

It'd be funny if it were just one forme:

Kyurem Theorymon Forme
Snow Warning / Freeze Bolt / Cold Flare
HP - 70
ATK - 150
DEF - 70
SP ATK - 150
SP DEF - 70
SPD - 150
BST - 660

Cue immediate cries of <"UBER!!!"> should such a beast be conceived XD

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
This thing is a disgrace to Dragonkind. Like Ononokusu, it seems destined for low OU but hopefully it will drop, be BLed and not be another Electivire.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy that you guys are underestimating this beast. That means it won't be banished to Ubers. Which means I get to use this in my Hail team. There is also a pretty good chance that his DW ability will be Snow Warning, so he is another candidate to use for a Hail team than just Abomasnow.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy that you guys are underestimating this beast. That means it won't be banished to Ubers. Which means I get to use this in my Hail team. There is also a pretty good chance that his DW ability will be Snow Warning, so he is another candidate to use for a Hail team than just Abomasnow.
Kyuremu has no Dream World ability. It may get an alternate form with the ability, but it won't get it through Dream World.

Maybe your right. If it did get Snow Warning with it's other forme then that would suck, cause' it would be Uber with all the other major upgrades it could get.

So your saying is Caterpie could be uber with all the major updates that it could get?
Honestly this thing is just going to be a low OU get over it guyz >__>.
Btw nice post reach.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy that you guys are underestimating this beast.
I can assure you that, from my battle experiences in the 5th Gen, that I'm not underestimating Kyuremu and it certainly isn't a beast.

In the last couple days I fought a few of them and seriously, at first I was like "oh god I'm going to get pounded" but then it was just a Bullet Punch weak, slower Salamence. I'm sure people have said this quite a few times but it's just so outclassed in every possible way by the others Dragons that I'll be surprised if it can hold its ground in the Standard Metagame.

Which is really a shame, I think it looks cool. ):

Hmm... Kyruemu is Bullet Punch weak but Salamence and Dragonite (if not at full health) are Ice Shard weaks.
Glad Scizor is actually good huh?

I dunno... 130/130 stats are very good. If i use Kyruemu, i'll use it with Sub or Reflect, something like this:

Kyruemu @ Life Orb
-Draco Meteor
-HP Fire
-Outrage/Ice Beam
-Reflect/ Substitute

Only thing going for it is the great attacking stats. Reflect makes Kyruemu survive Bullet Punches blablabla Wish support.

Bullet Punch weak, Mach Punch weak, Vacuum Wave weak, SR weak, Spikes/Toxic vulnerable, Fire neutral and Doryuuzu/Cloyster existing means that fighting moves are likely gonna be common.

And Ice isn't a brilliant STAB type at all, mainly because Kyurem has no anti-Bliss measure besides Outrage. It's a predictably forced split on a poke with cruddy speed.

Couldn't really ask for worse typing without having a 4x weak.

Keldio easily sets up on this thing, for one.

We're not supposed to discuss tiering, but this thing . . . you know where I'm going.

You could say the same thing about Tyranitar >_>_>_>_>_>
Except the SR weak part.

Also, it survives many of those with ease (125/90/90 defenses is damn bulky after all).

Still, movepool sucks, Ice sucks, ability sucks, signature move sucks, suckssuckssucks.
And Kyruemu is ugly to boot.
But it has it's uses IMO. Gotta figure this one out...

About tiering: whatever. If someone placed Ho-oh on NU, i still don't care.

If anything, Kyuremu might get Snow Warning if he gets an alt. forme in the next game (even in B/W he summons a snowstorm when you go catch him!).

I'm stunned to see how people underestimate him, because he's easily the best bait pokemon in the game. Once he's sent out you either have a Magnezone/Shanderaa counter (everyone uses Steel types so this is a given) or you lose.
You can say the same about every single dragon (besides altaria). If he were the only dragon in the metagame probably he will be a force but in a metagame already centralized around steel and dragon ( most of them outclass him) he isnt aporting nothing new, he is just a subpar choice for your team. Also one of the salamence most common partner was magezone, so pairing a steel traper with a dragon isnt something new or surprising

You're pretty much forced to switch to a Steel type if you don't want to eat his STAB attacks AND you can't rely on Scarfed pokemon because of Frozen World. Perhaps this is the one and only offensive pokemon without priority moves who really doesn't care about subpar speed.
Again you can say the same about every dragon type, but the diference is that not even steel types cant swich into them without fear of their other moves, while they only have to be careful of hidden power fire from kyurem

Scizor is not a counter unless it's raining because HP Fire OHKOs.
Unless you spam a unSTABed 70 BP move everytime scisor is a hard counter

Sazandora doesn't even come close because Dark is a terrible offensive type in this generation given the sheer amount of Justice Heart pokemon running wild
I can see here you actually never played the game and you are just theorymoning out of your ass. Sazandora movepool is great with great coverage, she dont need to use STAB dark pulse just when she needs to. And dark/dragon + levitate give her a good amount of resistance a low weakness

Latias can't hit hard on the physical side.
Latias is a level above kyurem. Recover, wish, CM, surf, grass knot, thunderbolt/ thunder, trick, not weak to SR+levitated, etc. The only way kyurem is not outclassed by latias is using outrage, something he cant with set you supported before (draco meteor, frozen world, HP fire and fail blast).

Dragonite has serious problems with water types[
He can break stall, set up DD, roost and an amazing movepool including a priority move (extreme speed). And all of that while keeping a good defensive types. Im pretty sure thats better than beating some water types

Garchomp and Salamence might be better on the offensive side, but neutrality to ice instead of 4x weakness is an advantage that shouldn't be overlooked.
This is the worse part of your post by a long shot. You are saying that x4 ice weakness + good amount of resistance an inmuties (combined with a good moveppol) is worse than ice neutrality + a retarded amount of common weakness and no inmunities (combined with a bad movepool). Maybe you like kyurem because idk he is "cute" and all that BS, but stop overrating him. In your post you are not even considerating any other pokemon, when you want to know a pokemon effectiveness you have to look a couple of thing:

-Stats
-Typing
-Movepool
-Perk of this pokemon over other similar pokemons

Kyurem is bad in the last 3

This thing is a disgrace to Dragonkind. Like Ononokusu, it seems destined for low OU but hopefully it will drop, be BLed and not be another Electivire.
If monstrously powerful Dragons like Ononokusu and Kyumeru are a "disgrace" where does that leave Altaria and Kurimugan? :p

So your saying is Caterpie could be uber with all the major updates that it could get?
Yes, if Cartepie was given an ability that made him auto-kill a pokemon just by switching into battle then Caterpie would be broken.

Wait until the third game comes out. Look at how Shaymin was mediocre until it got it's new forme and then became Uber. Same thing is going to happen to this dragon.

If monstrously powerful Dragons like Ononokusu and Kyumeru are a "disgrace" where does that leave Altaria and Kurimugan? :p
In my book they arent considerated "dragon", one with lol offesive power and the other with ridiculous speed (48 base speed) and also lol special attack. Probably altaria stay in uu but i rather use gabite over the other piece of crap he is destinated to be nu

In my book they arent considerated "dragon", one with lol offesive power and the other with ridiculous speed (48 base speed) and also lol special attack. Probably altaria stay in uu but i rather use gabite over the other piece of crap he is destinated to be nu
A Dragon type with 120 base atk, good defenses, glare, and an amazing offensive movepool is "a piece of crap"? Now I'm a fan of Gabite myself, but to be honest I'd say Kurimugan would be a better choice in most in cases.

A Dragon type with 120 base atk, good defenses, glare, and an amazing offensive movepool is "a piece of crap"? Now I'm a fan of Gabite myself, but to be honest I'd say Kurimugan would be a better choice in most in cases.
77/90/90 arent that good, and his only stat boosting move is claw sharpen. I'll use gabite over him 100% of the times

Wait until the third game comes out. Look at how Shaymin was mediocre until it got it's new forme and then became Uber. Same thing is going to happen to this dragon.
I dunno...Nintendo seems to pretty consistently underestimate how bad the Ice-type is. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't expect this guy to become a huge threat, even with upgrades in the next generation. Snow Warning would give him a niche (not like hail teams have really been seen as impressive as of yet), and removing the charge-up turn on his 140 BP Ice-moves would probably get him some usage just on the basis of extreme power. But unless he gets some serious upgrades to his movepool or an insane boost in offensive stats (and speed), I doubt he'll be finding much play amongst Kyogre and co., or even outclassing OU Dragons. The previous history of third-game upgrades hasn't led me to believe Kyurem will get any help in the coverage department either, since the moves it needs to most (Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Earthquake) are already TMs. I suppose Earth Power is a potential upgrade as a move tutor move, though, which would make it a lot more dangerous if it gets a new form with better speed.

I dunno...Nintendo seems to pretty consistently underestimate how bad the Ice-type is. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't expect this guy to become a huge threat, even with upgrades in the next generation. Snow Warning would give him a niche (not like hail teams have really been seen as impressive as of yet), and removing the charge-up turn on his 140 BP Ice-moves would probably get him some usage just on the basis of extreme power. But unless he gets some serious upgrades to his movepool or an insane boost in offensive stats (and speed), I doubt he'll be finding much play amongst Kyogre and co., or even outclassing OU Dragons. The previous history of third-game upgrades hasn't led me to believe Kyurem will get any help in the coverage department either, since the moves it needs to most (Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Earthquake) are already TMs. I suppose Earth Power is a potential upgrade as a move tutor move, though, which would make it a lot more dangerous if it gets a new form with better speed.
I'm guessing Kyumeru will get two forms, one with 150 base atk and the other with 150 sp.atk to reach the standard 680 BST of the cover legends, and get the overpowerd ice moves for each form. (though I never heard anything about them taking a turn to charge?) Snow Warning is a distinct possibility as well, and hopefully earth power as you said. What I really wish Kyumeru would get is Ice Shard to take down other dragons. It would also be the only dragon that gets a STAB priority move. For now, It should abuse it's good Mixed Attacking capabilities, ability to take on almost all water types thanks to it's typing, and Frozen World.

I think one of the best ways to use him would be a substitute set in which you switch in on something that can't really touch you (this is more ideal) or that you threaten to ohko, and then setup a sub on the switch.

His biggest issues are his typing, movepool and his speed. Substitue allows him to get a free hit without having to predict, is one of the better moves he can learn and helps with some of his speed issues since he gets to hide behind a sub, and protects him temporarily from super effective attacks. Basically it can help to cover most of his weaknesses (though obviously it requires you to come in on a pokemon that can't heavily damage him to begin with).

With his great HP stat too he can setup fat subs that Seismic Toss can't break

I deffinetly dont think it will get Snow warning because that was just the theme they went with RSE..Nothing like that seems to be going on here.Btw gabite over that ugly (BAN ME PLEASE) with a skin problem any day >___>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)