Baokki (Fire Monkey)

For Those of you who dont know this is the fire type monkey.this thread
discussion is not about whether it will be banned or not only to discuss its competitive use

Baokki
Base Stats : Hp -75 atk - 98 def- 63 sp atk -98 sp def-63 speed - 101
Type: Fire
Abilities
Gluttony: a held berry is eaten at 50 % AS OF gEN IV
Dream World
Blaze : power of fire moves are increased at 25 %

Weaknesses : 2x Water ,Rock,Ground
Resistances :2x bug, grass, steel , ice , Fire

Level up moves :

Generation V

Move Type Cat. Pwr. Acc. PP
Leer Normal Status — 100% 30
Lick Ghost Physical 20 100% 30
Fury Swipes Normal Physical 18 80% 15
Flame Burst Fire Special 70 100% 15

Tm Moves:
Claw Sharpen
Sunny day
Toxic
Hidden power
Taunt
Return
Solarbeam
Hyper Beam
Protect
Double Team
Fire blast
Flamethrower
Brick Break
Nitro charge
Facade
Torment
REst
Overheat
Ankle sweep
Focus Blast
incinerate
Shadow claw
will o wisp
Cheer up
rock slide
Grass knot
Substitute

Egg Moves:
Covet
Nasty Plot
Low kick
Role Play
Fire spin
Fire punch
Astonish
sleep talk
Heat Wave

Pre evo moves :
Crunch
Recyle

This is an average poke.one of the monkeys
*** Has acess to setup moves like nasty plot ,cheer up , claw sharpen
*** has respectable 101 speed allowing it to outspeed base 100's
*** It can run both physical or special sets due to its 98 offenses

However it has some downfalls
Poor defenses it doesent have much bulk and can be easily picked off by priority users
Average offenses 98 offenses are mediocre in the current super offensive metagame
Fire typing makes it weak to SR
Has an average movepool

I m really not that good at making sets but one of them could be
Boakki @ life orb
252sp atk 252 spd 4 hp
timid
Nasty plot
fireblast
grass knot
Fous blast/taunt

Ok i think it could be uu .
DISCUSS

Its Attack stats aren't that good, but its got pretty good Defenses and a good Speed stat which outspeeds base 100s which is useful.

Claw Sharpen could boost the mediocre Attack stat but I don't think it gets many Physical moves?

Its Attack stats aren't that good, but its got pretty good Defenses and a good Speed stat which outspeeds base 100s which is useful.
You're reading the spread wrong: It has 75/65/65 Defenses. Those are not good defenses lol. Its attacking stats are both 98.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
In all seriousness, I don't see why I can't use Infernape competitively over this perky little guy. No Fightng-type STAB and overall inferior offensive stats.

Sorry, even though I love this guy, it's got competition.

It has a nice attacking combination with Flamethrower/Fire Blast, Grass Knot and Focus Blast. Other than that, it has tough competition in Yanakki and Hiyakki, which can run the same sets with the same stats with another STAB move. Being weak to SR doesn´t help it either.

Just why is it that I think this is a worse version of Infernape?(competitively speaking. I like his design)

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well, we can't help it, really. I mean, this thing is just ASKING to be compared to infernape with the troll speed and Fire monkey persona.

In general, I think this thing has a long way to go with competition in the faces of opponents that can be hit harder by the competition.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
How about this?

NPApe Jr.
@Life Orb/Wide Lens
Timid/Modest
252 Sp.A/252 Spe/4 HP

Nasty Plot
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
Grass Knot/HP electric
Focus Blast/HP ice

Focus

All pre-evo moves (according to Bulbapedia):

Scratch
Leer
Lick
Devastate/Incinerate
Fury Swipes
Yawn
Bite
Flame Burst
Amnesia
Fling
Acrobat
Fire Blast
Recycle
Natural Gift
Crunch

Focus

SubPinch

Blaze/Gluttony
@Leichi/Pataya/Salac Berry
EVs?

Substitute
Claw Sharpen
Nitro Charge/Acrobat
Focus Blast/Fire Blast

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, unfortunately Baokki is totally outclassed by Infernape. However, when we get the tiers sorted out, it may see some use in UU/NU. Also spoinka, please don't triple post, you can quote multiple people in the same post.

Unfortunately he ends up being a worse Infernape, but I suppose he could work out in lower tiers (ie, wherever Infernape is banned). It's a shame he also has barely anything to distinguish himself from the other water and grass, besides type. I mean, why the hell give them all the same stats?

His evo is really awesome design, but what are with Baokki's hands? srsly wtf

Unfortunately he ends up being a worse Infernape, but I suppose he could work out in lower tiers (ie, wherever Infernape is banned). It's a shame he also has barely anything to distinguish himself from the other water and grass, besides type. I mean, why the hell give them all the same stats?

His evo is really awesome design, but what are with Baokki's hands? srsly wtf
I know it is creepy he is doing a woman's "OMG" hand motion.

I feel sad :(

In Gen V, Hihidaruma's just more powerful with higher attack stat and better offensive movepool.

In everything else, Infernape just owns.

This thing has a bad case of the trolls with that 101 speed. I mean, couldn't they give the one extra from baokki, hiyakki, and yanakki and give them to genosekuto (base 99 speed) and sazandora (98 speed)? Thanks a lot, trollfreak <.<

this guy will be the UU infernape since infernape can do everything he does better and blaziken and emboar might be better to since they arent weak to stealth rock and have fighting stab and more moves its a shame for this monkey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)